2014 May Rainbows

Thanks for the tips about the glucose test. I will be having mine in the morning and have to go back to work till 6 pm. Would suck to crash! Lol

Our LO was quite low, but the last week or two he's much higher... Feeling a lot more kicks above my belly button now. At my 20 & 22 week scans he was head down and kicking up near my belly button, the tech said it's like he's laying on the placenta (it's low and towards the back). Guess he's changed position lately. Lol

Starry, I know what you mean about this taking forever.... We've been trying since May of 2012 and have had two losses... So basically I've spent two years either pregnant, recovering from mc or ttc. Seems like forever and honestly 2 years IS LONG!!! Hang in there, we're all so close :)

Sorry I have been missing. I have been struggling a lot with anxiety, school, and just a lot of other things. I have been very disconnected from everyone in my life lately and have just felt very hopeless and I feel bad that I am not enjoying this pregnancy one bit. :cry:
My vagina hurts 24/7, I have SO MUCH PRESSURE down there and they have checked and say my cervix is great, no worries. I have been to L&D 2x because of thinking I was contracting, I have thought I lost my mucus plug like 25 times since I was 15 weeks, my right side of my pubic bone BURNS like on fire, the baby has flipped inside and I can BARELY feel him anymore so I get terrified thinking he died, and last time I went to L&D, he was sooooo low that his whole body was like engaged! (not really, or else they would have worried). I just want him to move up, he has seemed to a little bit, but he is just not very active and it scares me half to death that something could be wrong :cry::cry::cry:

And I wanted to go to a Pepper show tonight and I can't cause I can barely stand up for longer than 30 minutes without feeling like my precious boy will fall right through. I told DH that this is the only child we are ever having. I am an only child and I always said "Oh, I will never do that, blah blah" but this has been the most nerve wracking experience of my life. I cannot imagine losing him.

So sorry for all the negativity! I feel better getting that all out. I just never thought that pregnancy would be so scary for me. I have a friend that LOVES being pregnant and I am so jealous.

Now on happy notes, we are in escrow for our townhouse, and I have 7 weeks left of school before maternity leave! Which means he will be here shortly after that. :happydance: I hope you all have a great day :)

I am so sorry to hear this, MrsGax. I think I was mildly depressed for my first so I don't remember it all that well, but I was an anxious ball for my entire second pregnancy. It was horrible and exhausting. Add to that the physical problems I had, also with walking, and I remember being so eager for baby to come for the last three months that I almost believed I willed my daughter to come early! I'm not a person who enjoys pregnancy at all, as in not an ounce. That's why I have such big age gaps between my kids. I can't think about going through it all again for years!

This pg has been my worst physically and mentally so far, so I know I'm absolutely done. If I end up with a csection I'll get my tubes tied. If not, OH will get the V.

I really feel for you on the pelvic pain front. I also have pelvic girdle pain and I look like a 90 year woman anytime I walk somewhere. The v2 supporter helps me out, you might want to try it.

Congrats on the townhouse!

Mrs Gax - :hug: You poor dear. My heart really goes out to you. When you see your doctor next I would really mention these feelings to him/her. It's quite possible you have prenatal depression. When I first saw my OB I had mentioned I had had issues with depression so she's always asking how I'm feeling and how I'm doing at each visit. If it ever gets really bad I will be put onto meds.

On Sunday I had a complete meltdown. I have been getting Braxton Hicks quite badly this pregnancy and I don't know what is normal and what is not (this is my first normal pregnancy so have nothing to compare to) so I freak out each time. My DD also loves to sit low so I feel heavy all the time too. Anyways, we were on our way out to a social gathering and I was just cramping and feeling scared and all I could picture was my waters breaking and me bleeding at this farm in the middle of nowhere with patchy cell service. I started BAWLING and shaking. I made DH turn around and of course, as soon as we turned around the cramping and intense nausea went away. It was 'just' a panic attack. But the incident definitely sealed the deal that WE ARE DONE with kids after this. I can't cope mentally.:nope:

So yeah...I understand feeling the fear and panic. I am hating pregnancy for that reason alone. Never mind the physical discomforts. I am having loads of pain in my tail bone. Everything feels locked together. Sometimes that "locked" feeling goes up my spine into my shoulders. I still get nauseous. I could go back to bed after being up for only 2 hours. And heartburn!!! And weight gain....I'm getting quite the double chin/puffy face...blah!!

We'll get there! :hugs::hugs:

Oh ladies I'm sorry you're having such a hard go at pregnancy. It hasn't been a walk in the park for me but nothing compared to you!!! Mostly I get heartburn constantly despite being on the Max daily dose of Zantac. Still taking tums & gaviscon regularly. :/ I've been having headaches almost daily too I think I'm keeping a lot of tension in my shoulders & neck :(. A bit of sciatica and lower back pain. Already waddling some days at 25 weeks :/

We will make it!!

Our new mantra :)

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one that dislikes being pregnant. But I am so sorry you guys have so much trouble! I just feel sick all the time still. I can't wait to have my baby. I am so blessed that I can have a child but it sucks so bad to be sick all the time! I know it will be worth it in the end! Thanks to all of you for the support and for letting me know I am not alone and we will make it together.

Oh schultzie, feeling sick is terrible.... I was so glad when that eased up... Are you taking anything for it? I thought it would never end, but I guess I was luckier than some and around 14 weeks I noticed that it was much better...

I'm enjoying the ability to have my own children, and unassisted for the most part... I am grateful for the opportunity to feel the baby inside me and such, but in general dislike being pregnant... My mom told me she disliked being pregnant as well.... Just feeling crappy and uncomfortable and for SO LONG!! The better part of a year :( boo.... She used to tell me she would take labour over 9 months of feeling crappy any day! Lol

Most of my complaints are minor, but uncomfortable None the less... I'm at least lucky in that DH is VERY accommodating and doing most of the cooking, dishes, etc... Really helps after a long day at work....

Yeah, my DH is a saint! He helps so much around the house and he doesn't mind clutter so doesn't get after me for not doing much. While is a far more optimistic person than I am he is still very worried and concerned for me and the baby. He is the first to tell me to lie down and he's so ready to help with DS and put up with my moods and to tell me I'm beautiful.

I still get sick but I don't need anti-nausea tablets anymore. So that, at least, is a highlight.

We will make it.

My DH is also telling me to go sit down... He makes dinner, and deals with the dishwasher, etc.. Groceries.... Such a life saver! I'm glad your DH is the same ;)

I am so sorry to hear this, MrsGax. I think I was mildly depressed for my first so I don't remember it all that well, but I was an anxious ball for my entire second pregnancy. It was horrible and exhausting. Add to that the physical problems I had, also with walking, and I remember being so eager for baby to come for the last three months that I almost believed I willed my daughter to come early! I'm not a person who enjoys pregnancy at all, as in not an ounce. That's why I have such big age gaps between my kids. I can't think about going through it all again for years!

This pg has been my worst physically and mentally so far, so I know I'm absolutely done. If I end up with a csection I'll get my tubes tied. If not, OH will get the V.

I really feel for you on the pelvic pain front. I also have pelvic girdle pain and I look like a 90 year woman anytime I walk somewhere. The v2 supporter helps me out, you might want to try it.

Congrats on the townhouse!

Thank you! Yes, I am such an anxious ball… it sucks and takes the joy away. I am sorry you have had a hard time being pregnant as well. It is like a constant mind F… on one hand, I am so stressed to where it makes me feel like I hate being pregnant and just want him here and then on the other hand, I am SO SO SO SO SOOOO very thankful for this. I thought it would never happen for me. Makes me cry thinking of it lol. But I feel bad and feel like I complain 24/7… so I just cannot wait until May. I will def look into that… i was washing my face tonight and got this INTENSE burning/stabbing pain on the right side of my pubic bone… It is happening so much more often and now starting to hurt extremely bad. I will go research that belt! Thank you!

Thanks for the tips about the glucose test. I will be having mine in the morning and have to go back to work till 6 pm. Would suck to crash! Lol

Our LO was quite low, but the last week or two he's much higher... Feeling a lot more kicks above my belly button now. At my 20 & 22 week scans he was head down and kicking up near my belly button, the tech said it's like he's laying on the placenta (it's low and towards the back). Guess he's changed position lately. Lol

Starry, I know what you mean about this taking forever.... We've been trying since May of 2012 and have had two losses... So basically I've spent two years either pregnant, recovering from mc or ttc. Seems like forever and honestly 2 years IS LONG!!! Hang in there, we're all so close :)

I had some kicks up above the belly button for a while and then he flipped and they are allll in my bum or vagina lol. It is a very weird feeling. And yes, this has taken forever… My first loss was in 2011, so I had a 2 year break, but my last lost was in 2013 in May and then bam, pregnant 2 months later and I had just got done bleeding as I bled for six weeks after the MC. lol… so this has been forever and ever haha. But we are so close! And it will be so worth it.

Mrs Gax - :hug: You poor dear. My heart really goes out to you. When you see your doctor next I would really mention these feelings to him/her. It's quite possible you have prenatal depression. When I first saw my OB I had mentioned I had had issues with depression so she's always asking how I'm feeling and how I'm doing at each visit. If it ever gets really bad I will be put onto meds.

On Sunday I had a complete meltdown. I have been getting Braxton Hicks quite badly this pregnancy and I don't know what is normal and what is not (this is my first normal pregnancy so have nothing to compare to) so I freak out each time. My DD also loves to sit low so I feel heavy all the time too. Anyways, we were on our way out to a social gathering and I was just cramping and feeling scared and all I could picture was my waters breaking and me bleeding at this farm in the middle of nowhere with patchy cell service. I started BAWLING and shaking. I made DH turn around and of course, as soon as we turned around the cramping and intense nausea went away. It was 'just' a panic attack. But the incident definitely sealed the deal that WE ARE DONE with kids after this. I can't cope mentally.:nope:

So yeah...I understand feeling the fear and panic. I am hating pregnancy for that reason alone. Never mind the physical discomforts. I am having loads of pain in my tail bone. Everything feels locked together. Sometimes that "locked" feeling goes up my spine into my shoulders. I still get nauseous. I could go back to bed after being up for only 2 hours. And heartburn!!! And weight gain....I'm getting quite the double chin/puffy face...blah!!

We'll get there! :hugs::hugs:

Thank you… I have mentioned it to her and she told me that she thinks it is mainly because of my losses and that everything will be okay, etc, etc. But I will mention it again.

I am sorry you had a meltdown :( I have recently started getting braxton hicks as well, and they STRESS me out… like I worry they are not just BH's and that they are something more sinister, so I know the fear. How many do you have? Usually I just have a random one, but when I sit up in a chair, I get them so frequently… not more than the 4 in an hour-go to L&D rule, but just they come. I NEVER get them when laying on my left side, so I lay down a ton. I hope our babies move UP soon! The pressure of their little bodies is intense and they are so small still. I wish that I was having twins so that way I could be done as well… I was an only child and it sucked. But Gavin will not be getting a sibling for a LONG time. I just cannot imagine it… I always thought I would have AT LEAST 3…. :wacko: Yea, not happening.

The fear and panic are what make me hate pregnancy… If I had an ultrasound machine to measure my cervix and make sure that all this pressure I feel is completely normal and nothing bad, then maybe I would worry less. I thought I would feel so much better after V-day… and it has brought a TON of relief, but also now I just want to make it to 30 weeks, etc… I think I will feel this way until he is here… but then as my mom says "the REAL worrying starts". The physical discomforts suck, but I do not mind them, except the worrying ones like pressure, increased discharge, BH's, etc. All the ones that can signal preterm labor. The gas, constipation, rib pain from my stomach bulging through below my sternum, are all fine. Just temporary :) We will get there, and this will all be distant memories. :hugs:

Oh ladies I'm sorry you're having such a hard go at pregnancy. It hasn't been a walk in the park for me but nothing compared to you!!! Mostly I get heartburn constantly despite being on the Max daily dose of Zantac. Still taking tums & gaviscon regularly. :/ I've been having headaches almost daily too I think I'm keeping a lot of tension in my shoulders & neck :(. A bit of sciatica and lower back pain. Already waddling some days at 25 weeks :/

We will make it!!

Our new mantra :)

I love the new mantra!!! WE WILL MAKE IT!!!!

I have never had heartburn in my life… what does it feel like? So sorry you have it. I feel you on the lower back pain… these bellies are getting heavy! :happydance: (for the heavy belly, not back pain lol)

I am so glad to hear I am not the only one that dislikes being pregnant. But I am so sorry you guys have so much trouble! I just feel sick all the time still. I can't wait to have my baby. I am so blessed that I can have a child but it sucks so bad to be sick all the time! I know it will be worth it in the end! Thanks to all of you for the support and for letting me know I am not alone and we will make it together.

I am so sorry you feel so sick… that is misery :( I cannot wait to have my baby either. I feel just like you, so blessed that I can have a baby, but I wish I could remove my anxiety lol. And you are def not alone, we all may have different struggles with pregnancy, but that is what makes us a good group. we are all there for one another.

Thank you guys for listening to me today. I had a pretty good day! I passed my glucose test :happydance:
Got my lab results back and it confirmed that I am anemic, so that makes sense as to why I am so exhausted all the time. Sure I will just increase iron, I will need a stool softener soon. The joys! :haha:
Little man is wiggling higher up! And I am trying to focus on all the positives around me. Hope everyone has a good night!

I am still on Zofran once a day at night but I still get sick about 3 or 4 times a week. It's funny how many places I have thrown up at...lol.
Congrats on passing the glucose test! I have to get my either next week or the following.

Ugh I can't imagine still being sick :(. I only threw up a bit a couple of times. For me the nausea was 24/7 so I just had a really hard time eating (as I would start gagging just trying to eat) and started to loose weight. Luckily the meds helped and then it passed around 14 weeks.

Mrs Gax - congrats on passing your glucose test!

schultzie - I can't imagine still throwing up. I'm so sorry. :( I had stopped throwing up around 12 to 13 weeks though I still needed anti-nausea tablets until 20ish weeks.

Just a head's up that Old Navy is having a sale on baby and kids' clothing and there are some really good deals. I'm thinking of picking up some stuff for DS as I think he's having another growth spurt.

I'm still on Zofran too! I'm currently out and need DH to pick up a refill on his way home and I feel like I might start throwing up again today too :(

Thanks guys! So exciting to be almost to 3rd tri… I just keep telling myself it is right around the corner :)

Sooo does anyone know anything regarding RRL (red raspberry leaf) and uterine contractions? I have heard that it makes the uterus better during labor/delivery, helps with bleeding, etc. But that it is also a uterine stimulant… so I had to get new prenatals a few weeks ago, and I looked at them and they have a pretty high dose of RRL in them. Well, in the last 2 weeks or so, my BH's have increased a lot… coincidence? Or from the RRL? I also drank this pregnancy tea and found myself have way frequent BH's and the main ingredient is RRL. So I just ordered some prenatals with no RRL in them and I am going to see if that stops them… What is normal for BH's? They do not hurt, but just feel tight and uncomfortable. A friend of mine is on her 3rd baby and she says hers feel like menstrual cramps… are they supposed to hurt? I have read no. Sorry for so many questions, but this is all brand new to me.

Happy moment, my little nugget just kicked my right ribs!!! or punched… whatever, I do not care. I am laying down, so that probably helps.. but still! :happydance::happydance::happydance::happydance::headspin::wohoo::xmas8: (a little excited haha)

I am so sorry that you are still sick!!! That sucks!

Darlin, if you do not take the zofran, you will still throw up? I am sorry guys, nausea is misery. When it comes to getting sick, give me a respiratory infection any day… nausea/vomiting, forget it. I have a fear of vomiting cause I cannot breathe. Like when I get food poisoning, I will want to vomit, but my body will do EVERYTHING to hold it in. So I just have it the other way, which sucks too. Sorry girls, I hope it just goes away for you soon!

I have heard both ways about red raspberry leaf -- that it is supposed to prevent pregnancy loss but also that it causes it. I honestly avoid it at all costs. Try skipping your prenatals or switching them for a few days and see if your BH get less.

I also share your fear of vomiting. I would have vomited A LOT more during this pregnancy but I fought it back like crazy. I only threw up when I lost the battle.

I have heard both ways about red raspberry leaf -- that it is supposed to prevent pregnancy loss but also that it causes it. I honestly avoid it at all costs. Try skipping your prenatals or switching them for a few days and see if your BH get less.

I also share your fear of vomiting. I would have vomited A LOT more during this pregnancy but I fought it back like crazy. I only threw up when I lost the battle.

Thanks girl, I am def skipping them for a few days until my new prenatals get here. They have zero RRL in them. Yea, that is the only time I have vomited, when I lose the battle. My bff can vomit on the drop of a hat, though. She just gets grossed out and pukes lol. But she has zero fear of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->