2014 May Rainbows

Darlin - :happydance: to no more previa! I'm glad it sorted itself out relatively early so you can still have high hopes for your VBAC!

Sunny - glad the doctor was able to find out a cause for your neck pains and that your manager is willing to work alongside you. It's encouraging to see a boss look at the bigger picture for once. And also, you can have as much mat leave afterwards to spend with your baby!

afm - not much going on. Waiting for the GD screening. I really hope I don't need an appointment as all my efforts to get through to the lab have been in vain. But if I recall my OB's words she said to go to any one of the labs. She didn't say anything about an appointment. So I don't know why the instructions say to do that. I may call her office just to make sure.

Darlin- great news!!!

Starry- I know here that some labs make appointments and some don't :/ I didn't get any instructions for my gd test :S

This morning as I was lying in bed I felt my baby bulge through my belly and I cupped the little bump in my hands. It felt like I was cradling her. :cloud9: She eventually gave me a little kick so I think I was cupping her wee little bum. ha ha

Starry that's so sweet!

I've been playing with LO. I push around until I find him. Give him a nudge and he pushes back :). So surreal! DH feels him all the time now, guess he's big enough!

I can usually tell if it's his hand or foot pushing back too!

So frustrated today. Mil has had me busting my ass and totally overdoing it. From the moment we woke up (me and DS DH was at work) at 9am she has had me doing chores. I helped paint the closet (I wanted to), carry the paint can up and down stairs, carrying overflowing baskets of laundry upstairs to be put away on top of chasing DS around. I keep saying I hurt but since she used to be an L&D nurse she keeps poking my belly saying it's not contractions even tho it's tight as fuck and now I'm getting pains in my vagina. I didn't even get to sit down after dinner :( I went and rinsed some of the dishes and was about to get DS down from his chair so I could relax a bit and she immediately gives me more laundry and things to take upstairs and put away.

Um, why is MIL telling you what to do in YOUR house? I'd be like, I'll get to it when I get to it.... You don't like it, then you're welcome to leave.... That's terrible!

We invited them to come help out before the baby comes and I honestly didn't think I'd have to do this much. I thought I'd just be watching DS and working on some things I had that I wanted to work on. Normally she will put the clothes in the bedroom and then I just pop them in the dresser or wherever. She has gone cleaning/organizing insane and since DH isn't here I am being pulled 6 diff ways by BOTH of them and DS. It's horrible.

Personally, it's your house.... I'd put my foot down! Good luck with the rest of the visit :)

It'd be different if DH was here. He wouldn't let this happen but I can't be rude or it will cause problems. He will be tomorrow tho and I bet he will not be happy if it continues.

So sorry Darlin! Maybe just tell her you need a brake?... I passed my glucose test! Doctor told me today that my iron level was a little low and told me to start taking a supplement. Maybe that's why I have been so tired... Otherwise she said everything looked good!

Darlin, so sorry about your MIL... that is not okay. She needs to stop being dumb. I hate when they say they are coming to help you and then make you do all the work. Ugh. In laws.

schultzie, congrats on passing GD test! I also have to take an extra iron supplement, it seems to be helping so far. Hopefully it gives you more energy

Yay for passing glucose tests!

I have mine on Monday.... Then ob the Tuesday after.... Fingers crossed for good news :)

Darlin - I'm sorry your MiL bullied you into doing too much today. It really wasn't fair or right of her. I really think some people forget how hard pregnancy can be.

schultzie - congrats on passing the GD test!

Sunny - good luck with your test on Monday!

afm - I should be going for mine on Tuesday. DH suddenly remembered he has an obligation just after noon but we had already made plans with our friends in the city. I hope we work something out!

Good luck Starry :) I'm
Sure you'll work it out :)

I'm worried that my gd test is on the day I reach 28 weeks, as in if for whatever reason it doesn't happen that day I'm really pushing getting it done in time. Ob told me to go this week, but I have to consider work and when it's possible to go.

I'm a SaHM but I have to work my schedule around DH's work. My few journeys into the city on my own always have something disastrous happen. The stroller gets jammed, one time the door froze shut and now that I'm huge and in pain most of the time I could not imagine having to chase DS around. He normally is tearing the OB's office apart and that is with DH there.

Had my GD test yesterday and it seemed to go without a hitch. I hope I don't get any calls back! Though I'm more concerned about my iron levels than anything. I'm always so tired and lethargic. It hurts to think.

I think the whole tired and lethargic thing is just a normal pg symptom :haha: Like right now I am counting the minutes until nap time here so I can get a nap in too!

Just found out my insurance company covers a breast pump! I just have to wait until the baby is born to get it.

I found out at my gd test my iron levels were a little low. I just have to take a supplement once a day. I do feel less tired. So maybe that's all you will have to do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->