2014 May Rainbows

Hey there!! Glad your appointment went well :)
I didn't know they checked head down this early? Our LO has been head down pretty much the whole time ;) guess he likes to be upside down :)

AFM all is well. LO is getting quite strong!! Kicks can knock things (like my phone) off my belly!! Lol. Pretty much just trucking along. Excited for valentines day dinner with DH tonight :) although last night was rough. Didn't sleep much :/. Bad reflux had me sitting up till about 5 am which means waking up every hour uncomfortable :(

Hope today goes by fast!!

Yesterday we received our first item off our registry!! Had to pick up a package at purolator. Turns out it's our high chair!!! So exciting :)

We are going tomorrow to pick out some fabric for some projects for LO nursery. Super excited about that!!

Aw, sorry your heartburn was so bad last night. I hope you can enjoy your Valentine's Day anyways. And that is so exciting when the baby stuff starts coming in.

We just got our black out blinds for DS' room. And we filed our taxes so hope to get a nice return so we can get him his new mattress and painting supplies to redo his room. My mom is already working on his CARS blanket and I found a CARS light switch cover on Etsy that I want to order. Walmart also sells sheets and a McQueen lamp. I don't like to over-theme so I think that should be good. :)

And I have an appointment today. I should hurry on up and get ready as I need to leave soon. ;) Getting some blood work done today. I forget what they all test for. All I know for sure is getting my iron levels checked. GD screening is not until my next appointment.

And why am I still in triple digits??? This is taking way too long!!

Starry once you hit those doubles it will go so fast! I'm telling you ladies that gd test is such a huge milestone once you get past that it's on! :haha:

I ended up getting my requisition for my GD screening today so I can go anytime in the next 3 weeks. I don't have to schedule it ahead of time so I can just show up. I think I may go next week as I want to go to a lab closer to home but it will then take longer for my OB in the city to get the results. I'd like her to have them by my next appointment in 4 weeks.

My ob specifically said to go the week that I'm 28 weeks, then I see him the following week... Then it's every two weeks after that! And third trimester! So excited! I bought a pack is newborn diapers yesterday, just because... We plan on cloth diapering but that will start when he's big enough for the size ones.... Not buying newborn sized cloth for him to wear 2-6 weeks.... I can't believe how small they area, the package said up to 10 lbs, but holy, there's no way! I'd say 5-7 maybe 8 lbs.... Good thing it's just a pack of 25.... Be good until his cord falls off, nice and short.

Ha ha...it's amazing how little the newborns' bums are. I still have some leftover newborn diapers from DS and I pulled them out a few weeks ago and they're TINY!! My mom calls them maxi pads. :haha: He wore those for about 3 to 4 weeks. My DS took forever to really start growing but once he did he virtually exploded. He jumped through the next few sizes so quickly and became very chubby. He didn't skinny-down again until he started running around.

And I think I do have to call ahead. The instructions on the requisition aren't very clear. The instructions also say two specific glucose testing requires fasting but mine isn't marked for fasting and never mind that one test needs 8 hours and another needs 2 hours. Then underneath another set of instructions just says "fast for glucose". So I think I'm going to fast to play it safe.

Crazy! I had no instructions for mine :/

I can't believe how tiny the diapers are...omg! Lol

We bought a bunch of fabric today for all of the nursery projects! So excited :) on the list...

Name pillow
Owl pillow
Owl book ends
Bean bag seat
Two "magic bag snakes" (warm in microwave to sooth baby, prevent rolling, etc)
And any other little projects I find between now and baby's arrival. Lol

So excited!

I am not a crafty person at all but I do like to scrap book. I had made scrapbooks for DS' first two years of life so I plan to do the same for DD. Yesterday, I found a scrapbook for only $5!! That is so crazy unheard of as the average is $30 to $45. It was on clearance and it's soooo cute. I didn't want one that was plain and boring but I also didn't want the traditional "baby" one. The one I found is bright purple and has two cartoony owls on the front. The bigger owl has a bow over one ear. I found it under a stack of expensive binders so I don't know how it got there or why such a cute book was passed over to the point of going on a $5 clearance and then still being ignored. Since it was so cheap I was able to go ahead and pick up some stacks of stickers.

Scrapbooking is so expensive!! I don't have all the tools or buy all the special papers and pens and such. Sometimes I pick up stickers from the dollar store and I use a lot of regular construction paper. My layouts are not very professional looking but I have fun making them. I cut out my own speech balloons and journal squares. I write out the scrapbook commentary as if my child is narrating his/her own story. My mom did the same with the scrapbooks she had made for us. It's fun.

I do a lot of scrapbooking too :) I've made one for each neice & nefew for their first birthday. It's very fun & expensive!! I use scrapbook supplies because of the acid & lignin in regular paper/ etc. don't want the fading :) but for pens I usually buy the sharpie pens! They write so nice and are perfect!!

I do buy the scrapbooking glue and adhesive squares for the photos and I do buy some of the special paper but it depends where I buy it. At a chain store like Micheals everything is so pricey. But we have a local store that sells them at half the price. At the local store you can get a double-sided cardstock for about $1 when Micheals sells a similar product for nearly $4. I also get reward points at the local store and I get to support a family business.

Back in the day I used to use the stencils and shape-punchers and used exacto knives but now I just take scissors and make blobby shapes. It's all very amateurish but it's fun. Like I said before, I'm not crafty, so when I put all that effort in to make it look professional it comes out looking terrible and I feel badly. So I just have fun with it! :)

I tend to buy things on sale only.... Lol. It is absurd how much it costs. Our Michael's is cheaper.... Usually $1.50-2.00 for card stock, but I look for sales on the assorted packs. And I use punches and stamps as it's way cheaper than stickers! Lol. I figure so long as I have fun with it and the memories are saved that's what matters :)

We spent $80 yesterday on fabric and zippers, etc.... I freaked out thinking it was so much, but when I thought about the projects that we won't be buying, it's WAY cheaper! Lol.... Two pillow covers, plus a bean bag chair, plus the book ends alone would easily cost $100. Lol. Yay for DIY!! And it will all be custom and unique for our son :)

I'm not a scrapbooker at all and it's just too expensive I think. My stepmom enjoys it but just not my thing.

I'm super excited! I found my epo from DS pregnancy and it's still good :happydance: I've also started my rrl tea. I'm going to buy it in capsules tho because I am more likely to take it that way rather than drink the tea. I'm really feeling the herbal stuff this time around. Since I am not allowed to be induced with my vbac I am going to try everything necessary :thumbup: I also want to try some chamomile. It's supposed to help you stay calm and aid with sleep. I've been rather restless at night so I hope it helps.

I will def be taking some of this with me to the hospital!

Attachments

• Labor Oil.jpg
    Labor Oil.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 1
I've heard that about camomile. Unfortunately I can't stand the taste :/. Lavender also helps ;)

Scrapbooking is crazy expensive!!! I just do one special one for each neice/ nefew for their first birthday. Otherwise I cut a lot of corners. Lol. I like to buy photo albums and mix photos with journaling. It's more than just pictures but not as decorative as scrapbooking. I might add a few touches here and there but that's it.

Question :: can't remember if I've asked before... Anyone else having neck & shoulder pain with headaches?? Mine has slowly increased to pretty much daily :( very frustrating!! Any suggestions to receive other than meds? I'm taking tylonol when it's really bad but it's really bad almost everyday so many days are long and painful without meds :(. Thinking if going to my gp as I don't see the OB for another 2 weeks and it's hard to get in additional times.

Sunny I plan on using the capsules. I'm so over drinking things :haha: I just can't keep up on that stuff.

I would try finding some light stretching exercises and also look into seeing a chiropractor. It could help get you aligned better so you are carry your weight differently. It's also great to keep your pelvis aligned for delivery ;)

Interesting recipe for labour oil. I hope it works for you!

I'm still not emotionally attached to the type of birth I have so if I don't go into labour on my own I won't be sad if I miss out on my VBAC. I am hoping that if I do have to go through the whole labour aspect that it will be on time. I started early labour on my exact due date and had DS 4 days later so I hope his little sister is just as punctual.

The scrapbooks I did for DS were the first I've done in YEARS. I only did the second one to help cope with my depression after my losses. I guess in the future I may do books for really special occasions. Lately I've been doing photobooks. I call them the lazy girl's scrapbook! LOL They can be pricey too though, depending on the size. I usually save my Pamper's rewards points to get free books. Just pay for shipping. :) And now Shutterfly routinely sends me codes for free photo prints as well. Even with shipping it's still cheaper than getting them done at Walmart. Better quality too.

I love scrapbooking! But yes it is expensive! I actually started one for baby. I want everyone at the shower to write a wish for baby. I put all my ultrasound pics in it too.

That's a lovely idea, schultzie! I am hoping my sister will take a bump photo of me to put in my scrapbook. I didn't get any ultrasound pics to keep so I want some sort of memento of the pregnancy.

My mom usually sends packs of stickers in the care packages she sends out to us. :) I'm going to have to start raiding the dollar stores to see if I can find some as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->