2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Hi Ladies!:wave:

Lots going on today! :) Everyone is so chatty this evening! I LIKE it!!

MrsMils! I would take the leave and not look back! lol It is early...but it sounds like you have it all figured out so if it works than go for it! I wish I could be off that early! lol

Ann I'm meeting with my MW on tuesday! I can't wait! I'm pretty sure I have been feeling Bean so I want her to listen in and see if she can hear movements and such! But it still makes me nervous...always the little "what if" at the back of my mind. I would be gutted...especially at this point if something went wrong with my Bean.

You ladies are so well organized...DH and I are nowhere near having a proper list of baby names :-( He wants to wait unitl we know the sex...but I want a list of both girl and boy names before so I can but them in the baby's memory book. So if we have a boy...year's from now he can look back and see what his name would have been if he was a girl and vice versa.

Anyway, I'm kinda tired...energy isn't all the way back so I'm going to grab a snack and then relax on the couch!

Goodnight
xo

hi guys, how u all doing? moggy, congrats on blue, ive got my scan on the 19th april, its ages away, 2 weeks today i go back to work, i am sooo not looking forward to it, still only gotta do 6 weeks,thats 18 shifts til, i can have all my holiday and leave again, i cant wait.still got my flu altough not as bad, but i put it on a bit when oh comes home:haha:

with mogster I left at 35 weeks, finished the friday and my waters broke on the sunday....not an issue this time as at the end of my mat leave i was offered a five year career break :wohoo: got til mogster is 6 before have to go back and by then they will both be in school or nursery :happydance:

Ladies I wonder if I can get some advise. So Monday and Tuesday I was feeling the butterflies in my tummy. I've been getting them pretty regularly which has been brilliant. Last night, however, I woke up in a lot of pain. All down my left side. It came in waves every 30 seconds or so and I actually thought I was going in to premature labour. My dh is abroad so I was thinking in my head how I was going to a. get to hospital and b. tell him what has happened. Anyway, after only 15-30 mins it just went. This morning I can feel where it was yesterday as my muscles are all hurting. My MW said it was ligament pain as things are obviously still stretching etc.

Sooooo.... this morning I called in to work to say I'm not coming in and then had a lovely bath. During the bath I noticed I could see my heart beat through my tummy, so I just lay there watching it and then... I saw a kick!!! and another!! I know it's really early but I don't know what else it could be. Any ideas?? It was in-between my heartbeats and I saw my tummy push out in a small area below my naval. Needless to say I cried!! Not only is all ok but Fishy is letting me know he/she is ok!!! ANDDDD... my dh is on his way home from Germany!! Happy happy days

:thumbup: Fishy is a little swimmer!

Get a wheatpack to help with the ligament pain - hate to say it but if it was labour you would know!!!!

The bath is a fab place to see cos you end up completely relaxed and you are all supported by the water. Must be preggo emotions but made me smile and :cry: but happy tears.

When do we see Fishy again?

:hugs:

Thanks Moggy! We get to see Fishy and his/her gender two weeks today!! Go Fishy! x

Oh and Moggy, last night I was thinking 'this really hurts! If this is what it feels like I don't think I will cope!!' lol.. my dh is now home and just said 'I'm sorry but I think labour hurts sweetheart'!! Oh dear. x

You will be amazed how you do cope, with Mogster I had just an hour of Gas and Air and did fine, others I know have been anti drugs and really suffered, I think if you go in there ready to take the midwives advice and go ewith the flow you will surprise yourself. Also helps to have OH there going through it with you and standing up for you. My big thing was I didnt want a room full of students! OH said NO when they asked if two students could come in to watch and learn cos he was a preemy, I know they have to learn but it didnt feel right so he said no, if he hadnt been there they probably would have come in cos I wouldnt have had the wherewithall to say no cos was focused on having a baby!

You will be fine, Fishy is a lil swimmer so she knows how to get out when shes ready :thumbup:

Thanks Moggy, that is really sweet! I hope that's how it'll go. My dh is amazing and I know he will do all he can for me on the big day. How premature was Mogster if you don't mind me asking? x

a month and a day early! He was fine though, we stayed in 5 days so he could learn to feed properly then came home, he has never looked back :thumbup:

I hope it isn't a fish when it comes out. That would be worrying! lol x

Moggy!! Congrats on the blue!! So many blue bumps for 2010!!

Ann, I can't believe you saw Fishy move! that's amazing!!! I'm so happy for you!! Hope you have a good day off!

I'm still struggling to feel the flutters here and there, but I here that's pretty normal at 16w6d. Oh well...I just have to keep waiting!

xo

I know, I can't believe how early I'm feeling and seeing the kicks. Fishy's Dad is very active and never sits still so maybe Fishy is going to take after him! x

Costgang - Hope your flu finally goes soon for you :hugs:

F&C - How cool was that seeing you belly move. I didnt feel or see outside movements with Jac till 25 weeks...so jealous. I dont know why but i alsi think girl for you too :shrug:

Mamabird - I'm also not feeling that much either....i felt so much more when expecting Jac at this stage....so my expectations have been shot especially as people say you feel more alot sooner with the 2nd LOL But ive had a lot more flutters last night and today so i hope they're finally going to be a bit more regular. Either way it will come..

I finished work at 35 weeks last time too....took 2.5 weeks holiday and then strated leave. Plan on doing the same this time but i think i'll be just over 35 weeks this time. Believe me the rest at home before having the baby ius great....dont belive people who tell you they we're bored and all that. One problem...this time i will ahve a little muchkin too look after too so i'm guessing it'll be harder work than actually being in work :haha:

I agree with Moggy with regards to labour and pain relief. Don't set your heart on a certain labour...you might end up disapointed. My waters went at 39w 4d....havin very mild and regular contractions but nothing happened. Ended up being induced with a drip....nothing kicked in for 9-10 hours and and then all of a sudden i was having contractions straight after each other....so in 3.5 hours i had gas and air...then diamorphine and then an epidural. And was then sent for a csection as my time was up as my waters had gone over 48 hours before and i was still nowhere near giving birth. After my waters going i didnt envisage having this as my labour experience...but hey...i dont care as long as Jac got here safe.

I'm not trying to scare anybody by the way.....just highlight that things dont always (maybe never) go to plan.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->