2014 May Rainbows

I've been keeping a photo journal through this pregnancy. Every week DH and I update our chalkboard. Then take a photo. Then I write on a plain cue card what's happening that week. Both with baby and in our lives :). Ice also been photographing the fruit of each week to put with the pictures. So each week has a 4 photo page. Lol. Of course I've got our scan pictures and nursery in progress pictures etc in there too. Got the album at Walmart for $5-10 so the big cost is printing the photos. I will take it with me to the shower with Dj e blank cue cards for people to leave messages. It's super quick each week too! About 15 mins to update the chalkboard and write the cue card :)

I was all fancy with it last time where we did a profile of the belly in the same outfit every couple of weeks. I just can't get into all of that this time :dohh: I think i was the excitement of the whole pregnancy thing being new. Something I for sure won't be doing is the 3d scan. I HATED it with DS. Thought it was ugly and felt they did an awful job. Left feeling like it was such a waste of money.

Yeah I highly doubt we'd be doing the weekly photos with any future pregnancies. lol. Maybe monthly. I've also heard that the 3d scan is not worth the cost. We decided that for any pregnancy if they can't tell us at our regular scan the gender then we would do the 3d.

3-d is too expensive otherwise I think I'd do it. McMaster let us view a 3-d image of my son but I didn't ask for a print out (was too shy as it was technically a medical exam). It was pretty neat. He had looked ALOT like one of my newborn photos.

I never made a big deal with bump photos as I always found them kind of cheesey and I wasn't allowed to stand often enough to do them. I do like having photos of me pregnant but nothing official. My sister gave me a nice print of a candid she took when I was 8 months pregnant.

Part of it has been the fact I don't really like being pregnant so I don't really feel the need to celebrate it (other than that my baby is coming!) :haha:

Speaking of bump pics :)

Idk why bnb turned it sideways

Attachments

• mms_picture (14).jpg
    mms_picture (14).jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 3
Nice bump Darlin!! BnB turns mine sideways too :/

I've enjoyed some aspects about pregnancy. I think in the beginning the weekly photos helped me with progress. After two losses I needed something positive. I've never seen a picture of my mother pregnant and wish there was one around. Next time we will just do the 9 monthly photos but who knows. Lol

In the beginning every Monday was a blessing and it was our way to celebrate :). Now we just celebrate our 'trimesterversarries' lol.

Yeah, there aren't many photos of my mom pregnant either. The only one I can think of was a family photo taken at my grandparents' the Christmas before I was born (she would have been about 7 1/2 months pregnant). There is also a photo of her on her due date with my sister when a whole bunch of our friends and their families went to the zoo and they took a group photo. Yes, she went to the zoo on her due date. :haha: She was hoping it would trigger labour but sis still came 2 weeks late.

I think back in the 80s pregnancy was still the 'elephant in the room' no one in proper circles talked about. Maternity clothes were still essentially giant tent dresses. My grandmother is so scandalized by maternity clothes today because it shows off the bumps. You aren't supposed to see them! lol There is a photo of my mom standing by me when she would have been about 6 months with my brother but her maternity outfit was so thick and billowy that you can't even tell (and she showed huge and right away like I do).

Finally peeking in here this pregnancy, now that I'm feeling a bit braver. 2nd rainbow baby here... following the path of my mom (who had a mc before me and one after me as well). :hugs:

I also want to try some chamomile. It's supposed to help you stay calm and aid with sleep. I've been rather restless at night so I hope it helps.

When I was pregnant with my Logan (love that you have one as well!), I found chamomile very calming in my last few weeks. It helped with the late 3rd tri insomnia that kept trying to creep in on me. I've found that I prefer chamomile with honey just to make it a bit more drinkable.

As to whether it'll really help with starting labor... can't help you there. I'd have a cup at night almost every night for the last 2-3 weeks, but that's not really much to start anything.

Finally peeking in here this pregnancy, now that I'm feeling a bit braver. 2nd rainbow baby here... following the path of my mom (who had a mc before me and one after me as well). :hugs:

I also want to try some chamomile. It's supposed to help you stay calm and aid with sleep. I've been rather restless at night so I hope it helps.

When I was pregnant with my Logan (love that you have one as well!), I found chamomile very calming in my last few weeks. It helped with the late 3rd tri insomnia that kept trying to creep in on me. I've found that I prefer chamomile with honey just to make it a bit more drinkable.

As to whether it'll really help with starting labor... can't help you there. I'd have a cup at night almost every night for the last 2-3 weeks, but that's not really much to start anything.

Welcome! :wave: Yeah, I don't think it's supposed to help with labor. I was just wanting to start some to help me sleep a little better at night. I feel like I wake so much at night and not just to pee :haha:

I love chamomile tea. I find it truly soothing especially in regards to my anxiety. It's not my favourite flavour so I usually only drink it when I'm feeling really panicky or am sick. Rooibos (red bush) tea really helps when my IBS is flaring up. That's my favourite.

You can get it in capsules :) That's what I plan on doing. I am doing that for my raspberry leaf too. Tea makes me have to pee too much :haha:

Perhaps I will try with honey! I love green tea with honey, mmmmm....

I'm the same with waking up, not always to pee :/. Perhaps once maybe twice to pee, sometimes just uncomfortable... And I often have trouble getting back to sleep :(

Normally I am such a great sleeper! Quick to fall asleep, and rarely wake up...lol guess those days are OVER!! :dohh:

You will never soundly sleep ever again! :rofl: No matter how well LO sleeps lol

Well I have my doctor appointment today to discuss my back & neck pain resulting in headaches. Wish me luck!!

Good Luck Sunny!

We have an ultrasound this afternoon. checking placenta, cervix and baby :thumbup:

Good luck to you both! Let us know how everything goes. I have a doctors appointment tomorrow.

Hey ladies! Appointment went well. Apparently I have a strained neck muscles due to my changing centre of gravity. That's what's causing the pain & headaches. So I have a note for physio and acupuncture. The physio will help correct my neck posture to compensate for the weight & gravity shift. The acupuncture is to take the strain off the nerves. And since my doctor likes me and is super nice she added in massage therapy so my insurance will pay for it ;)

Apparently I don't need to change anything at work but I talked to my boss and she said she would rather adjust my duties to keep me until mat leave as opposed to having my leave early due to difficulty managing :). So likely my work load will ease starting next week :D. Super excited about that ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->