2012 TTC chat

Oh!! Arrgghh...time difference eh. Thinking of you right now, got everything crossed x x x

Hello ladies.
sunshine-how did the scan go??i can believe u r 8wks already..let us know how it goes n good luck.Just a question...u used to go for blood tes to check if u OV'd,on what cycle day did u used to go?

smiler-keep ur hopes up,cycle not over yet.,the best part is u r starting ur meds..HSG coming up then :bfp:!
am actually thinking of HSG b4 i start IVF process.

I went for the scan tday,n it said i hve 22mm n 19mm cysts but the can also be follicles coz i dint hv them a few days ago.going back tmoro for another scan,if they've reached 25mm am gona hv HCG injection which will help rupture them n FX'd maybe one will meet :spermy: otherwise am gona DTD

Sunshine...dying to know how it went. You okay?

Mmleo really hope these are good follicles developing and not cysts...will they give you the HCG tomorrow after your scan if everything looks ok? Fingers crossed!! Would you need to have an HSG if you're going for IVF, since the egg will be fertilized outside your body? Or is it standard procedure?

If my temp drops again tomorrow then think I am out. Temp usually starts to fall a day or two before AF so will be a fairly good indicator I think.

Ok girls the baby was 8 weeks 1 day heartbeat was 160. I was put on progesterone supplements for the spotting. Hope it all goes ok! I got my progesterone checked on cd 23

Phew! So pleased everything was ok, hopefully the progesterone will do the trick and you can get on with enjoying your pregnancy x x

Agghh my insurance won't cover it and its too expensive :( I'm waiting to see if there is anything else the dr can call in

good to know that everything is fine with a baby sunshine..n progesterone will help u big time,i've bn on those to lengthen my cycles.so happy for ur results!!xx

Agghh my insurance won't cover it and its too expensive :( I'm waiting to see if there is anything else the dr can call in

Oh no, why isn't it covered? How much does progesterone cost?? What about progesterone cream...have seen it online and it's not too expensive. Best check with your doc though x x

It was $250 but I got some pills instead and they were much cheaper. The side effects suck but its worth it :) is it safe to take during pregnancy it says on my bottle not to??

$250!!! For how many pills? Well if your doc says it's what you need then I guess it's ok but strange it says not to on the bottle. I have had conversations with other ladies with PCOS about progesterone and some were told that they absolutely should be on progesterone for the first 12 weeks of their pregnancies. I know this isn't why you're taking it but I would've thought if it was ok for those ladies to take it then it would be for you too. Also my friend who took clomid was given progesterone suppositories when she fell pg for the first 12 weeks also, so it's strange your bottle says no! Maybe just double check with your doc to give you peace of mind? x

I have PCOS too so maybe this will help :)

i think it;snt advisable to take it if everything was fine bt in this case it is to stop the bleeding.smiler is right,just check with the dr again.did u google the med?

I did. Alot of girls took it during pregnancy but they warn you on the FDA website not to because it could be associated with birth defects.... agghhh this is making me crazy. Surely the dr wouldn't prescribe me something that would hurt the baby

I did. Alot of girls took it during pregnancy but they warn you on the FDA website not to because it could be associated with birth defects.... agghhh this is making me crazy. Surely the dr wouldn't prescribe me something that would hurt the baby

everything will be ok :hugs: sunshine.dr will not give u something dangerous.it is only until u 12wks i'd think.

Yeah I take it until 12 weeks that's right :) I can quit the Metformin at 12 weeks also

Did you speak to your doc again? It's so frustrating when there is so much conflicting advice out there isn't it...I had a quick look and saw plenty of women who took it til 12 weeks and reckoned the risks were small. Also depends on the dose you are taking apparently? Just have a chat with your doc if you haven't already, no point in you worrying unnecessarily :hugs:

Yeah I'm on 200 mg a day. I called but she's not in the office until Friday :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->