2012 TTC chat

oh yeah...hve u showed ur dr the HSG results smiler??and r u on a break now?or next month to avoid Xmas babies?
sunshine and VMAG-i cant believe how fast days r going by...1st trimester almost gone!Stay blessed ladies.

Thanks :) I am ready to be done with the first trimester so I will feel Alittle safer. My next appt is Feb 8th

sunshine,VMAG-U will def feel less stressed after the 1st trimester,soon after that he/she will start kicking which always lets u know that everything is fine..

HSG done tday(all clear:happydance: but some foreign bodies on the right ovary which is the result of the surgery i had in sept),refused to take any medication as i was terrified of sleeping,it hurt but not to the point that i'd want to cry,as soon as they finished that was it,no more pain...most def different from last time i did it..it hurt alot then.When i got home 2hrs later my pad was full of EWCM(sorry tmi),.did that happen to u ladies?also was spotting a bit(again that didnt happen last time).

Ah Sunshine you are so close to the 2nd tri, hang on in there! Has the spotting stayed away? Have you worked out when you can go on maternity leave from work ;)

Mmleo haven't seen the doc yet but as I was having the HSG done I could see the screen myself so I know with my own eyes all is ok and can tell them myself :) I'm on CD 16 today so I might ov in the next 10 days....if we catch it that would be fab!!! But if not yeah we will break til about May. It'll give me time to see if the metformin helps with ovulation at least. How are things with you, did you change the date of your HSG?

Ah Sunshine you are so close to the 2nd tri, hang on in there! Has the spotting stayed away? Have you worked out when you can go on maternity leave from work ;)

Mmleo haven't seen the doc yet but as I was having the HSG done I could see the screen myself so I know with my own eyes all is ok and can tell them myself :) I'm on CD 16 today so I might ov in the next 10 days....if we catch it that would be fab!!! But if not yeah we will break til about May. It'll give me time to see if the metformin helps with ovulation at least. How are things with you, did you change the date of your HSG?

Argh don't know why my last post appears twice! Sorry! And Mmleo your post wasn't up when I replied - must've been typing at the same time :)

Yay that your HSG was all clear!! :happydance: Such a relief isn't it. I wasn't even given the option of being put to sleep, how mean :) I had ewcm - type stuff too but I think it was a combo of the dye and the cold gel they put on me at the very start. I bled immediately after but it stopped v. quickly but think it is normal for it to happen for a day or two after.

So what's the next step for you Mmleo, have you got to go and chat to the IVF doc?

i hate injections,it wasnt really putting me to sleep,but i had no one with me...had to drive myself after..and u never know how u'll react to some meds..this time they didnt use dye,they used other clear liquid(maybe saline water),but i read somewhere that the catheter they insert in breaks some the EWCM in the cervix.But last month it also came on cd8 just like this time only this was much more than.The next step is going to my IVF dr for my 1st appt in 2wks coz i hve to go with some blood results(i hve to do this on cd20-cd21),i'd hv bn already bt we r seeing a dr in the neighboring country.,

Hmm that is weird about HSG causing EWCM but I guess it sounds normal if you read it can happen. Maybe that's what I experienced but put it down to the gunk they used :shrug: Strange you got it CD 8 last cycle though...maybe you had a random oestrogen surge that caused it?

Had my appt today, SOOOOOOOOO annoyed. 4th appt, 4th different doc. I would love to just talk to one person who knows me and my case. This guy told me I have nothing to worry about and did not want to give me any help AT ALL :growlmad: He was a nice enough guy but was frustrating having to explain to him that I have PCOS and we only have 5 or 6 chances per year to conceive. He told me I have been pg twice therefore am not 'sub fertile' and it will happen in time, if we have some nice dinners and a few glasses of wine! Arrgghh! I kept my cool but really had to push for some help. The last time I was there, the other doc was like yeah you can have metformin, no problem! And if it doesn't work, sure you can have clomid! This guy - nope!

He agreed to give it to me in the end after talking to another doctor but I came out so annoyed. Hearing different things every time you go is maddening!

Annywwwaayyy...calm down!! Mmleo howcome you're seeing someone in the next country, are they better?

Calming down a bit! Still annoyed after my appointment yesterday but nevermind. Actually sat down with DH and a calendar last night and was like, ok we need to have sex here, here and here!! So unromantic haha :) But we're away this weekend then I'm away for a couple of days so go to squeeze it in whenever we can...that's if I even ov this cycle, still worried the HSG will stop it.

How are you Sunshine? Did you sort things out with your boss yet? How long til your next scan? How are your pg symptoms, you feeling ok?

Smiler, are you trying this month? My next scan won't be until 18-20 weeks :( I am scheduled for an appt on Feb 8th. Hopefully I can make my appt for the scan then.

You don't get a 12 week scan? Why not? Here you get a scan at 12 and 20 weeks. What happens on the 8th then, just a general check up?

Yeah we are going to give it a shot this month. We sat down with the calendar last night it was so romantic haha :rofl: Just we have got a busy couple of weeks ahead with family visits, birthdays etc so we've plotted with precision when we are going to dtd! I'm on CD 19 today. Hope to ov around CD 25 like last cycle but you know what it's like having PCOS...still pretty bummed he wouldn't give me metformin, I was really hoping to try it :(

Here they do a scan at 8 weeks to confirm pregnancy and find the heartbeat and then one at 20 to determine gender and make sure the baby is healthy. I don't know why they don't do one at 12 weeks. My appt Wed will just be pee in a cup, blood pressure, weight, listen to the heartbeat and that's about it. Next appt will be at 16 weeks and I will do all the same stuff plus some blood work to check for down syndrome, spina bifida, and neural defects. I am hoping she will go ahead and let me schedule my gender scan while I am there on Wed though. I can't believe he wouldn't let you do the metformin :( I would order it offline from a pharmacy and take it. It helps so much with PCOS

That thought did cross my mind! I looked it up but it is really expensive...it would be nice if they at least tested me for insulin resistance. It's so annoying they're basing their decision just on what I look like, not on medical fact if you see what I mean.

Ah ok so you get two scans too...I thought you meant the only scan they give you is at 20 weeks, that would be so hard to wait! At least you get checked up regularly that's good. So you are going to find out the gender? Did you find out with your son? Exciting :)

I did :) I found out he was a boy at 18w4d. I think this one may be a boy also :)

Ohhh!i totally understand how u feel,why do u hve to talk to different docs each time?can u not request for the one u saw last time?i'd order it on line if possible..was this one a man?he probably doesnt get it..
i think i got it on day 8 coz my cycle are getting shorter n i think i OV earlier than cd14,btween cd 12-13 i think.We hve to got to another country(only one hr flight)coz there is only one fertility clinic in the here n he kind takes advantage coz he has no competition..plus my dr recommends the one we r going to c.

Ohhh!i totally understand how u feel,why do u hve to talk to different docs each time?can u not request for the one u saw last time?i'd order it on line if possible..was this one a man?he probably doesnt get it..
i think i got it on day 8 coz my cycle are getting shorter n i think i OV earlier than cd14,btween cd 12-13 i think.We hve to got to another country(only one hr flight)coz there is only one fertility clinic in the here n he kind takes advantage coz he has no competition..plus my dr recommends the one we r going to c.

You have to fly Mmleo wow!! He has got it made if he is the best fertility doc for miles around eh! That makes sense re ewcm then, to me day 8 is nooottthing! I'm excited if I see any ewcm on about day 20 :)

Nah I can't request to see the same doc, you just get an appointment at the gynae clinic which is held every Weds. You turn up, and you see whoever is there. They record everything of course, but you're totally right about the male docs being less understanding. My 2 best appointments were with female doctors :)

What makes you think you're having another boy Sunshine? How can you tell?

my dr says he is so good,he looks after you until u r 10wks,calls n checks how things r doing..that he is a better person too.the one here is good too but he is all abt the money..
it is EWCM coz it is still the same since cd8.It is just anoying when it is this much n nothing happens...it gives me nothing to complain abt.I hear u abt how unromantic our live hv turned out...i've decided,i dont tell DH exactly when we sh'd bd/when am OV'ing,it is just not fun.He realizes on his own eventually and by then w'v bd like 3 times in a row..sounds selfish i know..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->