2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Claire, good to have you back. I know how it feels not to have the internet.

What is this ergonomic support that leaves you hands free? *intrigued*

Thanks hun :hugs:

This is what we have in blue.....https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tigex-Bath...f=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1282127972&sr=8-2 It just about fits in the baby bath....jac grew so quick we moved to the big bath with it after 2 months and used it in there till he was 5-6 months old.
i didnt pay this much for mine but mothercare and other stores sell the same concept now for cheaper. Well worth the money in my eyes...feels like an extra pair of hands :thumbup:

xx

Claire, good to have you back. I know how it feels not to have the internet.

What is this ergonomic support that leaves you hands free? *intrigued*

This is what we have in blue.....https://www.amazon.co.uk/Tigex-Bath...f=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&s=baby&qid=1282127972&sr=8-2 It just about fits in the baby bath....jac grew so quick we moved to the big bath with it after 2 months and used it in there till he was 5-6 months old.
i didnt pay this much for mine but mothercare and other stores sell the same concept now for cheaper. Well worth the money in my eyes...feels like an extra pair of hands :thumbup:

xx

We got this in white last asda baby event £5! Dylan loves it :thumbup:

You chatty lot hello! :flower: just looking through all your posts and links now - have heard good things about the tummy tub!

Really excited for arrival of your babies ladies. Oh and food in my hospital bag - I ate a lot of bananas before labour (wasn't allowed any in labour) :flower:

Just been to a bf support group it was fab :thumbup:

:hugs: everyone

Ladies could I ask a question to all you mums? What happens at your 38 week mw appointment? Do they discuss things like sweeps etc with you or is that only an option once you've gone past your EDD?

I didn't have one unfortunately - my midwife made mine for 39wks (which I never had) as I had a hospital app at 38wks but at the hospital ones they only ever took my BP / checked wee etc :dohh:

They did try to do the MRSA screening and check my bloods for iron levels but I'd already had that done earlier so if you've not had that done they may do that?

we didnt discuss sweep til 39wk appt but then we had gone over induction etc earlier and we had by this point said we wanted to wait and see, I was due a sweep the day Moglet was born :dohh:

We have never had support for the bath, in the baby bath he was never in it long enough and then in the big bath we has a seat once he could sit - the Aquapod from Mothercare in blue. Will be doing the same this time :thumbup: One bit of advice we heard from a friend with a sponge support is to make sure you regularly rinse it in the washing machine and hang it to dry outside as it can get VERY discoloured if you dont!

Glad to have you back Claire :hugs:

:hi: fellow Mummies and Mummies to be :happydance: Wonder who is next...?

we didnt discuss sweep til 39wk appt but then we had gone over induction etc earlier and we had by this point said we wanted to wait and see, I was due a sweep the day Moglet was born :dohh:

We have never had support for the bath, in the baby bath he was never in it long enough and then in the big bath we has a seat once he could sit - the Aquapod from Mothercare in blue. Will be doing the same this time :thumbup: One bit of advice we heard from a friend with a sponge support is to make sure you regularly rinse it in the washing machine and hang it to dry outside as it can get VERY discoloured if you dont!

Glad to have you back Claire :hugs:

:hi: fellow Mummies and Mummies to be :happydance: Wonder who is next...?

I also 2nd the aquapod :thumbup: Jac used oen after he outgrew the ergonomic support aT 5-6 months old till he was 13 months old or so..

xx

Hi everyone!

Ann - absolutely nothing different at my 38 week appointment, they just did the usual and then booked me in for a 40 week appointment, I guess then we'd talk about sweeps etc? I didn't have my usual midwife, so didn't really feel like I could ask as many questions.

Just had my last NCT, reality kicking in....!

not long now :happydance:

Boys in bed by 7.15 last night, Jack woke up at 10.15 to feed then slept til 3.30! He woke at 6am for splash and dash and is now sparko again inhis crib with OH snoring along too, Mogster having play in his room whilst I grab a :coffee: then :shower:

We are off to register Jack this morning too :thumbup: next stop passport and we can go wherever whenever :yipee:

Have a lovely day all :flower:

How exciting Moggy! Are you going to take a photo of you registering him?

Hadnt planned to and we didnt for Mogster so probably not, he will be asleep no doubt when we get there and Mogster will want to touch EVERYTHING in the office so one of us will be answering questions and the other chasiing him :dohh:

Jack seems to have woken up with a gunky eye, hes asleep again now but not sure if sticky eye or conjunctivitis, leaning towards sticky eye but guess we will have to hunt down MW/doc to check all ok just to be sure - sods law our MW is in Zante still and doc on hols this week :wacko: As we havent been discharged I guess we go back to the community MW's?

Claire/Sarah have you any experience of sticky eye? Mogster never had it but he had conjunctivitis when he was much older and it doesnt look as gunky as that IYKWIM :wacko: Gonna look agaiin when he wakes up, so far when spotted it we cleaned it with booby juice and have plenty cool boiled water around anyway so guess we use that to bathe it too. Just want to figure out which it is as conjunctivitis can be dangerous this young.....

Will keep you posted, hopefully nowt to worry about though

not long now :happydance:

Boys in bed by 7.15 last night, Jack woke up at 10.15 to feed then slept til 3.30! He woke at 6am for splash and dash and is now sparko again inhis crib with OH snoring along too, Mogster having play in his room whilst I grab a :coffee: then :shower:

We are off to register Jack this morning too :thumbup: next stop passport and we can go wherever whenever :yipee:

Have a lovely day all :flower:

Moggy whats your secret????????

Hope the eye clears up - would try docs if your mw is awol :hugs:

have docs appt 10 mins after due to register him :dohh: Im off to docs with Jack and OH taking Mogster to register Moglet...

Have fun registering Moggy! I felt all weird when I registered K, like he became "official" or something :rofl: oh and he had a sticky eye until last week or so, MW just kept telling me to clean it 3 times a day with cool boiled water. Didn't look nice and he was always rubbing it but it cleaned up overnight one day!

Moggy - Jac had conjunctivitis but he was about 10-11 months old...so not the same i dont think. I would just go to the docs like you said....he'll probably just advise the cool boiled water too....and probably come back if it doesnt clear within a few days....we did end up getting ointment to clear Jac's in the end though. Hope you get some sense out og them. Don't you and hubby have to register Jack? Both parents have to be present if you register both on birth certificate here :shrug:

Ann - When i was expecting Jac MW never mentioned a sweep in my 39 wek apptmt.....i presume she would have said she was doing one on the day at the next apptmt. :shrug: They're all different though....but i think they dont usually start doing them till you've past your due date and nearer 41 weeks :shrug:

Lydia - Reality is kicking in for me too....how the hell will i manage 2 children under 2 :wacko: especially when hubby is back in work...........luckily he'll have 4 weeks off with me though...one blessing lOL

Yas - Hi hun.....love K's fluffy bum pics on FB :cloud9:

All quiet here.....nothing exciting happening. Sort of wished things would start happening as i'm fedup of focusing on 'the' section date. Would prefer that my body would decide the time even though ill still have a section anyway iykwim

:hugs:to all

xxx

xx

Hi everyone!

Is it a week today Claire?! :happydance: How exciting!! Two under 2 - it'll be hard work of course, but just think how wonderfully close they will be growing up - they'll be best friends :cloud9:

I got a delivery of Petit Bateau clothes this morning - got them 70% on secret sales:thumbup:, although they took 3 weeks to arrive... I just can't wait to have a baby to put them in!! (Some cotton knitted trousers and a grey romper, as well as some knitted booties and some scratch mitts).

The longer this baby takes, the more I think I'm going to spend.... :blush: I bought a baby carrier on mothercare this morning (as well as 3 highchairs for the hotel), using that 20% off code - brilliant!:happydance:

I now have a downstairs loo back, but I now need to tackle the dining room, so had better crack on (although I had a bad headache that kept me up during the night, so I've got a bit of an excuse to not do too much:sleep:).

Enjoy registering Moggy - I hope his eye clears up quickly :hugs:

Lydia - Yep week today :happydance::happydance: exciting but scary :blush:
Talk about speding...im contuniously buying toys for Jac at the mo...dont know if i feel guilty knowing i wont be able to spend as much time with him as soon as #2 is here..:shrug:
Sounds like you have some great stuff for the LO :cloud9:
xx

Moglet has got some drops, it is most likely sticky eye but cos of his age they have taken swabs and given drops to be used every 2 hours, keep cleaning it before drops with BM or cool boiled water and it should clear up in couple days....

MW coming to do discharge on Monday, health visitor coming tomorrow, have filled in red book already to speed her visit along as she is so blah! At least we have time to expect them so not waiting in all day!

Claire - here, to register birth if the parents are married at the time of the babies birth either party can register baby as the info about Mum and baby comes from the hospital birth register direct to the register office. OH and Mogster went to do it and got lost cos the office has moved - they didnt listen when I told them where to and walked all the way to the old one despite parking where I suggested right next door to the new register office :dohh: Wouldnt be so bad but they specifically asked when we made appt to make sure we knew where to go :dohh: AND he said he knew where it was now! Men!!!! :grr:

Moglet is sleeping again, first lot of drops in and I felt like such a mean mummy prizing his eyes open to put drops in, fortunately he is too young to react too much.

Spending spree going on here too, not only for Moglet cos he needs some babygrows with inbuilt mitts in bigger sizes - got 11 next ones on ebay for £8 and £3 postage then when they arrived shed paid £5 postage and they were all pretty much brand new :happydance: but mostly for Mogster, he is suddenly having a major growth spurt so new tops and trousers needed here next thing wil be shoes, trainers, wellies....never ends - I love it :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->