2014 May Rainbows

What are gro bags?:blush:

We ended up getting a Graco Travel system. I had found one where the infant seat is rated up to 32 pounds so we were able to use it almost the entire first year. My parents ended up buying it for us.

I've heard that if you're going to be using breast pumps that Mendela is the way to go. We have one but it turned out I wasn't much of a pumper. It doesn't work for everyone.

Other than that....I don't really know if there are specific models or brands for items I'd recommend. I tend to follow the sales.

I do hate that Safety First seems to be the only brand of safety equipment out there. I hate their new childproof door knob covers. They are not effective at all. It doesn't take kids long to figure out how to break them apart. But it's the only kind you can find in any of the stores. The child saftey locks for cabinet doors also break easily. DS has broken some by pulling hard enough on the doors. Once again, it's all that's out there (and I've looked and looked and looked).

I don't even remember what type of playpen we have. I just like that it has a co-sleeper bassinet attachment.

A grobag is a brand of sleep sacks. Very good quality!

In Ontario we have a few companies making safety equipment. We have chosen our gates already, we are getting the ones that I have a work... Sturdy metal that screw to the wall.

Our stroller is quite expensive but very high quality. DH sister has the same one and loves it!

I've heard about those breast pumps. I registered for the hand pump version. We are going with tommy tippy bottles and they have an adapter for that pump for only $5

Dh's mom will likely buy our stroller. Hoping my parents will buy the car seat & extra base. The rest is little stuff that if it's not given to us we will decide what we need and buy. Some stuff is more for convenience so not mandatory. Lol

I can find other brands of gates but it's the little things like child safety locks that I can't. Really annoying. And it's not just that Babies R Us carries them. They ALL do. I've checked Walmart, Zellers (before it went bankrupt), SEARS and Canadian Tire. Same with sheets and covers. I hate their designs. They're nasty. For blankets my mom and MiL make everything so that's fine.

I wanted a Peter Rabbit nursery and only Pottery Barn sold anything so we ended up getting most of our things off the internet. My mom just ordered a light switch cover off of Etsy and she has a cross-stick pattern book and is making a decorative pillow. Most of the nursery is decorated from DS but it will be nice to add to the collection. And if we do have a girl I will need to add a few girlish accents. But I wanted Peter Rabbit because I figured it worked for either gender. I loved Peter Rabbit as a girl.

Really, our big project will be DS' room. It's all princessy-looking so we have to make it boyish soon. (it's way too big to be reasonable for a nursery and our current nursery has a built-in change table). I'm still trying to decide on a theme for him but I'm most likely going to go with CARS. Not original but he loves McQueen.

Starry, we are doing our nursery gender neutral too... Then when we have a second if it's a girl it will be easy to add some girly touches :). We likely have much more selection here in ontario I'm sure.... I've seen a least 3 different brands of safety products.... The internet can be very wonderful... Not sure about shipping though....

Cars is fun.... Once they are 2-3 years old they developed their own opinion and tastes so you gotta go with it :)

I wonder if IKEA would have anything. Manitoba has one now. Made front page news. LOL I grew up in Southern Ontario so seeing Manitobans getting so super excited about an IKEA was really quite quaint. ha ha

I was more excited when they got a Swiss Chalet. I pretend to take the credit for that one because I emailed them, begging them to come to Manitoba when we moved.

My biggest suggestion I have Sunny is to not go overboard on the stroller if you plan on having more. They only get MORE expensive if you need a double and they aren't nearly as easy to find a nice one like the single is. Just because you have to look for one that the features are good for both LO's.

I loved madela breast pump. Get plenty of storage containers or bottles and an extra set of pump pieces. The reason I say this is for washing purposes. If you get a large piece of tupperware or a bowl you can keep one in the fridge in between uses and then you can wash every other day. Washing pump pieces gets to be a lot after a while.

I thought the diaper genie was a waste. Just if you have a stinky diaper, bag it in a grocery bag and put it in the garage or outside trash (we keep our outside trash cans in the garage anyway).

I agree it's hard to find patterns and things I like.

Starry try looking for munchkin brand stuff. It's our favorite! We use it for safety stuff, sippies and all his bowls etc.

The stroller were looking at can add a second seat. So basically converts to a double. Not a perfect double but suitable for what we need.

Because I'm planning on cloth diapers we need a pail. Been looking at the Ubbi steal pail. Apparently the steal doesn't hold the smell like plastic does.

Hope you all are doing well.

Im hanging in there have 2 appts next week one with midwife(at obgyn office) then one with MFM dr. This baby has been moving feeling some strong movements that sometimes hurt. Wednesday Im 20 weeks and will be half way through this pregnancy. Its hard to believe I keep making it further and further.

We have an ob appointment tomorrow. Excited to hear the hb again :). Then the second half of our anatomy scan next week!! Baby does not like to cooperate so we get extra scans ;)

I thought we had a mw appt tomorrow but it's next week :dohh: I'm glad I don't have to drink that nasty drink quite yet :haha:

Did you guys get the flu shot? In my city, a lady that was 28 just died from h1n1. I did not get the shot as I am weird about it and scared to put me and Gavin at risk by taking the shot... since they have never actually studied it on pregnant ladies. BUT now, I am getting scared cause it is h1n1 that is on the rise around here. I would totally quarantine myself until flu season is over, but I start clinical for public health rotation in February, and I am now second guessing my decision. I think if I never had a loss before, I would have no issues getting it... I just question every single thing. What did you guys do?

Yes it is recommended here. My mw advised me to do the flu shot and the TDAP shot. I did both with DS and I will be due for the flu shot again next month or so. I need to ask when they want me to have it again.

Yes it is recommended here. My mw advised me to do the flu shot and the TDAP shot. I did both with DS and I will be due for the flu shot again next month or so. I need to ask when they want me to have it again.

Thanks girl! It just helps hearing from mommas that know the pain of a MC and all the worry that comes along with the next pregnancy.

Honestly after how ill I was with that stomach bug the minor cold you would get from the flu would be very minor! :haha: Plus I would think the minor sickness the vaccine would cause would be much better than the full blown flu you could get :thumbup:

I'm a bad example for flu shots. I never get them. I rarely get sick though. It's more of the hassle of arranging getting it though then any fear. My friend is a doctor and just had a baby and highly recommends getting the shot if that helps :)

Darlin- I'm due for that test with the nasty drink in a few weeks :/. I think here it's 24-28 weeks. That's only 3 weeks away!! I'm guessing I'll get the requisition for it at my appointment tomorrow.

I had the orange last time this time I picked lemon lime. Hoping it goes better. I got horribly sick from it last time...diarrhea :blush:

I have to have the drink at my next appt! yuck! At least this time they do it at the mw's office. Last time I had to go to the hospital.

I think I have to go to a life labs clinic... Not sure.... Not looking forward to the 3 hours of no peeing after that awful drink :(

I remember it being horrible as well. Left sitting in the waiting room for hours. This time they want me to come 15 minutes before my appointment with the mw and then have my 45 min appt with her before they do the test. That doesn't sound so bad.

It's so crazy how the regulations are diff. I can pee or whatever I just can't eat or drink. I drink it 30min before my appt and they draw my blood 30min after being there (It's a one hr test here). Then if I fail I got back for the 3hr one :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->