2014 May Rainbows

I guess umbilical chords get in the way. I was supposed to be a c-section so my mom had a scan a few days before I was born and was told I'd be a boy. Whoops. My mom said she was always wondering what the nurse was looking at. I have a friend who was told girl and ended up with a boy.

I'm hoping our scan gets a very clear potty shot so we don't have to guess so much.

I'm starting to get boy vibes whereas I used to feel girl. Now I don't know what to think! It's going to be a long 2 weeks. Though it could be 4 weeks if the technician won't tell us during the scan.

Sunny his little parts just look funny to me. So much different than my DS :dohh: I've seen some girl shots that were in "nub transition" that looked exactly like the picture we have. DH reassures me I'm crazy and he's all boy. Idk. I know in my heart it's a boy but my mind keeps hoping it's a girl :wacko:

I've been feeling girl and my mom thinks girl. But I don't want to get my hopes up.

It's a boy! Put me down for team :blue:

Wow it's starting to feel real now. We're all reaching our halfway point! I've wrapped a blue stocking and a blue onesie for the grandparents and cousins to open on Christmas Eve! So hard to wait!

Congrats Lune on team blue! How exciting..... What a sweet way to share the news :)

We plan on having a family dinner in January. We will make cake pops and colour the inside either pink or blue to share the news with our families :). Hoping baby cooperates. Otherwise we plan on a 3D scan in February to confirm, or find out if baby doesn't cooperate.

Congrats on your boy :D Looks like the little boys are dominating this thread :haha:

well maybe not. We are tied 2 boys and 2 girls. Idk why I thought there were more boys :dohh:

I thought there were more boys too ? Weird!! Yay for tied! I work in childcare and we are currently dominated with boys! My class of 14 has 3 girls... The toddler class of 15 has 4 girls. It's crazy!

lune - congrats on joining Team Blue!

We don't have a special gender reveal planned. I'll probably just call up my parents and say, "Hey, it's a girl" or "It's a boy!" or "Baby crossed it's legs!" I might even text them while they're still at work. LOL

Ladies, Christmas is on Wednesday. How on earth did that happen??? You know, for someone who had the trees and lights up in November, I feel so utterly unprepared. I didn't mail out christmas cards until yesterday! Yeesh. I hope no one feels offended.

Where do you guys recommend registering at? I have started a little registry on Babies R Us and Amazon (LOVE amazon lol)... but I am wondering if I should do somewhere else instead of Amazon? I heard Targets return policy sucks?

I cannot believe Christmas is in a few days! Insane. I am unprepared as well. I have to go get a few more gifts on Monday... Yikes. I have never been super into the holidays... my parents are divorced and it has always been a split thing, so that sucked. Then throw in my in laws and we have 3 different places to be 2 hours from each other on christmas. This is our LAST year doing that. Everyone can come to us next time as I think next year I will be more into it with the baby. I cannot wait until he is old enough to know about Christmas :)

My husband is Jewish so we see his family for Hannukah then just my patents on Christmas. They've agreed that once baby is here they will come to us :). I can't imagine running all over :/

As for registering were at babies r us and snuggle bugz. The latter has higher end stuff more organic, etc. I'm keeping it to the two. Anything we want that's not available at either (like the foam bathtub insert) we will purchase ourselves :)

In my old hometown we only had Babies R Us to register. None of the other department stores had registries which was annoying. Unless SEARS did and I just didn't know about it. I got a lot of stuff off of the registry too which was fine (ie. clothes, books, toys, etc). I also got lots of homemade blankets which was terrific as the store bought stuff is no where near as nice, IMO. People get you what they want.

In my new hometown there is absolutely nowhere to register so whoever is in charge of the shower asks the mom-to-be for a list of things she needs and buys the group gift based off of that while everyone else just gets what they think would be nice for the mom to have.

Both of our registries are online. People can see what we've registered for and choose where to buy. Or order online. Either way I like when people have a registry as I can see their tastes and what they need :)

I don't see why not. :shrug: If people don't feel like paying for shipping charges they could always go out to the store and pick it up directly. At least they'll know what you want. Also, those who live far away won't have to worry about wrapping and shipping the gifts on their own and you'll get them delivered to your door (stores with registries will ship items between stores but then you have to go out and pick them up). And I love getting packages at the door! :thumbup:

so I was in the ER Yesterday, had bleeding but wasn't aware bc I was at my sons school all day so when I went pee I see my undies had blood in them not spots but the whole middle of the underwear but no other bleeding. I phoned my drs office bc I was having sharp pains that hurt so bad that I stopped in my tracks it was only concerning bc it was 3 days in a row. Normally when I have sharp pains they come and go and arent days in a row. I was told to go in baby is doing fine. measuring a week and a day ahead of lmp. Hr 141 dead twin is still in there floating around the gestational sac nor the baby has gotten smaller since the baby died at 9.3 weeks.

I am wondering something. I have heard of women not being able to carrying a certain sex boys. This seems odd bc I wouldn't see why I couldnt carry females but I know for sure one of four of my losses was a girl I had feelings maybe my others were girls is that possible? I have 3 boys and found out this baby is in deed a boy what if the twin is a female I really want answers for my losses but its seems odd for a female to have issues carrying female fetus. But I have no issues all my blood work has come back okay my baby girl came back normal. Its just so hard when you don't have answers!

I've never heard anything official though I've had a nurse suggest it to me once when I was losing my son's twin. Also, when I was in the ER for one of my many hospital visits with his pregnancy I met a woman who told me she figured she couldn't carry girls as she had had 6 miscarriages but four healthy boys. Nothing scientific though. Sometimes I wonder if I can't carry girls but I never found out the sex of any of my losses.

I'm sorry you had another scare. Did the doctors give you any idea what might have caused it? Maybe your body trying to deal with the dead twin?

It's been awhile but when I took my developmental biology class there are reasons why you can only carry one sex or the other. It depends on X gene.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Burgess422
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->