2014 May Rainbows

I found most big items easy to find gender neutral... We either went with black or grey or brown/ taupe stuff... It's the smaller stuff thats either pink or blue...soothers, blankets, clothing, etc. it's boring, but we can use it all again and dress it up with accessories. We are doing a forest theme in the nursery so we looked for a lot of brown and light green stuff....

I am glad you had an easier time than I did. I just remember getting very frustrated walking around Babies R Us when doing my registry for my son. I ended up having to look around at other stores to find some of the things I wanted in gender neutral.

Saying that, it is harder now to find gender neutral clothing. We did find out the gender and we don't want more children after this so it doesn't matter for me but I still know people who stay Team Yellow and it is super tough to go shopping for them. At least, here in Manitoba, people seem to do baby showers AFTER the baby is born so it doesn't really matter. People thought I was SO WEIRD for having my shower before DS was born. Whenever I explained it was so we were ready and we'd have the things we needed before the baby got here. But they would always say "but yeah...but what if something happened?" Gee, thanks. And what if your baby dies of crib death? Maybe we should wait to buy you stuff until your baby is a year? It's called crossing that bridge when you get there.:dohh:

That's so dumb starry. I know here a lot of the gender neutral stuff has to be ordered online. I find more that way. I hate a bunch of light blues for boys. I like the bright colors like reds, greens and orange. I have to shop online for most of them. The stores only seem to stock boy or girl items and I can't shop. I feel like it makes my GD worse :(

Agree gender neutral is too rare. It's been such a pain being team yellow in that regard. How can bright colors not be for everyone? But somehow they make them so...

We lucked out with a brown stroller that I'm sure will also hide the dirt well. But hesitant to buy anything else. Also thinking about doing a sip and see since a shower isn't really appropriate for a third...I like idea of baby being there. But I also don't know if I'll end up with a section and might not feel up to it for quite a while.

Have started to plan the big room swap at home. It will be a pain since son will be moving down two floors and his furniture is solid wood and heavy. Will probably try to get some of it done during his winter break.

We thought of doing a sip and see but just seemed like a big hassle trying to get everyone together since they are all so far away. What we will do is have a small cookout for my family here at our house and then go to the inlaws for a weekend and do a small cookout there I think. I doubt anyone would want to come to a sip and see anyway as everything always seems like a such a hassle to them. Plus DS will have a birthday soon after I will have to plan for.

We had to request the baby shower for before the birth too.... We also wanted to be prepared and have everything ready... So I'll be about 34 1/2 weeks at the shower and have 1-2 weeks left of work... I'll will then have time to wash and put everything away :). We also need time to purchase any essentials that we don't receive. Do not want to be doing that with a newborn,,, also if I end up with a CS I wouldn't be able to get out much for a few weeks.... Makes so much more senses to have the shower before.... We are thinking of having a 'cover meet baby' drop in when he's 4-6 weeks old. Basically, an open invite for people to stop in and meet him... Otherwise it'll just be as we see people they can meet him....

Growing up in Ontario I've ALWAYS gone to showers before the baby was born. They were usually held when the mom was 8, almost 9 months pregnant so the odds of something "going wrong" really were minimal. Mine was a bit earlier simply because we were moving away before that time. I think I knew one girl whose family would hold the shower after the baby was born. My SiL's family hosts them before but invites the men which my brother hates because he finds them so boring. ha ha

I've thought about having an "open house" for this baby but I'm still unsure how this baby is going to arrive. It'll probably be VBAC but you never know until you're actually in the moment. And I tend to like to recover from things in private. I'm not a natural social butterfly so having loads of people over when I'm tired and bleeding would probably stress me out. I'll just take her to church and let people coo over her then.

I just ordered my first ever cloth diaper! I got a size 2 for DS so he can try it out and I can decide if I want to order more for Avery or not :)

Hubby got to feel the baby for the first time tonight! What a great moment!

Aw, that really is so special. I'm glad he finally got to feel the baby! I think moments like that really help the man connect to the baby and realize this is really happening.

afm - V-day in 2 more hours. I just want to cross that milestone!!

Darlin- that's so exciting, enjoy :)

Schultzie- yay!!! It's nice when someone else (especially DH) can share in the fun :)

Starry- almost there :).

AFM saw the OB Tuesday. All is well! Baby was very active and actually kicked the Doppler away! OB felt baby do it! Lol. Got my glucose test requisition too :/. He wants me to do it the week that I'm 28 weeks. Then I see him the week after. And then it's every two weeks!!! Crazy!!!

I guess we are getting close to the point where we are seen every 2 weeks. I hate these 4 week waits. It's too long to be left to worry and make up worst-case scenarios....at least for me. I'm a neurotic freak at times. ha ha Anyways, good luck with your gestational diabetes screening.

My next appointment is on Valentine's Day. I'll be getting my iron and other blood levels checked. My OB had said I'd be getting my gestational diabetes screening at the following appointment. I am assuming it will still be the 4 week wait.

V-day!! :)

Happy V- DAY!!! What a great feeling :).

Yeah, I was expecting a couple of 3 week stretches for appointments but I go on march 4 and then every 2 weeks until 36 weeks. I'll be 29 weeks march 4th so who knows??!! Lol

We start prenatal classes on march 18th too (my first 2 week appointment). Crazy!! And April 4th is the shower!! Stuffs really moving now :)

I am hoping the 2 week appointments will help speed things up for me. I am tired of things dragging.

Though my mom made the point the other day that things are probably dragging for me because I was pregnant twice in the year leading up to this current pregnancy so I've essentially been pregnant since September 2012 and still no baby.

I have one more appt next week (28wks) and then I go every 2wks :shock: I can't believe I will be 3rd tri tomorrow! :happydance: I know i should start preparing for baby but I feel so reluctant. I don't know what his position will be like or anything so Idk if it will be a scheduled cs or not. That all will change how I pack my bag and things. I can't wait for taxes to come back so we can go on a baby shopping spree :haha:

I think once you ladies get past the glucose test you will feel different. Idk why but that felt like a huge milestone for me and an "oh, crap 2nd tri is about over" feeling :haha: At 28wks you will be 3rd tri! :D

I need to go get my thyroid tested at some point today. I am DREADING it tho because there is so much snow and ice and it's cold. I really don't want to take DS out in it. Plus I have to pump gas in the cold...blech! If we do go out I may swing by the store and pick up a belly band so we can start walking at the rec center. I've read keeping active and walking will help prevent a breech baby. Finger's crossed!

Yay! So awesome! That is the best feeling seeing their faces light up when they feel their child.

AFM saw the OB Tuesday. All is well! Baby was very active and actually kicked the Doppler away! OB felt baby do it! Lol. Got my glucose test requisition too :/. He wants me to do it the week that I'm 28 weeks. Then I see him the week after. And then it's every two weeks!!! Crazy!!!

Awesome, glad everything is great :) I am doing my glucose today! I am nervous since everyone says that it sucks lol. I cannot wait until the every 2 week appts!

I guess we are getting close to the point where we are seen every 2 weeks. I hate these 4 week waits. It's too long to be left to worry and make up worst-case scenarios....at least for me. I'm a neurotic freak at times. ha ha Anyways, good luck with your gestational diabetes screening.

My next appointment is on Valentine's Day. I'll be getting my iron and other blood levels checked. My OB had said I'd be getting my gestational diabetes screening at the following appointment. I am assuming it will still be the 4 week wait.

V-day!! :)

Happy V day!!!! That is so awesome, so happy! I HATE the 4 week waits… I see my OB on monday and it has been 6 WEEKS!!!!! Ugh, I have been so on edge the entire time. Especially since I have started having the freaking wonderful terrifying braxton hicks that scare me half to death since I am essentially new to all of this.

I have one more appt next week (28wks) and then I go every 2wks :shock: I can't believe I will be 3rd tri tomorrow! :happydance: I know i should start preparing for baby but I feel so reluctant. I don't know what his position will be like or anything so Idk if it will be a scheduled cs or not. That all will change how I pack my bag and things. I can't wait for taxes to come back so we can go on a baby shopping spree :haha:

I think once you ladies get past the glucose test you will feel different. Idk why but that felt like a huge milestone for me and an "oh, crap 2nd tri is about over" feeling :haha: At 28wks you will be 3rd tri! :D

I need to go get my thyroid tested at some point today. I am DREADING it tho because there is so much snow and ice and it's cold. I really don't want to take DS out in it. Plus I have to pump gas in the cold...blech! If we do go out I may swing by the store and pick up a belly band so we can start walking at the rec center. I've read keeping active and walking will help prevent a breech baby. Finger's crossed!

Yay! Happy 3rd tri! My phone app says 27 weeks is 3rd tri, but I have read that 28 weeks is 3rd tri which makes more sense. That is how I hope I feel after today's glucose test… I have hated 2nd tri. Longest ever. Filled with so many fears for me. I hope 3rd tri brings some joy! What kind of belly band will you be getting? I have one, but it doesn't work all that great and adds more pressure to my lady bits, so I have not used it. Gavin is breech right now, so I get all the kicks to my kooka and it does not feel good! I feel like a foot will just poke right through! :wacko: Hope your thyroid test goes well!

Sorry I have been missing. I have been struggling a lot with anxiety, school, and just a lot of other things. I have been very disconnected from everyone in my life lately and have just felt very hopeless and I feel bad that I am not enjoying this pregnancy one bit. :cry:
My vagina hurts 24/7, I have SO MUCH PRESSURE down there and they have checked and say my cervix is great, no worries. I have been to L&D 2x because of thinking I was contracting, I have thought I lost my mucus plug like 25 times since I was 15 weeks, my right side of my pubic bone BURNS like on fire, the baby has flipped inside and I can BARELY feel him anymore so I get terrified thinking he died, and last time I went to L&D, he was sooooo low that his whole body was like engaged! (not really, or else they would have worried). I just want him to move up, he has seemed to a little bit, but he is just not very active and it scares me half to death that something could be wrong :cry::cry::cry:

And I wanted to go to a Pepper show tonight and I can't cause I can barely stand up for longer than 30 minutes without feeling like my precious boy will fall right through. I told DH that this is the only child we are ever having. I am an only child and I always said "Oh, I will never do that, blah blah" but this has been the most nerve wracking experience of my life. I cannot imagine losing him.

So sorry for all the negativity! I feel better getting that all out. I just never thought that pregnancy would be so scary for me. I have a friend that LOVES being pregnant and I am so jealous.

Now on happy notes, we are in escrow for our townhouse, and I have 7 weeks left of school before maternity leave! Which means he will be here shortly after that. :happydance: I hope you all have a great day :)

Ladies doing your glucose test afterwards make sure you eat a good meal and keep snacking because if you don't you will crash and it is awful. You get shaky and feel weak when all that stuff leaves your system in shock :thumbup:

MrsGax I wouldn't worry too much about the high/low effecting his position too much. DS was pretty high and he was breech. I felt all his movements pretty high and no pressure down there. I don't have pressure there this time either and I get kicks from my bum to my ribs. At this point they are ever changing floating around everywhere. Try a belly support band. I've heard that can't help a ton for babies that like to sit low :) I'm thinking of getting one for when I'm active because my belly tightens up so bad from the extra weight.

Ladies doing your glucose test afterwards make sure you eat a good meal and keep snacking because if you don't you will crash and it is awful. You get shaky and feel weak when all that stuff leaves your system in shock :thumbup:

MrsGax I wouldn't worry too much about the high/low effecting his position too much. DS was pretty high and he was breech. I felt all his movements pretty high and no pressure down there. I don't have pressure there this time either and I get kicks from my bum to my ribs. At this point they are ever changing floating around everywhere. Try a belly support band. I've heard that can't help a ton for babies that like to sit low :) I'm thinking of getting one for when I'm active because my belly tightens up so bad from the extra weight.

I feel alllll of his movements below my belly button, like from my bum/cervix area to like below my belly button... I have had one day where he was in my ribs, and the pressure went away completely. Then he was back down. I think I need a new support band cause the one I have does not really help and just makes the pressure worse. I know exactly what you mean about the tightening when you are more active. We are almost done though, I remember when we were all super early on!

It's coming so fast! I feel so behind but I know the things I need to do won't really take more than a week to finish it all :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->