2014 May Rainbows

I can still zip mine up and sit down in it so I'm OK for now. But I don't think I'll make it to the end of March. I've already gained 19 pounds and it's going to get worse from here. (I think I'm just one of those who gain and gain over pregnancy)

I've been lucky and still only gained 5/6 lbs.... But it's all belly, so my coat is tight right around the middle ;)

My belly pictures show huge growth, it's crazy. Lol.

My ob office generally gives me a requisition and either say any lab I choose, or call this number to book... I've on,y had to book my 20 week scan so far, as all of my first trimester stuff was at the clinic.

Me too. :( For me, Round 2 is hitting harder than Round 1. I had just gotten some sore cramps and a bit of an 'off' stomach but now I'm getting the cramps and food passing right through me. No throwing up at least. I'm still getting intense pregnancy cravings that are hard to resist but this time my stomach is putting up enough of a fight that the bug (and common sense) is winning. I had a pizza at lunch. HUGE mistake. Now I'm trying to be gentle with chicken broth and plain bread. Boring but at least I"m not starving or aggravating my sickness.

And last night I was able to buy some used clothes from a friend. For $20 I got a huge sack-full. I still need to get things like socks, bibs and I'll definitely need more clothes but this is a good start especially combined with the gender neutral stuff I had from DS. :thumbup:

Yuck on the bug :/

That's exciting about the clothes!! We've had one bag of hand me downs so far but have been told by several friends/ family they have some for us.

I love buying brand new but it is nice to have been able to save some money. It's easy to forget just how much you need and how all the little costs add up. DS was a puker so I needed loads of bodysuits and sleepers otherwise I would have been doing laundry non-stop. I still had too many outfits for him though. Outfits you don't need a lot of. Just the sleepers and onesies.

99 days! Getting close now. I had my first dream about labor last night.

So sorry about you guys being sick. I was sick over Christmas and New Year's. I know how bad it can be.

So does everyone have their names picked out?

Yes, we had our girl's name picked out after our first m/c back last fall. We're going with Hannah.:cloud9: I'm still waffling a little on the middle name. Originally I had wanted Morgan but for the past few months I have been stuck on Faith. DH thinks we should go with Faith since I keep going back to it but sometimes I wonder if my first instincts were correct. I don't know. Morgan was the middle name we would have used for the baby I lost last fall (I just felt that one was a girl). I'll probably stick with Faith.

We did have a boy's name picked out too so we have something to fall back on just in case the u/s was wrong. Bradley Luke.

Yay for less than 100 days!!!

We actually picked out a boy and a girls name when our niece was born 4 years ago!! Decided if we still liked them when the time came then it was meant to be :)

Boy: Asher Dean
Girl: Lily May

Ironically the boy name is my DH initials and the girl name are my initials. Total fluke!!! Lol

Since the scan said boy we have two back up names

Isaak
Elijah

Still working on middle names to go with those. :)

We aren't telling people IRL until baby is born. We want the element of something surprise and also incase we change our minds :). DH is worried that Asher won't suit the baby although we've already started calling him by name at home :)

I'm also sewing a pillow cover with his name and we are doing wooden letters for his room. Lol

My cousin and his wife just had a baby on Thursday and named him Asher James. Asher is a great name! Hannah is a beautiful name!

We puck out a boys name like right away but the girls name took a bit longer to come up with and it just so happens we are having a girl...
Arya Rose

Incase we have a boy: Rhys Donald

Sorry if I'm repeating this not sure if I've already said but we have decided on Nancy Patricia, hopefully the us isn't wrong as we have a wooden name carved already, and some other bits with her initials and name on!!

We decided on Frank for a boy but no middle name xx

These are all great names! When we chose Asher 4 years ago it was quite rare.... However it seems to be much more popular now :/. Oh well, we love it so yep. Lol

For our boy we chose Avery James and already have a Logan Dean. For a girl if we ever have one we chose Hailey Mae :)

So, I saw a scan pic the other day on the internet that looked like Avery's but the penis ended up being cord and she was all girl when born! :shock:

Darlin I've heard a few stories of babies being girls when thought boys. More common than the opposite ;). A student where I work had this happen only a few years ago.

In our case the technician saw the boy features twice. Once during the scan and again when she showed us. Said she was 95% sure. Not 100% because that's impossible. Lol. So were pretty confident boy. Also his heart rate has been 140 every time. Another indicator. Girls tend to be 150+

See I don't give much though to the hr theory because DS was 150+ until the end when it usually slows down a little as they get bigger.

I find the whole gender being wrong thing scary. DH thinks I'm silly for thinking it could even hapen :haha:

I worry about it simply because of a lot of hand me down clothes, and blankets, and personalized stuff will be terrible if it's a girl Lol.

image.jpg

A hat I made today for baby's newborn photos shoot :) planning on a second with green & white stripes :)

Cute! I worry about it too because we have a ton of boy stuff from DS and we aren't really buying/saving for much extra because we don't need it. We have plenty of gender neutral for the 1st few months but that just wouldn't be much fun :haha:

Yeah, we made a point to paint both rooms a neutral green and register for very neutral "big items" with the intention of not buying more. But all the little stuff (stuff that will likely need replacing) is boy. Lol.

Plus all of the boy and name specific crafty stuff. Lol

I am really loving everyone's name choices! So cute!

I find it REALLY annoying how much of the big-ticket items have a gender theme. I mean, who wants to buy a new everything for the next baby??? I actually had a difficult time finding items such as strollers, playpens, car seats, etc that were gender neutral. Our stroller with matching infant car seat is teal and grey so I think that works. Our playpen is a boring brown but it works. I have a bouncer seat that is a royal blue with a giant cartoon zebra on it (so cute) and our exersaucer is Baby Einstein. And our diaper bag is black with a teal blue circular pattern.

Speaking of diaper bags, I am wondering if I will need a second or not. Right now it's looking like DS will not be potty-trained by the time this LO arrives. When we have day-outs in the city I pack that bag full already. I can't imagine having to pack for two. :dohh: And I'm not sure I want to lug around TWO big bags either. The thought of having to buy a new, bigger (and more expensive) diaper bag is not one I relish. This will take some creative problem solving....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->