2014 May Rainbows

No solution sunny but I'm exactly the same!! I'm exhausted because of it xx

What is it about 4am? I wake up then all the time too. It takes me hours to fall asleep. I usually fall back asleep around 7 just in time to be woken up by DS at 8. Though it's 5:40 now and I'm starting to feel sleepy again.

So nervous for today! I had bit of a scare last night. It turned out to be my IBS but for awhile it really felt like there was something pushing heavily against my cervix. I was so, so scared. I did pass loads of clear cm afterwards so I'm guessing if things were bad in there that I would have lost it. Maybe that can give me some hope that I didn't.

I fell back to sleep around 6. Up at 7 for a 10 hour work day. Not cool body. Now I have a headache to boot. Ugh. I tried reading when I woke up but my eyes are so tired I can't keep them open!! But no sleep :(. So frustrating!!

Starry fingers crossed it was just the IBS and you'll hear that beautiful sound today :)

We actually haven't heard ours either. We've had so many scans they just show it to us. See the doctor next Monday and hopefully she will get out the Doppler and it will be the first time hearing it.

We heard the heart beat today! In celebration I bought a new pair of maternity jeans. I am not actually totally happy with them but I found out our Old Navy does sell maternity and they were having a sale. Plus I had a coupon for an additional 40% off so I ended up getting them for $17. At that price I would take almost anything. But we time our trips to the city so poorly I always come to Old Navy at the end of a jeans' sale so everything is so picked over. I'm still going to have to get a pair that fit properly. They're still comfortable but don't look the most flattering.

We heard the heart beat today! In celebration I bought a new pair of maternity jeans. I am not actually totally happy with them but I found out our Old Navy does sell maternity and they were having a sale. Plus I had a coupon for an additional 40% off so I ended up getting them for $17. At that price I would take almost anything. But we time our trips to the city so poorly I always come to Old Navy at the end of a jeans' sale so everything is so picked over. I'm still going to have to get a pair that fit properly. They're still comfortable but don't look the most flattering.

Yay starry! :bunny: That is amazing! SO happy for you :hugs:

I have sleep problems too. I go to bed and then I am up at like 3-430 to pee and then DH wakes up at 530ish for work and then wakes me up to tell me goodbye. Sometimes i fall back to sleep quick and others not so quick. Then DS is up by 8am sometimes earlier.

Starry- great news! I hope you can start to relax now.

Starry that is fantastic news!!!! Congratulations :happydance:

How exciting buying maternity clothes ;). I've yet to wear the ones I bought Saturday..... Holding off as long as possible.

As for sleeping, I'm around 4 every night (and usually have to pee). About 50% of the time I'm back to sleep within half an hour... The other 50% I'm up for an hour or more... But tired. I've tried reading and what not but my eyes won't stay open.... Weird.... Hoping to sleep better tonight. We also had a wicked wind storm last night so that could have played a role in keeping me awake.....

I have to wear maternity already. The other night I had a friend over she said, "I'm sorry, but you're really starting to show. I hope that doesn't upset you". And it doesn't. I was in maternity wear by 14 weeks with DS. I also had a growth spurt this weekend. Yesterday, I was able to wear my nice, red coat to church. Today, I went to button it up and I couldn't get past the second button. And this was in the morning when I am the least bloated! It fit the day before!!! I can still wear most of my sweaters but my shirts and zip-up hoodies are getting snug.

The only reason I'm not needing to wear maternity yet is because last time I bought 3 pairs of pants 2 sizes too big. They are comfy cords with no buttons or zippers. These are now getting snug. I'm guessing another week and they will no longer fit :/

A girl at work yesterday said my belly was starting to 'round out' lol. Guess I'm starting to show. Most of my jackets don't fit but it was the bust that got too tight! Lol

Slept better last night.... How'd the rest of you sleep?

Yay starry!! Fantastic news!! So happy for you xxxx

Yay Starry, so happy for you!

Question: Does anyone else ache a lot after sex and the big O? We DTD last night and I am just so achey. It does not help that I have been achey for the last 2 days and I attribute that to growing. My friend said it is Braxton hicks... uhhh can they start this early? I thought they were painless... so that would make them not the achey feeling? I feel my uterus tighten sometimes, but I never thought they could start this early. It is stressing me out. I just want this little one to be healthy, happy, growing, and safe in there. This momma is getting stressed out. And being emotional does not help my worries. :cry:

I ache tons after sex! My vagina hurts, my hips hurt and it's hard to walk, my belly gets sore. Totally normal. It happened with DS too. Yu can have bh this early. I've had them since like 6wks. I mentioned it to the doctor and she said it was totally normal and each pregnancy is diff and esp if you've had one already. We dtd the other day and I complained the rest of the weekend. DH just laughed at me said he must've done a good job then :dohh:

I ache tons after sex! My vagina hurts, my hips hurt and it's hard to walk, my belly gets sore. Totally normal. It happened with DS too. Yu can have bh this early. I've had them since like 6wks. I mentioned it to the doctor and she said it was totally normal and each pregnancy is diff and esp if you've had one already. We dtd the other day and I complained the rest of the weekend. DH just laughed at me said he must've done a good job then :dohh:

Thank you so much! I just am a little emotional so I worry about everything. My vag hurts and then my lower belly just aches too. How often do you have BH? Just trying to understand what is normal, etc. hahaha men.

I drank a TON of water like 1L already this morning and my aches went away... so I think I am not drinking enough water or something.

I get them pretty often if I am up being active. Just going shopping or cleaning the house can bring them on. I got them really bad with DS too. You can try eating bananas too. Sometimes the potassium in them will help muscle aches.

I get them pretty often if I am up being active. Just going shopping or cleaning the house can bring them on. I got them really bad with DS too. You can try eating bananas too. Sometimes the potassium in them will help muscle aches.

So Braxton Hicks are okay? lol... I totally should know this... and YES I know the answer for other people, but for some reason, when I am the patient, I panic and think the worst. My past losses have really ruined my rational thinking. I used to be so calm and collected. Trying to come back to that somehow through this pregnancy... it is not working so far :growlmad:

I feel like I have noticed them, like when I am carrying laundry, etc, I just get a little tighter. They do not hurt though. My aching must be something different... just the stretching/growing pains I presume.

Unless you are able to time them don't worry about them is what I was told. If they get too uncomfortable lay on your side and drink some water while you rest :)

Unless you are able to time them don't worry about them is what I was told. If they get too uncomfortable lay on your side and drink some water while you rest :)

Thank you so much!

Yay Starry, so happy for you!

Question: Does anyone else ache a lot after sex and the big O? We DTD last night and I am just so achey. It does not help that I have been achey for the last 2 days and I attribute that to growing. My friend said it is Braxton hicks... uhhh can they start this early? I thought they were painless... so that would make them not the achey feeling? I feel my uterus tighten sometimes, but I never thought they could start this early. It is stressing me out. I just want this little one to be healthy, happy, growing, and safe in there. This momma is getting stressed out. And being emotional does not help my worries. :cry:

Me too. I had pain, cramping and Braxton Hicks for about three days after the last time. Just so sensitive to any changes and activity I guess, but I did worry of course.

BH can start pretty early--I had a few at 6-8 weeks and they only started up again recently. As a plus, mine are painful and make me pretty miserable. I found changing position works better than drinking a lot of water, though that may help for some.

I don't know if I have had any BH or not at this point. I do have IBS and my intestinal cramps are so similar to menstrual or contraction type of cramps. Usually I have a nasty bm afterwards so I tend to chalk it up to IBS. But I got them early with DS as well. I got some really, REALLY bad ones around 18 and 19 weeks. But I had a tear in the placenta and an irritated uterus so they were easily provoked (one bout started after I rubbed my lower belly while sitting on the toilet).

And I'm pretty sure I've felt the baby move. :cloud9: Yesterday, I felt the tiniest of pinprick pokes right where the OB had found the heartbeat. And this morning I felt a small, but definite bump in the same area. I have felt it a couple times since. There are no gurgles or farts following so I'm fairly sure it's not gas. I felt DS at 16 weeks and I have had two (failed) pregnancies in between so I guess it's not too surprising I felt this one earlier. But I was not expecting this early. :cloud9:

Felynn - I have been waiting for an update. I hope your scan went well and that your little baby is doing OK.

My scan went well although we didn't find out what team we're in!! The baby had the cord tucked nicely between its legs! So another 4 weeks to wait till next scan. But baby is growing right on track so we're very happy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->