2010 Bumps & Flushes & Dimples

Hmmm, how about grandparents/aunts/uncles?

I would go for trike personally as no matter what the weather little boys will always have fun on a trike being pushed around...maybe ask relatives for activity table and then keep eye on ebay/netmums for sand/water table.

For what it is worth we use ours more with water and washing up liquid so there are loads of bubbles for Mogster to play with. Moglet is gonna end up with all stuff Mogster has had first but we are hanging on to it ready for him to grow into!

Found another similar trike but without the safety bar, instead it has a harness, depends how stable Jac would be...https://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-9830.aspx opens up the possibility of triek and table tho...?

Saw this too...https://direct.tesco.com/q/R.100-1059.aspx

Ann - was just having a random google of maternity bra's - agent provocateur have some that start at 32B, and I believe they come up quite small (I was once treated to a set, good DH!!). So if you fancy treating yourself to something expensive, have a look!

Moggy - Ive seen the cheaper trike and am contemplating that one.. Jac is stable enough but will he stay there and not try to climb out is another thing. Will see if i can find some reviews on it. I actually fancy the one you showed me first...as i cant find it cheaper either. An option is for us to buy the trike or table and any money he is likely to get can go towards the other one. I like the table you suggested too...but he has musical toys and he ges bored too quickly with them so i think its a no no. Thanks for all your help. The sand/water pit i will keep an eye out for a 2nd hand one i think......otherwise i'll get it fo him next year. When did mogster start with the sand/water table?

xx

Evening ladies,

Just a quick one from me tonight as I can't sleep. :nope:

Yasmin, congrats on your scan going well.

F&C and MrsMils, good luck for tomorrow and don't keep up waiting for too long.

F&C, the pram that we have absolutely fallen in love with is the iCandy Cherry. It is similar to the Apple, but a lot lighter. I couldn't believe how light it is and how easy it is to push. It also collapses easily and fits into our very small boot. It does not convert to a double. It is a bit pricey compared to other prams (luckily my parents offered to pay for the whole system), but cheaper than the other iCandy's. If you live near a John Lewis, go and have a look and play with them. We fell in love with it online and were smitten when we got to try it in the shop.

Everyone else :hi:

Im fairly sure the cheaper trike sdoes have a harness but the cage thing gives them the extra confidence...think Mogster started with the water table bout 18 months so maybe bit early for Jac...have you tried ebaying "Berchet" or "Clairbois" theyre the companies that make ELC and Mothercare toys etc so you sometimes see their version of the trikes or tables etc on ebay. Given a choice I would say trike over the table, especially as he will be able to play with the table when little bro/sis is here, this is his only summer of solodom IYKWIM so you will be able to go out for walks and mini picnics with him in it, or sdrive to the big park and ride around a bit and feed the ducks! Mogster loved his first trike and loves the bigger one he has now, going out minus the buggy but without having to walk all the way makes him feel like a big boy!

Pip - saw the Cherry nd looks lovely, quite similar to the Oyster too so either would get my vote :thumbup:

Just noticed Pip, how did you stay awake to midnight???

Thanks Claire might suggest the brick-style thing to DH and see what he thinks - he wants to tile the bath (around the bath) so might work well like that.

Def looking forward to a separate shower. I like my baths as well but yes struggling having to clamber in now :haha:

Moggy - Im edging towards the trike too....but the one you found in smyths was the cheaper one i found of that kind and the bugger has gone up today...and the one in argos which had a canopy has gone up too :growlmad:

Lia - If i get the chance tonight i'll take some pics so you can see how it looks...you might not even like it LOL

xx

Hi everyone! Quick note before I head off to work, just got back from the scan and all is well :cloud9:, everything looks good, the baby wouldn't keep still and kept doing somersaults (sp?) so I had to have the bed tilted right back (feet in air) to try and get it into the right position for some measurements. Managed to restrain ourselves and not find out the sex, but seeing as DH looked very hard and couldn't see anything, we both still think its a girl (I'm just going on gut instinct!).

Anyway, hope everyone is having a good day. I'll try and post a picture tomorrow, although the lady didn't give us a very good one, last time we got to pick which picture we wanted and this time its not as clear.

Claire have been doing a bit of research and it seems that so long as the trike has the safety harness and you are happy with your childs stability in terms of sitting many of the trikes are suitable from 12 months eg this one: https://www.johnlewis.com/230646841/Product.aspx I know it goes over the price again but have been having a play on ebay to see what can come up with - where exactly are you? Many are inexpensive if you will collect so was thinking maybe a search within 25 miles of your postcode for trike parent handle may come up trumps?

Alternatively have you thought about a berchet bubble car? We got a second hand one from some friends who had had it for their 2 children first, it was mucky but cleaned up okay

Just got a call from John Lewis too and they are price matching the Dash package to kiddicares price :wohoo: means it is £20 more than the other website but it means we get the JL aftercare :thumbup: Im a bit excited:loopy: :yipee:

Hope everyone else is having a fab day too - off to dance quietly round the front room as Mogster is snoozing upstairs

Will catch up properly and post pics in a minute but..... IT'S A BOY!!!

I'm so excited!!! The front page is starting to look very colourful!! Congrats again Ann on the Blue Bump!! :)
So who is next for a scan now? Mine is in 9 days...and counting!! haha!!
Can't wait to see your scan pics of Fishy!!

xo

Thanks Claire - have seen some black and white bathrooms with brickish style tyles at the bottom though I was put off by the colours!

F&C congratulations hooray for another blue bump!

Moggy that is great news about John Lewis I would never have even thought to do that????

And MrsMils glad the scan went well - have funny images of trying to lie in a way that keeps bubs still :haha:

Off to the cinema tonight to see Remember Me (Robert Pattison yum yum) and looking forward to a nice night with my friend!:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->