2014 May Rainbows

Darlin, I'm so bad for getting in way too deep. Lol. I had a friend had a baby a couple of months ago and decided I wanted to crochet an owl hat... Yeah, my experience is about 3 hours. Lol. I did it, but with lots of stress, ripping out and starting again, and late nights. Lol. DH always asks if I'm SURE I want to take on a project. I get so excited and have so many ideas.... Once we find out our baby's gender (hopefully a week tomorrow), it'll take all my will power to not start 10 different projects.

Honestly though, those gifts are always the best :). I'm proud to say that owl hat is displayed in our friends nursery :)

I just finished. Each blanket took 2hrs each. I hope they like them. I've never really given anything like this. I've just recently gotten good enough at sewing to actually make things worth giving. SAH has given me the time to actually make more things so I can learn from my mistakes. I'm exhausted now and can't decide if I want to jump into DS's chrismas pj's, or if I should just wait until tomorrow. DH gets off work tomorrow at 10am and we don't have to be anywhere until 4pm. We did get cookies done! DS had a blast! I can't believe how good he did :cloud9:

Attachments

• 1526642_10200352504294740_611744411_n.jpg
    1526642_10200352504294740_611744411_n.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 4
  • 1012839_10200352504334741_729233858_n.jpg
    1012839_10200352504334741_729233858_n.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 4
  • photo (7).jpg
    photo (7).jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 4
Sunny, when is your scan? Mine is a week from Thursday. Sounds like we'll be having ours close together.

Darlin - those blankets look great! :) I wish I was crafty. Both my mom and MiL make blankets so I have waaaaay too many as it is, but I wish I could carry on the tradition. I can't make my hands do what I want them to do.

Hey Starry- my scan is next Tuesday... New Year's Eve :). DH and I are super excited!!! We won't be telling family for another 2 weeks after that though...

QUESTION: has anyone had dental work while pregnant?? I'm having trouble with an old filling hurting and not sure the rules.

Love that everyone is all into the Christmas spirit!!! I watched The Polar Express last night and def got me into the spirit :) I cannot wait until next year Christmas with my boy.

I do not know anything about cloth diapering. I used to use menstrual cups vs tampons (such a mess, so I stopped) so I just know that my want to be environmentally nice will not go very well. So I will use disposables. I am interested to see how your cloth diapering goes! maybe when I will be home more I could try them (next baby, of course).

When you get Braxton Hicks, do you know it? Or can you get them without feeling uncomfortable or whatever people say they feel like? I went pee last night and sort of felt a little panicky in my chest and went to lay down and felt my uterus and it was HARD. Not hard like after orgasm, but still way harder than usual and not squishy. The hardness did NOT go away for a few minutes though... so I thought Braxton Hicks do not last that long? I would have never even known if I was not pressing on my uterus and poking to see if the hardness would go away. So then it didn't and I got all freaked out which did not help anything, so then I prayed and went to bed. And now it is soft... lol. So was that Braxton Hicks? Or would I know if it was? There is only 1 time that I was pretty positive I had one, it felt very uncomfortable to stand and my uterus was rock solid. It only lasted like 20 seconds and then never came back. Experienced mommas or new mommas that know what they feel like, explain them to me! Cause I do not know lol. :shrug:

Sunny- I was just at the dentist a couple of weeks ago. I had a gum infection and they gave me basically some strong listerine solution that got rid of it. If necessary you can have dental work. I have a few cavaties but because they are not causing me any pain he said to wait until baby was here. If it is causing you pain you can have dental work done. Try to avoid an xray if possible or be very well covered with the jackets and make sure they are brief and only for the targeted area ;)

MrsGax- I actually recently learned that our uterus will contract all the time we just don't know it (even when not pg) it's just because of the size and contraction intensity we notice it more while pg. I get awful bh. I had them late in pregnancy with DS and from like 9wks this pregnancy. They can be uncomfortable but if painful call your care provider. If they are strong enough try to rest. Lay on your left side and sip a cool drink like water or fruit juice :) This was the remedy I was always given.

Hey Starry- my scan is next Tuesday... New Year's Eve :). DH and I are super excited!!! We won't be telling family for another 2 weeks after that though...

QUESTION: has anyone had dental work while pregnant?? I'm having trouble with an old filling hurting and not sure the rules.

I have just had my teeth cleaned but no work done... I am not sure if you can have it done... I would think so, my mom had her wisdom tooth removed while pregnant with me. But then again, I am not sure what they say now.

So exciting for your scan!!! Ahhhh! I cannot wait! :happydance:

Oh the wisdom tooth thing... I need mine removed and because they will have to cut the gum to remove it and it is actual surgery I have to wait. You can only have them removed if they can be pulled without putting you under :winkwink:

My infection was around a wisdom tooth so we had this discussion :thumbup:

Thanks ladies re: dentist! DH and I need a new close to our new house so I'm going to call Friday. Ill ask them for info :). I have a heart murmur too that I take antibiotics to go to the dentist but guessing I can't take those?

I have a question... so today I went to the bathroom and see yellow discharge in my underwear. It has been happening all day... should I be worried? Sorry TMI. I just don't know what it is... I am not itchy or anything.

I've had my discharge yellowish. I've been told that without scent, pain or itching its all normal. Mine is more yellow when I'm dehydrated I think.

I find I have discharge that wipes clear but dries yellow. I am starting to itch again so getting concerned about another yeast infection.

I've actually trimmed really short 'down there' and using baby wipes when I use the washroom. It's helped a lot :)

Any excess amnt of discharge makes me itchy anyway. Just it getting in the hair and drying before I get to shower drives me crazy. I have to stay trimmed when pg but I can't fully shave or I break out something awful down there to where it hurts.

Anybody heard of AlbeeBaby.com? Looks pretty legit and has a lot of followers on fb. I found the joovy caboose stroller we want for $20 less than it would be here in any store. I found it for $109 on a diff site but it looked pretty sketchy. I love a good deal but I'd rather spend $20 more, save $20 still and not have my credit card stolen or something crazy.

Never heard of it. Ill check it out. Maybe go to the Facebook page and see what people are saying about it?

I'd also rather spend the extra money for a reputable site or store. I just am not very trusting, ha ha.

And how do you go about trimming your lady gardens? Mine is rather unmangeable so I usually resort to hair remover. However, using it during pregnancy makes me nervous. I have this little pair of scissors I use but it doesn't trim as much as I'd like. And bending is getting tricky. haha I'm not even huge yet!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->