2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

hey everyone, im feeling much better,thanks, except this niggling cough, i get it worst at night and because is still in our room, i keep waking him up, we are thinking about putting him in with ben soon, cant remember who asked,but i ttok 2 bags in when i went in to have josh. I got my scan on the 19th, woohoo. work on weds:cry:

I had a bag for me and one for little man...would recommend having a list at home of back up things in case you need to stay in for any reason - eg establishing feeding, time of day baby is born etc that way OH will be calmer when he has to fetch it or alternatively you can get another person to get it.

Would also recommend putting in some bathroom wipes and a treat for when OH has to go away - my treat last time was maltesers :thumbup: cheered me up a little when he had to go home that first night and it was just me and Mogster and the other mums and babies. Ooh and flip flops too for walking to and from the shower!

Hello :flower:

Moggy-Aww...gutted about the car...that's what insurance is there for though hun :hugs: I found a slightly cheaper dash..but it's black graffiti...£429...go right to the bottom of the page for the one with a cocoon.
https://www.pramworld.co.uk/product/4864/Phil_and_Teds_Dash_Graffiti_with_Double_Kit_PVC_Black

Piperette - I only took 1 decent sized bag with Jac...which had his stuff and mine in it. I plan on the same again. Depends on the hospital...they can be really fussy about taking too much stuff if you have nowhere to put it.
I ended up being in for 5 nights in total....so hubby would bring stuff for me...and take dirty washing home on a daily basis. He even went to matalan for me to get extra cheap nighties :thumbup: So dont overly worry about the bag....family can help out if you need stuff. Oh...and like moggy i also put treats in the bag in case i got hungry!

Costgang - Glad you feel better hun :hugs:

Lydia - Make sure you have plenty of rest :hugs:

xxxx

Piperette - Forgot to mention in my last reply...you are right about the sick during pregnancy. They can only force early maternity leave due to sickness from 4 weeks before due date...no sooner :thumbup:

xx

Finally getting over my cold/infec tion.....at last. So feel good today for the 1st time in a week. Pity its back to work tomorrow.....one blessing though...its a very short work week :thumbup:

You ok hun?

xxx

Glad you're feeling better.

I'm not bad, hun, thanks. But the same as you not really looking forward to returning to work tomorrow. :nope:

OMG Jac is nearly 1! Wow!!

Thanks for all the Dash deals :hugs: currently waiting on John Lewis offering a price match...love Kiddicare but when we move we would have to pay £30 if ever anything went wrong with the buggy just to get it back to them for repair or replace so if JL will price match them or babybaby then we can get bargain and the JL aftercare :thumbup: Hoping they will do it but not convinced cos about £125 price diff :blush: Unfortunately Mothercare dont sell the Dash else would ask them :shrug:

Did everyone have a good easter?

We went and saw family, shame about the car but over it now as my Dad managed to fix a bit so doesnt look so glaring. Still v annoyed at the ones who did it :gun: what possesses some folks to do stuff like that is beyond me :nope: Anyway on the plus side we picked up our ebay bargain carrycot and have now washed the covers and rewadded the mattress and it is good as new and smelling of fabric softener - Comfort Pure is lovely :loopy:

Who is next to find the flavour? We need more baby pics I think...:baby:

The next scans are Jetters tomorrow (but she already knows), then F&C and MrsMils on Wednesday althought I don't know if they will be finding out.

No swimming this week due to Bank Holiday, so next Monday.

Yep! We'll be finding out! So excited. Thanks again for your help with the bra Pip. I think I'm just going to buy a standard non-wired job in the hope I'll grow a bit when my milk comes in. x

Claire do you mind if I take you up on your offer of pram advice? And if any other of you mum's wouldn't mind? I have no idea where to even start. x

Hi everyone!

Pip - no, not finding out, I keep getting tempted (mainly so that I can shop!) but I really think I'd like to keep it a surprise. DH is worrying that he'll accidentally see something, I keep trying to explain how unlikely that is!

Still feeling very rubbishy:growlmad:, I went for a walk on the beach with friends this morning and then had to go back to bed at about midday and have been in and out since. Hoping I'll feel better tomorrow as its DH's and my first day off together for about three weeks so I'd like to be able to enjoy it.

F&C, I can't wait to find out what you're having - I think we may have our first girl in B&Fs!!! What time is your scan? Mine is at 10am I think, but I've got to go straight to work afterwards, so won't be on here until Thursday probably.

Jetters - looking forward to a pic!!

How is everyone else today?

MrsMils, sorry you are feeling a bit under the weather. Fingers crossed you will be feeling better tomorrow.

And my prediction for F&C: Girl. :)

What sort of pram info are you after hon? Ask away and will help if I can :thumbup: Have you had thoughts about the most important thing about it to you eg travel system, being able to have baby face you, longevity of use, ability to use as a double etc? We have had 7 prams in our time and Im sure the other Mums have had a few too so bet we can find you the perfect pram for you! :hugs:

MrsM - we spotted the sex ourselves on the scan, either it was a boy or Moglet has three legs! Sonographer confirmed he was a boy so now worries about finding tritrousers - phew :rofl:

All so exciting, cant wait for more news...

Oohh maybe!! I can't wait to find out. Mine is at 1.30pm and then straight back home to let everyone know!!

Moggy, I guess a travel system is important to us, also it needs to fit in to a fairly small boot. My sister mentioned maybe getting one that could be adapted for two?? Not too sure if that is possible. Thanks hun. x

Oh goodness Moggy, I had thought that there was no way we'd see anything!! Whoops! Fingers crossed the baby keeps its legs together then!!

F&C - we're thinking about an iCandy Peach, that can be converted to a double as and when. I definitely want one where the baby faces the person pushing (I also like the fact thats its very pretty in my opinion!!).

Check out ebay for debranded mothercare maternity bras - bout £2.99 plus £1.25 P&P they are the older pattern mothercare bras but the only difference is a square cut out line rather than a semi-circular line.

Will have a think bout smaller travel system that will become a double too - how heavy can it be? Also what boot is it fitting in? Do you want to be able to leave it completely set up to collapse or are you happy removing wheels etc?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->