2014 May Rainbows

I gain weight no matter how much I limit what I eat or how healthily I eat...I think some people are just made that way. Their metabolism slows or they start making more efficient use of calories. I was seriously nauseous until 19 weeks and forced myself to eat at least three small meals, despite only craving fruit. And yet, I'm very round already, with four months to go, ay!

I like all the names being revealed. We still can't come up with a boys' name and have too many names we love for a girl.

Darlin--I'd be so thrilled to have another corner free for a bookshelf. I put the kids' books on lower shelf and adult books on top. I think having one in the living room makes it really easy for everyone in household to pick up a good book anytime. You can put a basket full of magazines there too--lots of good ones for kids. My daughter really likes the National Geographic for Little Kids. Each issue comes with collectible animal cards.

MrsGax--I often wish I'd never seen a snowplow. It's currently 9 degrees F outside and snowing up a storm here. School's already cancelled for tomorrow. Good luck with the condo!

I have no nesting urge yet...it fact, I really don't want to be bothered setitng up a nursery at all. I think that's because we have to move my son down to the extra room in the basement first and sorting his room terrifies me. :wacko:

Patiently waiting to hear from Starry :)

I've defiantly rounded out, but very little actual weight gain... I usually have to be VERY good to loose or at least not gain weight, but for some reason pregnancy is the key for me... Lol. I will easily gain 5-10 lbs over Christmas time. Except now...

I'm loving the names :). Since we're not revealing IRL until after the birth I was super excited to hear some feedback here :). It's not a super common name but not too "out there" either :)

Hope everything is ok with Starry.

We got our stroller today and set it all up :happydance:

Attachments

• photo (8).jpg
    photo (8).jpg
    42.6 KB · Views: 1
Hey ladies!

I hope I didn't worry any of you. We just got home. It's a long drive too and from the city so we always make a day of it.

The technician wouldn't tell us the gender!! Poo. So I have to wait two more weeks to hear it from my doctor. HOWEVER.....there was a serious lack of penis in the potty shot...and it was a good potty shot too....legs spread apart. I saw two distinct lines side by side with a little dot. Fingers crossed that we're getting our little princess!!!

And most importantly, things look OK. The technician really is not allowed to say anything but he said I was measuring 5 days ahead so that is really great! :D I'm going to have to ask my OB if that changes the due date or not.

Starry- glad to hear all is well! Congrats on a fantastic scan :). Fingers crossed you gets that princess :). I know that since we're having our boy first I will be quite anxious for our second to be a girl ;). Although I think we've agreed that if the first two are the same gender we will go for a third :)

bummer the technician wouldn't tell you the gender :(. What was the heart beat?. Sometimes that can be a clue ;)

The heart beat was 147 (he didn't tell me but I saw on the scan) but it's not too big a clue. My mom said I was in the 140s the entire pregnancy and my son was in the 160s until near the end.

At one point I thought I might have seen a bit of the 'turtle' but nothing clear. With my son it was so super obvious...it was waving around and everything.

I've been looking online for images of boy and girl ultrasounds and ours resembled the girls more than the boys.

Fingers crossed! I've heard the heartbeat can be a clue but not a guarantee. Ours was 140 exactly every time. Lol. My co worker has had the hb measure 160 ish every time... I'm curious to see... Our scan was pretty obvious boy.... The tech said girls are harder to tell.

Carrying my rainbow baby dued on May the third. MOMMA CAN'T WAIT TO MEET YOU BABY GIRL!!!!!

That will be very exciting Starry! Can't wait to update your gender :)

Welcome precious_baby :wave: I've added you to the list ;)

Welcome, precious_baby! Congrats on your pregnancy!

It's hard to believe we're halfway there, ladies! I never thought I'd get this far in a pregnancy ever again. I can't wait for May! This pregnancy is still dragging a bit for me. Christmas helped distract me a bit but now it's back to just wishing each day away.

Starry I know what you mean. I was chugging right along and now it slowed back a bit. Do have to say I was shocked to get on here this morning and see a grapefruit! :haha:

Yay for half way!!! I feel time dragging a bit too. Trying to keep busy to distract myself. :)

Filling out forms for work and doing some planning and ending everything at the end if April!! It's close enough to mat leave that I can see the light at the end of the tunnel ;)

I was lucky and got to leave a month early with DS. I was on moderate bed rest but it was still nice. I could only make milk runs or go to the movies where I was sitting down. My mat photos were so hard on me because I had to stand the whole time.

I'm aiming for April 25th (a Friday). I will be 36 +3 days....

How are the bellies coming along? Here's mine

Attachments

• 1557287_569317386486244_1925796483_o.jpg
    1557287_569317386486244_1925796483_o.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 4
image.jpg

Wow look at you :) I'm defiantly not that much showing yet. Some people I see regularly still haven't noticed :/

Hello and welcome, precious baby!

Nice bumps, ladies! I'm short so you can definitely see mine, especially from front. Loving the movement--kicks are stong enough now so others can feel them too.

Attachments

• 23 week bump 1.3.14.jpg
    23 week bump 1.3.14.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 2
I'm not that tall either (5'3") so I thought I'd show more :(. This week has popped a bit so hoping it's more noticeable soon. If I wear a sweater you can't even tell!! So I've been earring fitted tops to show off a bit. It was -20 today though so big sweater is a must. Lol.

My mom thought we were having a girl because she carried me this far back :)

I can't wait until DH can feel the kicks!! They're strong enough to distract me from what I'm doing but very low and to the back.

sunny - you're showing just fine! It's a sweet bump. It's roughly the same size as mine only mine has the saggy c-section pooch underneath which makes it seem bigger (and more like fat).

darlin - you're so cute! What a beautiful bump! Love the sweater too. I need to invest in some actual maternity sweaters. My regular hoodies are getting uncomfortable to zip up.

monymony - I love your bump too. You seem to be carrying in a similar way as me (low and bit more pointed). No mistaking it's baby! :)

afm - no bump photo to upload. I haven't taken one since about 14 weeks. All my maternity tops are in the wash so it will have to wait for another day. I don't want anyone seeing me in a stretched-out and bunchy regular top. ha ha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->