2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

For boobs at night the washable breastpads rock! 3 each boob in feeding vest and youre onto a winner! Avent washables are best IMO and 3 packs or 18 pads is plenty for not using washing machine everyday. Flannels in there are good too:wacko:

I am having such a hard time finding these. :growlmad: Sold out in all my local Mothercare stores and on the Mothercare website. None on Kiddicare either. Don't want to pay over the odds from somewhere else either though.

Morning all,

It's quite in here. I suppose everyone is busy with their LO's. :baby:

I rang my GP today about our 6 week check-up and it turns out they don't do it until 8 weeks. Anyone else have an 8 week check-up instead of 6 weeks?

Morning all,

It's quite in here. I suppose everyone is busy with their LO's. :baby:

I rang my GP today about our 6 week check-up and it turns out they don't do it until 8 weeks. Anyone else have an 8 week check-up instead of 6 weeks?

Me - they tie it in with first jabs here. Though not having them today as D has a cold - he is just snotty and snoozy :cry:

I am lurking, we had hubbys birthday @ weekend so only managed to read :thumbup:

:hi: all!

:hi: P&F,

Sorry to hear D isn't feeling well. Hope he feels better soon.

Yes, they do the jabs at the same time here too.

:hi: P&F,

Sorry to hear D isn't feeling well. Hope he feels better soon.

Yes, they do the jabs at the same time here too.

He is sleeping it off bless him.

Hoping I can reschedule jabs for when OH is free..........:haha:

I already asked OH if he will take the day off when he gets his first jabs...'cause I think I might cry if there's just S and me. I was already close to tears when he had his heel prick. :blush:

Aww - I made DH go when he had his bloods taken - glad I had as it was awful as they couldn't get any, luckily DH had hold of him as I was in floods.

Think the jabs will be quick at least - then lots of cuddles :hugs:

jabs are quick and one in each thigh, bubs will cry but if you can get out and sit down for quick feed bubs will perk up in no time - recommend wearing trousers that are loose to pull up down so you can get em up/down easy for the jab then escape! The cry isnt long it will be a cross/pained yell then over - some babies dont even cry! Mogster did :hugs: Believe me it is more traumatic for us than them!

Dylan is waking up to feed at normal times, but other than that is sleeping / dozing........is that ok / normal with his snuffles? He doesnt have a temp....

they sleep to give the body a chance to recuperate - so long as he feeds normally and pees/poops as normal he is fine. If he gets a temp it may be worth seeing the doc. Try putting books/blocks under the head end of his cot to raise his head as it drains the grot making it easier for him to breathe - get a Karvol plug-in :thumbup:

Hi everyone! Pip - our is at 8 weeks too. Midwife told me today that I can call at 4 weeks and ask to be signed off to drive without being seen if I'm feeling fine - yay! There is no way I'm waiting until 8 weeks!

Sorry to hear D isn't feeling well, I hope he improves soon.

J is having a growth spurt at the moment according to mw, that would explain the feeding every 2 hours last night, until then it had been every 4 or 5! Doesn't explain why she suddenly takes ages to settle at night, but I think that had to happen at some point, we were being far to smug about all of our sleep!! She's put lots of weight on this week, now at 9lbs7.5!

I hope everyone else and their babies are doing well.

Ann - how are you feeling hun? I hope you're getting lots of love and support from DH and the HV.

Went to see the doctor today for the contraception. Have been prescribed Cerazette too.

Doctor checked S over and asked since we were already there if I wanted him to get his 6-8 week check now. So she went ahead, all appears to be fine with our little sunshine. :thumbup: Will still get him measured etc when we go for his jabs.

MrsMils, you might want to change your ticker and signature when you get a chance. ;)

Mogster has moved into the big bed....his little junior bed is now waiting for Jack to grow into it :wacko:

Hi Ladies!!

Just a quick hello from me!!

Peyton is also feeling better from her cold. Bought a Hydrasense aspirator...it's wonderful!! Don't know if you have this is the UK...but if so its great for sniffles/snot!

I'm very excited that my girly now smiles real smiles!! She has changed so much...such a little character! She also now enjoys her bath (except for head washing). Also, I LOVE dressing her...she's started fitting in 0-3 months so her wardrobe is expanding!! lol

I still miss sleep though...even though P is a pretty good sleeper (3-5 hours depending on the night) I long for an uninterupted 8 hours. lol

So what kind of things are you doing with you LO?? I'm running out of ideas. We go for walks, I show her colourful baby books, baby rocker chair, swing, play mat. She only likes these things for short whiles though. Other than that....when she sleeps I catch up on tv shows. The fall lineup shows have started again...and it's the first year I am watching a show on each night! lol everything from desperate housewives to grey's anatomy! lol The life of a mommy!

xo

:hi: everyone,

Just a quick one while S is snoozing...and making his wee noises.

Yay for Mogster moving into his big bed now. :thumbup: S has been sleeping in his cotbed for the last three nights - how exciting!

MamaBird, glad P is feeling better. As for doing things with the LO: pretty much what you said and lots of cuddles.

We have also got smiles here and sometimes we even get big laughing type smiles. :cloud9:

I have a breastfeeding question: Recently S started to fight me (not violently :winkwink:) and wriggle a lot when BF him. He then loses the breast and we have to latch on again. How long do your BF's last? Is it all in one continious go or are there interruptions? I usually have to pause to wind him inbetween anyway. But with all he wriggling and throwing his head from one side to the other, I am sometimes not sure how much milk he is actually getting. :shrug:

We are doing similar activities to you Brig, Jack also gets to accompany Mogster to football, tumbletots etc and we have done a few mums n tots and playgroups. Next week Mogster starts nursery class every morning so Jack and I will start some thngs for just he and I and after christmas he starts clap and sing. Not sure how things will go once the move preparations kick in but it would be good to find out exactly where we are going first!

First night in the big bed went well, unfortunately whereas Jack has been sleeping from bedtime at 7-7.30 until about 2.30am last night Mogster woke him at 22.30! We were up again at 2.30 and then again at 5.30! I gave in and got up at 6 :dohh:

Never mind been a good day so far so fingers crossed there will be folks on here to share about their days too :shrug: Pip am getting around to going to PO it has just been so wet here havent fancied the walk there and we have ventured out only for TTs and bread! FX'd tomorrow might be a little drier....:shrug:

Hope you are all well and babies doing good? Have all those with colds cleared them now? Brig that thing you mention we call a "snot-sucker"! :haha:

I have a breastfeeding question: Recently S started to fight me (not violently :winkwink:) and wriggle a lot when BF him. He then loses the breast and we have to latch on again. How long do your BF's last? Is it all in one continious go or are there interruptions? I usually have to pause to wind him inbetween anyway. But with all he wriggling and throwing his head from one side to the other, I am sometimes not sure how much milk he is actually getting. :shrug:

The fighting is due to the speed of the flow not being to his liking or to wind. If he fights take him off and wind him, he will squeal like a squeaky pig if he wants his boob back!

Jack takes anything from 5-10minutes up to 30 minutes for a feed, depends how lazy/hungry he is!

So long as he gets plenty wet nappies and seems himself and puts on weight and gets at least one longer sleep each 24hours then he is getting what he needs! I think it is babies way of showing who is the boss:winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->