2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Check out ebay for debranded mothercare maternity bras - bout £2.99 plus £1.25 P&P they are the older pattern mothercare bras but the only difference is a square cut out line rather than a semi-circular line.

Will have a think bout smaller travel system that will become a double too - how heavy can it be? Also what boot is it fitting in? Do you want to be able to leave it completely set up to collapse or are you happy removing wheels etc?

If you didnt want a double, babystyle oyster pushes like a dream!

Hey ......

Ann- Prams are soooooo complicated......if i went back a few years and bought my first pram again knowing what i know now i would have gone for something like the Britax b-dual i'm getting now or one of the Icandys. Both can be converted to a double.
So your first question is.....how soon after no1 you are going to be trying/have no2.... if it's fairly soon you need to get something you can convert into a double. But choices are limited....especially if you have a small boot.
When it comes to travel systems (double or single) also think about if the pram folds as a unit or you have to remove the seat unit to put in the boot...would that bug you once baby is out of infant carrier.
Once you can answer these we can move on to the next questions.... :haha:

I agree with Moggy if you want a single... i also like the Baby style oyster - it folds as one piece too and is compact when folded.

We will find you a pram :thumbup:

xx

Thanks hun :hugs:
Only 7 sleeps till scan :happydance::happydance:

Who/when are the scans this week...i need a fix :haha:

You and the moggys ok?

xxxx

Moggy - Forgot to mention.....Yep Jac is 1 yrs old 3 weeks on thursday ...i cant belive how quick its gone. I love the fact he has his own personality now but cant beileve how fast he's growing up. Scary really........
Not going to spend too much as he has enough toys he doesnt play with :haha:....but i think i'll get this from ELC as he always wants to stand and do stuff now... what do you think (i hope to get the brithday 20% off vouvher in time!)

https://www.elc.co.uk/toy/bs-activity-table/

xxx

Pip listed them on previous page for me, Jetters, F&C and MrsM - boy/girl/yellow I think :thumbup:

Had another buggy question come to mind...what terrain do you travel on and once baby is big enough will you want to switch to a stroller for day to day use in which case paying a lot for a travel system that you then dont use a lot as just the pushchair could be costly....especially if you have to buy the carrycot/carseat as extras

I'm sooooo excited about my scan today! am going to get the sonographer to tell me the sex, just to be SUPER certain lol!

Thanks for the tip on ebay for cheap bras! My boobs are going up sizes monthly- from a B to a E already! Ouch on the breasticles and ouch on the wallet!!

My friend sold me for £100 LOADS of baby stuff yesterday... a cot and changing table from Mama's and Papa's (that cost them £500 and they only used them both for a year), 8 boxes of clothes up to age 1 mostly designer, highchair, steriliser, toys... lucky me :D

play table looks good :thumbup:

How about garden toys?

How bout a trike? We started with a smart trike then traded it in for a kettler trike for when he was bigger. Mogster has this one and we love it...

https://www.toy-barn.co.uk/shop/cart.php?target=product&product_id=660 didnt pay that much though, more like half!!!

First trike was this one https://www.smythstoys.com/trikes--tractors/smart-trike-basic-plus-g02557pd.aspx but this looks quite good too, depends how much Jac needs the support round his middle IYKWIM https://www.smythstoys.com/trikes--tractors/smart-trike-basic-plus-g02557pd.aspx

We manage to ditch the buggy a lot in the warmer months cos Mogster just loves to go on his trike! He even carries a small amount of shopping in his bucket boot!

sounds good Jetters, your little man is gonna be well catered for with all that :thumbup:

Yasmin - Good luck with the scan hun :hugs: Hope he's still a boy......LOL

Moggy - I like the look (+price LOL) of the 2nd trike. But we have 2nd hand one we we're given but jac was confused with it when he was still using the jumperoo so haven't used it since (he tried to bounce on it)....its one that converts from a rocker to a trike i think....
We only have a smallish backyard so we are limited on outside space too :shrug:

xx

Yowwch at boob growth Yas - but at least with the bargain you got you can spend the money you saved on new bra! :haha:

My friends have just left - have so enjoyed having them here. My driving lesson went really well too - and just have an appointment this affy to take some more blood then booooooooo back to work tomorrow!!!!!

At weekend we also bought our bathroom ready for the extension moving on, I can't wait to see it! Hope you all had a good Easter!!! :hugs:

How bout a sand and water table, they only need a small space and he can stand up and lean on it too, often see them on netmums here or they go fairly cheaply on ebay cos hard thing to post.

Just seen a link to another ubggy, a europa? Never heard of them but looks like aussie version of P&T - anyone heard of them or know owt about em? Its a single that can be a double too...

Whats the bathroom like? What colour walls/tiles?

Not heard of the buggy - though I do have buggy brain and probably would struggle to remember one from another at the mo :haha:

Bathroom suite is all ordered - having a separate shower cubicle and bath, bliss! And a lovely big sink unit with drawers and stuff :thumbup: Only thing we've not bought is the tiles :haha: thinking of a sandy sort of colour something like this https://www.wickes.co.uk/Palma-Ceramic-Wall-Tile/invt/206962 but have no idea what floor tiles...they all seem to show really really dark floor tiles with sandyish wall tiles but I don't know if I like really dark floor tiles....:shrug:

Good luck Jetters!

Wow so much to think about with prams. Umm.. I guess we wont try for a 2nd kiddie until Fishy is at least 1-2 years old so maybe a double isn't important? We have a Ford Focus so the boot isn't super tiny but then again it's not massive. We both would like a pram that folds intact and also want the baby to be facing us.

How much is the icandy peach Lydia?

Thanks ladies, I really appreciate your help.

Only one more sleep until we find out if you ladies are right about Fishy being a girl!! xxx

Scan went GREAT, Bean is finally on track size wise, and my placenta has moved up into a safe position. He is definitely a boy and everything looks perfect. Couldn't get good views of his heart chambers though so got another fetal cardio scan in two weeks :) which is fine by me cos I loooove the scans lol!

Pic later! xxx

Your baby is obviously a poser Yasmin :haha: just wants to keep showing his lovely self off to you :hugs: glad it went well and looking forward to seeing your little man again!

Am so jealous you get to see him again so soon!

Moglet is taking dance lessons at the moment :dance: am shattered as a result!

Was having a peruse through the prams etc again and the Icandy range is funky but seems costly, also the one that converts to a double is very heavy! If you like the pram but arent sure if you need a double them maybe the Oyster is the way to go for you, lightweight and folds intact, also front/rear facing - Id be very jealous though cos it wasnt around when we picked our travel system, saying that I love the loola still.

Lurking for pics so will pop back later...:hugs:

Ooh thanks, will have a look at that one now. Do you know how much they cost?

Moggy - I'm torn what to get him now.. :dohh:...
We have 3 choices
1-it's either the activity table which i originally thought,
2-the sand and water table which i like the ELC one but not sure if Jac is too young for it and will eat all the sand, as well as will we get enough warm weather here in sunny north wales for it.:haha:
3 - The trike you showed....the one we have is a bit rubbish and doesnt have the pedals so it wont last long and is already looks small for Jac as his feet hang over the foot rest :dohh:
What do you think... :wacko:

Lia - Your bathroom will be lovely...we did ours and finished it when i found i was pregnant with Jac...we have the travertine stone tiles which look similar to the colour of yours but ours are shaped like bricks up to half way up the room. I love our bathroom now...and there's notrhing better than a free standing shower especially late on in pregnancy..climbing into a bath aint no fun :haha:

Ann - Sonds like a double isnt a priority really. We have a Golf GTI and my quinny fit in the boot no problems so your boot maybe bigger than you think. I love the icandys but i dont know if the peach folds as an unit as i think one of the types has to have the seat removed. What about the Baby Style Oyster.....if you dont want a double it seems to fit your needs....and cheaper than the icandy.....but icandy is sooooo nice....
https://www.preciouslittleone.com/product-information/20/6736/babystyle-oyster-stroller---pearl/
Good luck with the scan :thumbup:

Yasmin - Glad all went ok hun...lucky you getting to see him again :cloud9:

xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back