• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

2014 March Rainbows

My induction is booked for a week on Monday, and I have almost 100% confidence I'm not going to go any earlier. I'd be shocked to go into labour naturally in the next week!

Kind of wish people would stop jumping the queue, though ;)

Good luck with your induction, hope it goes smoothly for you

Congrats honeyprayer! :yipee: So happy you finally got your rainbow! Wow you were early! I feel like I really need to get packing and ready! How was delivery?

Tricia173- March 1, 2014, Boy! Arrived Feb 25th! :blue:
Twinmummy06 - March 5th 2014, SURPRISE! BOY Arrived Feb 19th :blue:
Patch2006uk - March 10, 2014, SURPRISE!
CountryMomma - March 11, 2014 GIRL
Amytrisha - March 12, 2014 BOY
Mummy2O - March 14, 2014 GIRL
honeyprayer - March 19, 2014 GIRL Arrived Feb 28th :pink:
Staysea - March 20, 2014 BOY
Beachchica - March 28, 2014 GIRL

I had to be induced because her stomach was measuring small. But delivery went well and she's perfectly healthy and we both got to come home last night! It's amazing to look at her :)

Patch good luck on Monday. But can I ask something? Are you getting induced or having your waters broken? I had an appointment with my consultant who said she can't induce me due to having a c-section so just checking this is the case for you also.

Also so not been keep up with this thread. Congrats to all the mummies who have had their babies.

The plan is Foley catheter, waters broken, low dose drip if needed. It's an induction, but a slightly gentler one due to previous c-section. Having your waters broken would still be an induction method if you weren't already labouring. There are certainly cases where induction is safer than either waiting for labour or a repeat c-section, and there are guidelines for how best to deal with women in these positions. Induction certainly ups the rate of needing another c-section, but I'd personally rather try an induction and have a chance of not having surgery, rather than elect for a c-section and have a 100% chance of surgery.

Your doctor is sort of right, in that it's safer not to induce following a c-section. The biggest thing is to avoid certain chemicals-prostaglandin isn't a great idea, and pessaries are considered less safe than the drip, as you can't turn them off. It's not true that she 'can't' induce you, but she may well not want to.

Thanks for the information Patch. My consultant isn't that nice, but being at a big hospital they change every time I go in so I probably won't ever see her again. Got my sweep today though which I'm looking forward to. I'm having issues with walking and I'm getting to the point she needs to come out as I hate being more or less bed bound :( I was hoping for a VBAC so that's what my current goal still is, so I'm glad I still have options out there.

Good luck on induction, it will soon be here.

Has anyone else had their babies? I am excited to hear about those Healthy babies!

A few ladies due this week, hoping we have some new additions by now!

AFM - Nothing going on here. Last week the baby was measuring 7 lbs 5 oz so she's getting big! They have me scheduled for an induction on my due date if I don't have her by then - due to my age etc.

Baby Alexander James was born March 11th at 9.52pm. It wasn't a gentle induction in the end-I had catheter, arm and then the highest dose synto they can give (anyone, not just vbac). It took 2 days in the end, but Alex's trace was perfect throughout and he coped with everything we threw at him. So relieved he's here safe and well :D still can't really believe it all happened and he's really here!

Baby Alexander James was born March 11th at 9.52pm. It wasn't a gentle induction in the end-I had catheter, arm and then the highest dose synto they can give (anyone, not just vbac). It took 2 days in the end, but Alex's trace was perfect throughout and he coped with everything we threw at him. So relieved he's here safe and well :D still can't really believe it all happened and he's really here!

Congrats on your sweet baby boy:) glad he made it here safely! How big was he?

8lbs on the dot :)

ETA: here's our birth story
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/b...revious-fullterm-stillbirth.html#post31997129

Congrats Patch & honeyprayer!!

I'm still here, sweep next week then we'll book induction for the week after.

Good luck ladies x

Erika Alice arrived on her due date 14/3 weighing 5lbs 15oz. If you want her birth story you can read it here. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/1908073-march-2014-monkeys-please-join-if-youre-due-march-2014-a-681.html

Erika Alice arrived on her due date 14/3 weighing 5lbs 15oz. If you want her birth story you can read it here. https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/pregnancy-groups/1908073-march-2014-monkeys-please-join-if-youre-due-march-2014-a-681.html

Congrats! I couldn't find the story on that link

Hi girls! Sorry for the delay, it's been crazy!

Congrats to all the new moms and welcome to the new additions!!! :happydance:

Isabela Jaymes arrived 1 week early on March 21st, 7 lbs 3 oz.
After my regular appointment on the 20th my doctor decided to move up my induction and have me go to the hospital that night!!! :wacko:

Delivery was terrible.... I think they called it a "traumatic vaginal birth". About 24 hours of labor... 2 hours of pushing... And had trouble getting her out. They tried the suction cup a couple times (unsuccessfully) - which felt terrible when that thing popped off!!! Finally had to use the forecepts. It was awful but the doctor really didn't want me to have to go through a c-section. Thankfully she did not end up with any marks or bruising! I did also have some tearing and really swollen and bruised down there. It's getting better every day.

Anyway, all worth it to see our little angels face. DH and I can't get enough of her... Some very unproductive days just staring at her. It's just amazing and makes all the MC's and everything I've been through soooooo worth it! Here's a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs