2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

the 9lb odd guesstimate also is right to the end! Overdue and all - phew.

MrsM they need to be trampled by your lovely horsey! They should sort it asap and compensate you for the stress to a preggo! In the form of packets and packets of AD!

Claire, that's great news. Wow only 4 weeks?! She sounds like a right daft moose.. what an annoying mw!

Poor old Lia.. I would hate for my hubby to be sent home due to lack of room. Hope she's not suffering too much having to wait.

Moggy glad the scan went well! 9lb is a good size so FX moglet makes an appearance soon.

xx

Lydia - Vent away hun...dont blame you...cant believe they're still convinvced they're right :dohh: Srick to your guns and make sure you get your money next week....if you get charged for anything because of it you are well within your rights to get work to pay for it. I'm not so bothered about the b'day thing now......probably daft anyway LOL Great party to llokf orward too though...an 18th and 50th :thumbup:

Ann - Luckily it was the consultant not the MW who was annoying...here's hoping i don't see her again :wacko: KNowing my luck she'll be there when i go for section....

Moggy - I have AD in the fridge....:blush: Made some this afto thinking it would be nice for Jac to have some as his pudding (well sort of LOL) :haha: Mmmmmm might have some now........................

xx

You ladies and your AD!! Pip said she was going to mail me some or she had mailed me some, but I'm not sure how long it takes to get from the UK to Canada!?

I'm so curious about AD now!!! lol

Isnt Lia coming up to 48 hrs after her waters have gone?! Thay can't go much over as there is high risk of infection the longer they leave it......i hope she's been able to go to labour ward and is progressing nicely.....cmon Lia.
Either way we shoudl ahve a new baby int he group by tomorrow morning :happydance:

xx

You ladies and your AD!! Pip said she was going to mail me some or she had mailed me some, but I'm not sure how long it takes to get from the UK to Canada!?

I'm so curious about AD now!!! lol

You'll probably end up so disappointed...especially with how much we've gone on about it :haha:
If it deosnt turn up ....let me know and i'll send you some....you have to have some even if it does turn up post baby :thumbup:

xx

LOL!! Thanks Claire! Soon Ann...4ish weeks or sooner and then you can have all the AD you want! Might not be a great idea if you're trying to get your pre-pregnancy shape back...but still! lol!

as far as waters go Im assuming theyre treating her with IV antibiotics as its been this long...:shrug: No news since earlier when she was hoping to be on labour ward by 5pm for everything to get kickstarted again...

Edit - just got txt to say Epi in, 3cm love to all

Good luck Lia.....am so excited for you now....:hugs:

(thank you for the updates moggy)
xx

Woo hoo - yay for Lia!!! Glad things are progressing - soon we'll have another one to coo over!! Can't wait for more updates Moggy, thank you! :happydance::happydance:

Speaking of updates, DH is worrying that we won't be able to charge mobiles when in hospital - I'm presuming thats the case? Can't plug anything in unless its been tested like in my office?

Thanks girls:hugs: - its amazing how much it does help to have a good moan about it! Claire - a couple of our payments have/will have bounced, so I'll ask DH how much that has cost us and ask them to pay it, good idea! Packets and packets of AD sound pretty good to me!! I'm going to go and buy some tomorrow, purely medicinal of course after this stress!!:haha:

Moggy, I asked my sister about her labour tonight over dinner, she said that it was painful (sorry!), but that the pain remained very constant throughout the first and second stage, it didn't get any worse, which could be a positive thing?! Her baby was almost 9lbs too, he had cute little chipmunk cheeks when he was born!!

How are the BHs Ann? Hope you had a better night of sleep last night. I looked for sugar-free AD the other day and couldn't find any :growlmad: Although my sugar levels were fine this week, so I'm back on it, but the MW told me to try and curb my sweet tooth!

Brig, if you PM me your address, next time I'm at the Post Office I'll try and post you some if they'll let me :shrug:

Mrsmils, I asked our NCT lady about that on Weds and she said they won't allow you to plug anything in to the wall. I'm gutted as my old ipod only has a few hours battery life so not too sure what to do. I guess I could keep sending my dh out to charge it in the car?

My BH have got a lot better actually, thanks for asking. I had a great night's sleep yesterday as well! Today I've got lots of spa treatments booked in as the remainder of my birthday present from my dh and my sisters. I can't wait!

I'm glad you kept all the paper work so that those HR idiots can bow their heads in shame!!! Jobs worth springs to mind! xxx

Enjoy your treatments Ann - I'm very jealous!!! Glad you've had a better nights sleep!

I too slept properly for the first time in ages last night, I only got up for the loo 3 times!! (rather than the usual 8-10...). I had to take some paracetamol before bed as my hips/pelvis were so painful that I could barely walk, and I think that must have helped me sleep. I feel so much more 'awake' this morning iykwim?!

Moggy, hopefully no news is good news, if nothing was happening then she'd probably have given you an update, fingers crossed we may have another B,F&D baby today!!

I'm wondering whether our battery-powered ipod speakers might charge it a little bit? Or at least not let it run out as quickly? Fortunately I got a new ipod for christmas, so the battery life isn't too bad, so between mine and DHs I should be ok. I've tasked him with coming up with some music that I'd like! Maybe see if you could borrow anyone else's ipod for the time? I'm tempted to ask my sister for a backup one.

Ooohh can't you buy external batteries that you can plug in to ipods and phones? I might look in to that. FX the speakers do the job. x

Update from Lia - baby arrived 4.30am and weighed in at 7lb3oz - she says he is PERFECT and her MW was a STAR!

:happydance: two babies already :wohoo:

Hi everyone! I'm totally overexcited for Lia.. have been on pins since she told me! Hoping her bubba is in her arms by now :cloud9:

Missing you guys! Struggling to get online- well, with two hands free to type anyway! I'm reading loads while i'm expressing but need both hands for that. K's feeding is still not going well so i've switched to exclusively expressing for a while... it's given me time to heal my nipples, he's getting about 80% breastmilk now and taken the pressure off for me for a while. I haven't given up on actual BFing though, I am going to spend today on the sofa with him trying to get him to latch before I give him a bottle every time as i'd really like to NOT be attached to the Milking Machine all the time!!- I'd rather be attached to him!!!

My hosp were happy for phones to be used in labour rooms and the plug sockets- maybe ring up the delivery suite and ask them? Oh and all the delivery rooms had ipod speakers there already, so you could ask them if they have those too. (I never took my ipod in the end cos I was admitted before I could go home and get it!)

Claire i'm dying to know when your section is!!! Buuuut it will also be a lovely surprise to get the "surprise, i've had a baby!" update from you :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->