2014 May Rainbows

Sorry everyone for not updating but it had been a really rough couple of days!!! I had really hard contractions for 3 days straight non stop but I wasn't dilating so my doctors didn't want to do anything even though I wasn't sleeping and was in so much pain. Finally on Monday night my waters broke and when I was checked the baby had a bowel movement inside. I then also found out I had a pretty bad infection that was in my placenta and at that point I couldn't get an epidural until I had 2 bags of iv antibiotics and after 3 days of never ending contractions I just wanted to get the epidural so I could rest before pushing. Well finally after receiving 2 bags of two different antibiotics I was allowed to get the epidural and was able to rest for a little while before they gave me meds to increase contractions. After a few hours we started to push and 1/2 hour later Arya Rose was born but not doing great because of the bowel movement she had and the infection that was in the placenta. So they rushed her off to the nursery and the doctor couldn't get my bleeding under control so I was sent off in a hurry to the OR. Scary to say the least. Once I got out of the OR my husband and my parents told me that Arya was doing much better but still needs to stay in the nursery getting oxygen and antibiotics. As long as she continues to get better she can stay here but if anything comes up they will be sending her to a neonatal place. I am doing a lot better too. I will post pictures her once i can!

Darlin- glad to hear you're adjusting. Fingers crossed you start getting more sleep soon!!

Schultzie- CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Sorry to hear it was so rough :/. Glad you're ok and baby is getting better. Will be thinking of you :)

AFM OB today was great. Baby is still head down but not dropped. Because of the GD my OB wants to induce me via the gel next Tuesday at my appointment!!! So excited :). I will be 39 weeks but he doesn't want me going past my due date which falls on the holiday Monday :). So Tuesday we will get the ball rolling! So hoping for baby either late Tuesday or early Wednesday :). Almost a week early :)

Congrats schultzie!! Glad all is ok in the end. All sounds very scary. It makes me want my baby out even more now!! Did u have any signs of infection?? Xx

Sunny at this rate you will have your baby before me!! I'm well jel lol!! Just want to meet my little lady now xxx

Nats- how late do they let you go there? Here it depends on your doctor/ midwife but usually a week, sometimes if all is well 2 but not usually that long :). Hang in there!!!

Normally it's between 10-14 days over but will find out for definite this afternoon when I see my midwife. Feel terrible today!!
My muscles are so sore and achy it's an effort to lift my arms and legs!! Anyone else had that? Is it normal? Xx

Good luck Nats!!! I've heard some women get the crazy energy boost and some have the opposite before labour... Fingers crossed!!

Hey ladies... So with the upcoming arrival of our son, I'm doubting I'll be on here much. So if anyone wishes to friend me on Facebook that is where I'll mostly be. I also have Instagram but don't update very often... Send me a pm and I'll reply with my name for friending purposes :)

Congratulations, schultzie! Sounds like your birth story was quite the ordeal. I'm surprised they let things carry on as long as they did once they realized there was an issue. I hope your DD is able to stay in your hospital and can come join you quickly.

Sunny - wow, your little one is going to be here soon! I bet it is relieving to know there is an end in sight.

nats - hope this is the beginning for you.

Well it's almost 4 am I'm wide awake and can't sleep!! I have period type pains and earlier (sorry if tmi) I had a bit of a runny tummy!! Could this be it???
I really don't know, but am hoping so! Will keep u all updated of course xxxx

I certainly hope so! Sometimes it is hard to tell if it's early labour or just BH but I think with early labour the pains become relentless and slowly build. I had it for 3 days before DS arrived. The contractions weren't always regular in time or intensity but they never completely went away and I just felt this downward pressure. They felt so different from my usual BH. The night before DS was born I suddenly became very hyper. Not nesty, just hyper. I was so silly and bouncy. It was strange.

Will be stalking for updates! :)

CONGRATS SCHULTZIE!!!!!

Period cramps is EXACTLY how my contractions started. FX'd!

Nothing!!!! Still here!!! Still getting period cramps but not developing into anything else. A few Braxton hicks but nothing regular so I guess it's back to the waiting game!!! Sooooo tired would b happy with just a nites sleep at the moment! Xx

Nats I had that a couple of days last week. Dr said it can take a while but definitely means things are starting!!! Fingers crossed :)

The past two weeks I also wake up at 4 am. Weird. A good night means I'm back to sleep before 5. A bad night means I don't get back to sleep. I figure it's our baddies preparing us :)

ah man, I'm going to be all alone waiting for my baby soon. Just sitting here, twiddling my thumbs and waiting for the end of the month. My BH have been picking up lately but they're so obviously fake contractions I can never get excited. DH also refuses to let me do anything to induce labour. He thinks it's bad and that baby will come when she's ready. Doesn't matter how much I plead or say that she's full term and will be fine should she come. *sighs*

Starry my DH is the same.... Even though doc is inducing, DH doesn't want me doing anything! Lol. He still worries if I push on my belly too hard (lean on something or jiggle baby).

Had a huge melt down this morning....ugh... Feeling moody & teary all day... And now SUPER tired. I made lasagna for the freezer yesterday, it was amazing (also had some for dinner). I had 4 dinner for two servings and one single serving for the freezer. I asked DH to put it in the deep freeze in the basement before coming to bed (it was still warm and I was getting in the shower and gong to bed). Well he was busy (freelance work) and forgot. When I saw it all sitting on the counter this morning I simply burst into tears, cried for 20 mins, it was so frustrating,! I'm not angry with him, I actually feel bad, because he felt so awful :(. But now every little thing has sent me to tears today. Think I may actually take a nap right now.... Can hardly keep my eyes open! Poor DH tested today offering to remake the lasagna while he's off for baby next week. (After we come home). So sweet. Lol

Any who... It's almost the end!

I miss naps :( lol

I had had horrible baby blues for like a wk after this pregnancy once we came home. At about the same time each night I'd just burst into tears. It was horrible!

Darlin- I've had a few people warm me about that. Our prenatal nurse said two weeks after can be rough

Sorry I haven't been on much. Arya did get moved to children's nicu. She is doing OK but she does have a bad infection. Sucks that our first times together have to be in a hospital. Good luck to those who are still waiting.

Sorry to hear that, schultzie. Is she still in the same building as you though? I cried when my son had to be moved to the nicu but he was just around the corner and the walk gave me good practice to regain my strength after my section. I hope she gets better soon. I would be tempted to complain to the hospital about letting you go so long after they discovered meconium in the fluids.

Sunny - that sucks about the lasagna. I've had to toss many meals because DH would take it out and then leave it on the counter. He has no appreciation for food safety but then, my MiL doesn't either. She will leave meat out on the counter all night and think it's safe because she covered it with a tea towel. It's been hard retraining him (my SiL lives close to our inlaws and she's been trying to retrain our MiL to no avail). ha ha I hope the teary days pass.

Darlin - sorry to hear you're having the baby blues. I hope they don't last much longer. Is there anyone nearby who can watch the boys so you can have an hour to yourself?

One of the blessings of BFing not working for us with DS was we were able to leave him with a sitter at a young age. He was 2 weeks old and left him with my mom so we could see a movie. I found it really helped with the baby blues to get away for 3 hours. By the end of the movie I was so anxious to see him again. I did eventually get post partum depression which lasted nearly a year but it wasn't severe. I routinely struggle with depression so do have some coping mechanisms in place.

afm - last night I dreamed that I had my baby but I couldn't remember a thing about the birth and the doctor refused to tell me whether I had my vbac or ended up with a section. He would just say "baby is here so what does it matter". Grrr!!! And then I dreamed I couldn't BF again. She was doing what DS did and refuse to nurse. I'd latch her on and then she'd pull away. And I kept dropping her. It was such a stressful dream!

Schultzie that sucks :(. Hopefully she recovers quickly and can be by your side ASAP.

Darlin how are feeling today? I can't imagine how overwhelming it can be having two LO home alone this quickly after delivery.... Pregnancy hormones are terrible!

Starry I'm hoping LO will take bum from a bottle by 4 weeks so I can have a few hours once a week.... Either DH or one of our mothers can watch LO so I can get back to being me. :) I feel it's important to not loose myself once baby arrives.

AFM much better mood today but haven't slept well 3 nights in a row now. Feeling it today :/ good thing other than a visit with a new friend (local mom) this morning I've not had anything I had to do today. Just made shepherds pie for dinner/ freezer it was a nice simple dinner to prep. :).

DH is more concerned about food safety than I am (I have my food handlers course, so I know the temps, times, etc). So that's not an issue. I was just so disappointed that all the effort (not to mention cost) was wasted. DH did offer to make it again sometime while he's home.... Very sweet. And he does a lot around the house, so I'm pretty lucky :)

We are getting our car seat inspected tomorrow, otherwise if have nothing planned between now & baby on Tuesday :). A few small sewing projects I'd like too do, but nothing urgent... Got some menus written to help keep organized in the beginning... I cleaned the main floor today, one day before baby I'll do the rest of the house but that's it :).

So excited to be ready!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->