2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

sounds good Lydia, pub garden :thumbup: training her early :)

For boobs at night the washable breastpads rock! 3 each boob in feeding vest and youre onto a winner! Avent washables are best IMO and 3 packs or 18 pads is plenty for not using washing machine everyday. Flannels in there are good too:wacko:

Sounds like you are both doing well, the feelings you describe sound normal for this time too, plenty fresh air and cuddles help :hugs:

:hi: everyone else, solo Moggy here, not killed em yet :haha: dreading tonight though as Jack having major growth spurt I think....ooh and we have poo here finally, all FIVE days worth at once :dohh:

Some of you mentioned before that you have bouncing chairs or similar for you little ones. Which ones do you have and what do you think of them?

Some of you mentioned before that you have bouncing chairs or similar for you little ones. Which ones do you have and what do you think of them?

We have an earlier version of this https://www.toysrus.co.uk/Babies-R-...d-Rockers/Hullabazoo-Rocker-with-Toys(0081772) without the hood, Jack lies it and the vibrate function sooths him and even the music seems to be a hit. Its this one https://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/le-petit-chien-rocker-chair

We also have a swing which he is starting to enjoy more as he gets more aware and alert https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chicco-Polly-Swing-Distraction/dp/B001U9KD66

Its worth looking on ebay for one as they can be bargains if theyre local to you and can collect as the covers come off for washing on most of them its just a case of finding one with the toys still on the toy bar but tbh we never really have to toy bar on the rocker :shrug:

Dont know if this is near you but its very cute! https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ZEBRA-BABY-B...ivities_SwingsBouncers_GL&hash=item4cf1b92db3

I love the cube Moggy!

The bouncer I got was this one https://www.mothercare.com/Chicco-D...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core

A bit of an indulgence but the vibrate function has been marvellous for sending him off if he is being stubborn when he's shattered and needs a nap. And it will sit right up for when he is a little older. I got it because it is pretty firm too, he was put in one at the BF support group I went too and was straight off to sleep, no puking (when he was puking HEAPS) so I intended to just get one like that (https://www.mothercare.com/Chicco-S...ing=UTF8&m=A2LBKNDJ2KZUGQ&n=42764041&mcb=core) but I just couldn't help myself when I saw the octopus and we had mothercare vouchers to use and had 20% discount code at the time too. :thumbup:

next purchase for us will be Jumperoo for him for christmas!

i gotjosh a jumperoo 4 xmaslast year,so soph can use that.

:hi: ladies

HV just been for another visit, shes happy with Dylan and his feeding and his progress etc, less so with me :dohh:

Brandished the edinburgh scale at me and said I am borderline, and wants me to speak to gp. She is coming back again after my 6wk (8wk) checkup.

I've always been this way though it's not got any worse since Dylan, I'm just an emo lol. Ho well!

Dylan was very cute actually smiling and laughing for them :cloud9:

This PM we have booby group which I think may be a (very) early halloween party, I could be imagining it - sounds crazy enough :haha:

Wonder if they'll have AD..........:haha: Hope ladies and babies are good? :flower: Have heard the tesco jumperoos are fairly impossible to get, have seen a few on netmums tho?

Hi Ladies....:flower:

So much ive missed.....:dohh:

Costgang/Ann - :hi:

Moggy - Glad you had a result on poo watch :haha: We have a jumperoo...Jac loved his...was gutted he outgrew it so quickly as he was a big boy. Will keep an eye out for you ...

Pip - I ahve 3 types of bouncer...:blush: Chicco swing which moggy has....this i got off ebay specially for Ana as i knew i needed backup with having 2 under 2...its been a godsend so far especially as i cant always entertain the cuddles as i have Jac to think of. I also have a M&P basic bouncer which was Jac's and she sleeps/stays in that until she gets wingy LOL.... i also have the fisher price newborn to toddler rocker in the kitchen .....Jac outgrew his bouncer so quickly and i needed one for him to stay upright after feeds due to spitups so got this one. All have been useful for different reasons. :shrug:

Lydia - Glad to hear youre ok...losing some ounces on first weigh in is totally normal hun ...i think most babies do:hugs:

Lia - Enjoy the halloween party :haha:

Yas - Lets hope you manage to get Gary to come round to having a sibling for K :thumbup:

Brig - Hi hun...hope you het this tounge tie sorted :hugs:
Ana is better after stopping the infacol and switching to Aptamil....not perfect but sooo much better. Last night was not so good as she woke up a fair few times with gripes...having a growth spurt so drinking more=more wind :dohh: Cough has nearly cleared up too :thumbup:
Hubby back in work tomorrow.....will i survive :blush: I sure will....Jac has come on leaps and bounds this week and feel like i can trust him more wih Ana now.....all he wants to do is kiss her and talk to her LOL.....wont leave him for long around her but i know i can get stuff done...if i can be bothered :haha:

Oh...selling my Pink Lining bag on ebay too.....found it too cumbersome with carrying stuff for 2 and with a double buggy. So getting a skip hop one instead.....have gone for the duo deluxe but not sure if its big enough. I might exchange it for the messenger one if its not...will see when it arrives:happydance:

We also need to move this thread if we're all happy....where we're we moving to :dohh:

xxx

Hi Ladies!!

I too have a jumperoo for P that was given to us...can't wait to start playing with toys!!!

Claire: Happy to hear Ana is on the mend!!!! P is still a little mucusy...maybe it would help if mom was a bit better with the snot sucker?? lol

Well it seems I have my quiet/happy baby for another day!! She slept great again. 12:15-5:15 and 6-9!!!:happydance: Now she's snoozing on mommy!:cloud9: We're finishing a treatment for yeast in her mouth today, plus better latch...plus cold is almost gone (those snot suckers take some getting used to huh?? :haha:) So any one of those things could have made her cranky??:shrug:

The weird thing is I couldn't even tell she had yeast in her mouth...no white patches? But because my nipples burned and were kinda pinkish white she prescribed cream for me and liquid for P's mouth. Seems to be helping?

Hope all the ladies are good!

xo

Yay Peyton! Thats great!

Glad Ana is feeling a bit better Claire!

Quick question - what are your babies wearing/sleeping under at night at the moment?

we currently have Jack in a 2.5tog sleeping bag with a short sleeved bodysuit and a long sleeved sleepsuit or romper - if it feels warmer we go footless aka romper and cooler we go feet aka sleepsuit

Yey for babies and mummies feeling better. Had my worst night in years last night with OH away and Jack on growth spurt feeding frenzy was up for 1.5hour stinits and only got about 3 hours all night despite going to bed early :dohh: OH home now and just getting Dominos for dinner :blush: Tonight cannot be worse than last night so Grand Designs then bed :hugs:

Hope you get some kip moggy :hugs:

I am off to bed myself :rofl: DH has some ebm for Dyls next feed so I can get a head start on the snooze :thumbup:

Aww Moggy, you poor thing, I really hope you have a better night tonight. Thanks for info on sleepwear, when did you start putting Jack in a sleeping bag? I think the ones I've bought say for 2 months on, can you get ones that start earlier? We have been swaddling, but she tends to prefer her arms free.

Enjoy your early night Lia!!

I'm willing J to wake up so that I can feed, she's been asleep for over 4 hours now and my right boob is veeeery sore!!

MrsMils, they recommend to wait a bit before putting them in a sleeping bag although I think this is due to the fact that their head might be too small and could fit through the opening. We have a Grobag that S fitted in from the start, it is a 0-6 months one. Only problem is he is not too keen on being that enclosed in it. :dohh:

How much is the Jumperoo in Tesco and why is it so good if you don't mind me asking? I hadn't even heard of it before. :blush:

Oh and thanks for the link for the cube, Moggy. Love it and will definitely get one for S. :thumbup:

£60 instead of £90 gives little one a place to play when they can hold their head, frees Mummy up to do things around the house!

MrsM - sleeping bag rule is they should be 8lb and the bag shoudl fit them so they can slip inside the head/shoulders. They should still be paced foot to feet in the cot but you dont have to worry about them kicking covers off and it makes night feeds easier - you can feed in the bag! I have a M&P bag that Jack has already outgrown, its a 0-3 size which they no longer sell, youre welcome to it just let me know your address and will post :)

Off to bed so night ladies :hugs:

i got mine off ebay for £40 last year, the man only lived 5 min up the road and he delivered it

morning all. quick one hand typed post. we're already up as we have a mw appointment at 10 for weighing and his last dose of vitamin k.

just a question: i have told my work about s being born before his due date, so they can start paying me smp earlier than expected. but they are askin me for a matb1 form. :wacko: i already gave them that back in may when i informed them of my intention to go on mat leave. was this wrong? should i have given it to them now that s is born?

any help would be much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->