2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

morning all. quick one hand typed post. we're already up as we have a mw appointment at 10 for weighing and his last dose of vitamin k.

just a question: i have told my work about s being born before his due date, so they can start paying me smp earlier than expected. but they are askin me for a matb1 form. :wacko: i already gave them that back in may when i informed them of my intention to go on mat leave. was this wrong? should i have given it to them now that s is born?

any help would be much appreciated.

matb1 was for notice of leave as far as i was aware? would have thought birth cert might be more use to them??:hugs:

https://www.dwp.gov.uk/publications...statutory-maternity-pay-smp/premature-births/

Pip Im guessing theyre being lazy and hoping you kept a copy so they dont have to find theirs! If you were on mat leave it should be straight forward - Mogster was 5 weeks early and had no issues with pay as was already on mat leave - finished friday waters broke sunday :dohh: MrsM might know?

If you were on mat leave it should be straight forward - Mogster was 5 weeks early and had no issues with pay as was already on mat leave - finished friday waters broke sunday :dohh: MrsM might know?

I wasn't on mat leave then. Mat leave was supposed to start 02.09., but due to S being a bit early now starts the day after his birth (25.08.).

I suppose brith certificate would make sense. Do you have to give them a copy of your birth certificate? Does anyone know?

If your baby is born before your MPP has started but after the qualifying week
You must, if reasonably practicable, inform your employer of the birth within 3 weeks. You will then receive the SMP due to you but the pay period will now start on the day following the day your baby is born and will last for up to 39 weeks.

Let them take copy

Moggy, on that link you gave me it sounds to me that you only have to give them a copy of the birth certificate if LO is born before or during the qualifying week as long as you give the required notice of 3 weeks (which I have done). :shrug:

Just back from the MW. Got S weighed and she couldn't believe that he is only being breastfed.

Birth: 7lbs 110oz
1 wk: 7lbs 15oz
2 wks: 8lbs 14oz
4 wks: 10lbs 11oz :shock: :happydance:

That would be my take on it too as S was far enough cooked :thumbup:

Go booby juice, makes you feel so proud I bet, I know it does me :cloud9: By his 6 week check J had only gained 3lb so S is doing amazing!

Hi Claire! How is Ana doing, any better?

Pip, I'd agree with you on that. And yay to S's weight gain, thats amazing!

Moggy, that is so kind of you to offer, but DH really wants to keep going with what we've been doing, I guess I can't argue as it is working, She goes most nights only waking up to feed once! (She types while frantically touching wood!).

I hope everyone is well and all babies are happy!:flower:

J is 10 days now and her cord stump is still attached, is this unusual?:shrug:

Jacks dropped off at 20days, Mogsters went at 6 days :wacko: Guess late ones are quite attached to them?

Good news here, do you remember me telling you about a friend who found out their IVF failed about the same time we were due to announce we were expecting Jack? Well she is preggers again and has a lovely scan pic to show for it, shes due April :happydance:

Yay - thats awesome!!!

Bits of the stump are coming off, so hopefully it won't be too long, I'm scared of catching it!

J and I are surviving our first day on our own so far!!! I was so scared when DH left this morning, 12 hours away....

Good news here, do you remember me telling you about a friend who found out their IVF failed about the same time we were due to announce we were expecting Jack? Well she is preggers again and has a lovely scan pic to show for it, shes due April :happydance:

That is fantastic!!!!!!!!!!! :happydance:

That's great news. :thumbup:

J is 10 days now and her cord stump is still attached, is this unusual?:shrug:

The biggest part (the one with the clamp attached) of S's cord came of two days after he was born. :shock: I rang the MW as I was a bit concerned about it falling off so early. But there was still some cord left, which came off about two weeks after his birth.

Lydia - Ana is so much better now. Still get brief bouts of griping pains here and there but nothing we can deal with :thumbup:
I wouldnt be concered about the cord stump...all are different depnding on child, how wehre they clamped it i think. Jacs came off at 7 days and Ana at 5 days :shrug:

Moggy - Great news about your friend :happydance::happydance:

Pip - Happy 1 month old to S :hugs:

Ana is also a month old today....time is flying by already...

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->