2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Moggy, you suggested the sheets from Mothercare before. I am looking at the ones for the pram. Is it the Cotton Jersey ones or the Terry Towelling ones that you recommended as they were so soft?

We finally got LO's coming home outfit yesterday. But I was wondering when taking them out of the hospital in the car seat, do you wrap them or cover them up in something else? OH said they used to use shawls for this and when we asked for them in the shop, she looked at us as if we were from another planet. :shrug:

It was bloody boiling the day we brought him home, so he was just in his car seat in his outfit... no blanket or coat or anything. Just plonk a blanket on top of them if it's chilly :)

cotton jersey :thumbup:

We "plonked" a blanket on Moglet :haha: but then in the car we took it off as plenty warm enough, if you have a car carrycot you can wrap them in a shawl/blanket before putting their lap strap over and then seatbelt in the carrycot clips etc - not sure if the hospital let you take them in a carrycot though or if they would come to the car with you to ensure it is secured in safely with seatbelt clips etc (if your carrycot straps in you will know what i mean, if not you will be thinking :wacko: )

Saw your FB status Yas WOWZER 1lb 12oz in a week! You are producing Clotted Cream!! Is that just 7 days? How much was he putting on before that?

Crazy or what!!!

6lb 5oz at birth
5lb 10 at 7 days
8lb at 23 days
9lb 12oz at 30 days!!!! SEVEN DAYS LATER!!!

What a porker! Have packed away all of his newborn clothes, wasn't expecting to do that after just 4 weeks!! He's a relatively efficient feeder most of the time, too... 20 mins or every 3ish hours. I do have an overactive letdown though so he's drowning in boobie juice :rofl:

Yas that is brilliant, feel very proud of you in a non-condescending way IYKWIM? Especially the feeding in public as I know you were finding it hard early on :hugs: The overactive letdown does pass - its kind of like prem ejac for a bloke, you learn to deal with it. The BF counsellor here said think of it as your body showing a rush of love for little man, as time passes you still love him lots but it feels different more established and just there as if it always was :cloud9:

As far as big bro Mogster - hes loving it BUT we are having issues!

He is playing up in just the same way a little boy would be expected to given he now has a rival for Mummy and Daddy's attention, we are getting a lot of wet pants and he is wanting a carry more too. It should pass just have to go with it and give him as much attention individually as we can without him thinking we are choosing one boy over the other. He has been great today, lots of wet pants but also lots of cuddling Jack and wanting their picture taken together, gonna talk to the HV tomorrow see if she can suggest anything to make it easier on him...

Hope everyone having a good day?

hi everyone,not much going on here, ive decided to hibernate til tuesday, i cant be arsed to walk or drive anywhere, i drove on saturday and where my tummy was rubbbing the steering wheel i had a dirty black mark on my top, me thins the car needs a clean,lol. only 5 more sleeps, hope you are all doing ok, how you feeling pip?

hi everyone,not much going on here, ive decided to hibernate til tuesday, i cant be arsed to walk or drive anywhere, i drove on saturday and where my tummy was rubbbing the steering wheel i had a dirty black mark on my top, me thins the car needs a clean,lol. only 5 more sleeps, hope you are all doing ok, how you feeling pip?

:rofl: about the car needing a clean.

You must be so excited, only 5 more sleeps for you. What time are you going into hospital?

I'm fine, thanks. I am getting some more bits and bobs together and think of more questions all the time. Think I'm also getting a bit more nervous as the days go by. I am excited as I know we are getting closer, but nervous about the whole birth thing at the same time. :blush:

Best advice I can give is trust your instincts and get OH to trust his if he has to make a decision without being able to consult you cos your focus is elsewhere. You will be fine and it is all worth it - you gonna meet your little one at the end of it...magic moment! :hugs:

Moggy I guess that's only natural re Mogster and the wet pants. It must be so confusing for little ones. Have you got relatives that can just spend time with Mogster like take him out to the zoo for the day? We did that with my niece and just spent as much time as possible playing with her. Obviously it doesn't compete with Mum and Dad's attention but it might help take the pressure off?

I can't believe only 5 more sleeps for you Costgang!! And hasn't Claire only got 6 days?

Yesterday I was getting lots of cramps which really stepped up a gear in the evening as well as a bit of back ache. I really thought it was the beginning of something. We had a hot curry and then finally had a bit of naughty time!! So I was half expecting to go in to labour during the night, but nope. Still getting a few cramps today. Maybe he's just dropped a bit? Off to the MW in a bit for her to check that he's still head down.

x

Ahhh, little Mogster- it must be so confusing and overwhelming to suddenly have to share! Could you perhaps do some kind of 'Special Time' with just him? Like maybe a trip to a cake shop, or staying up a bit later for a story and cuddles with you while hubby has J? Hope the HV has some better ideas.

Thanks for the lovely words about the BF'ing :hugs: it really was unbearably hard and I was so close to giving up so many times, and now it's all fallen into place and i'm endlessly glad that I persevered- love giving my little man his boobie juice :cloud9:

Good luck Ann, you can always ask her to give you a sweep while you're there xx

i was induced with my boys,but lauren was spontanious, is that thw word:dohh: anyway, with la what started her off was a long car ride over a very bumpy road, mite work for somwone else

Oooh Ann, how exciting! Hope the mw goes well, keep us posted!

I had a lot of cramps last night too, but it turned out to be a continuation of my upset stomach from earlier in the day. Boo. My pelvis was so bad yesterday evening that I couldn't even roll over in bed without yelping in pain. DH helped me downstairs and I sat on the ball for ages, which made a big difference, it tends to get v bad when I've been sitting still for a while. Can't shift this headache either. Grr.

Moggy - my sister had the same problems with her eldest, like Ann said, although it doesn't replace Mummy and Daddy's attention, we did lots with him to try and make him feel special too. To be honest, it just took a little while and then he accepted it all and was fine.

Pip - I felt the same way as you last time....but a few hours afterthings started to happen (waters going and so forth) i wasnt really fazed after that :shrug: The initial shock got to me and then i got over that...you'll be fine hun...its natural to be nervous and stuff...it shows we care :hugs:

Yas - :happydance::happydance: to super booby juice.

Moggy - I'm sure Mogster will adjust soon enough....we dont realise how hard it is on them. I can see some issues with Jac too but im hoping since he's younger he might adjust sooner......here's hoping :hugs:

Ann - Yep...6 sleeps to go.....excited and nervous too LOL. Ive also had some back ache started this week.....no cramps though so :shrug: With Jac i had BH starting around a week before my waters went at approx 38-39 weeks...and they gradually got more frequent as the days went by.....nothign so far this time so dont hink i'll be going sooner than planned section. Give it a few days maybe LO is getting ready to say hello :winkwink:

Costgang - Are you nervous or relaxed knwoing you'll be induced next week? I have mixed feeling with having my planned section. excited and nervous as i know the date..:wacko:

Bump has been quiet movement wise since yesterday morning....had some but nothing like before and not the usual routine either. So was close to phoning midwife this morning to get checked. But i tried a cold drink and some chocolate first and it seems to have doen the trick. Had a few good kicks and a fair few rumbles int he last hour so feel a lot happier now. Feel a bit under the weather as i have a cold so that may have had an influence :shrug:

xx
xxx

Aww Claire - I hope you feel better soon :hugs: I had a similar panic at the weekend, LO was much quieter than usual, but a cold can of diet coke did the trick, phew! Thats good to know re Braxton Hicks etc, I had those regular ones on Sunday evening, and then I had two more yesterday, so hopefully things are moving along nicely!

Yas - that is incredible weight gain - you're doing such an amazing job! All of those nappies that you said wouldn't fit him because he's got skinny legs soon will as he's going to have gorgeous chubby little pins in no time!!!

Costgang - are you getting excited?! :thumbup:

Doesn't a quiet baby sometimes mean they are getting ready to come out?! You never know.

Midwife appointment went well. Little Fishy is definitely head down.. phew. Once again she had a problem finding his heartbeat and told me he was a real wiggler and 'good luck after he's born'!! Tbh I kind of am expecting him to be a crazy as his Dad is so active and can't ever just sit still. I was hoping he'd take after his Mum and be a lazy slob!!

I've had a few more cramps today but still nothing like last night. Little Fishy is still not engaged but the mw isn't worried as they can engage in labour. The heavy feeling I've been getting down there could be him going in and out. She said the cramps and back ache, combined with the heavy feeling could be him getting ready to come out. I really hope so!

Having said all this, when I thought it could have been the start of things last night, I started to panic a little and thought oh no I don't want to do this, I'm not ready. I totally am but it worries me about how much I panicked. I hope when the real thing happens, I will be ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->