2014 May Rainbows

Well I'm having another scan Monday. I had a low hormone in early pregnancy which can indicate a less than perfect placenta. Apparently there is concern that it could fail before EDD. So more scans to monitor incase we need to deliver early :/. I think this baby is destined to come before his time!! Lol

Otherwise all good :).

So next week I only work Monday morning, then Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and DONE!!

darlin - how do you feel about pineapple? I think you'd have to eat an entire pineapple in one sitting to really affect things though. lol

sunny - I never heard that about low hormones. How low is low? I'm not really concerned for myself though. At 5 weeks my hcg was a little over 15 000. Just curious, I suppose. If it really is an issue you'd think testing hcg in the beginning would be more standard. Good luck with your scan on Monday. And hooray to work almost being done!

afm - feeling mostly better today. But around lunch I was showing DS my belly and once again explaining there was a baby in there. He was patting my belly when the patting suddenly turned into slapping and I think he hurt something. I've been aching ever since. Not in a contraction sort of way but in a flu-ish pinching sort of way. Must have smacked my already squished organs.

I had pineapple like a week ago and nothing lol we are having a couch potato night with a bunch of random snacks/foods. Going to try some pineapple, something spicy and then maybe even a glass of red wine? It's like the one thing I haven't tried that shouldn't have a horrible effect on me like diarrhea or something. He is def nice and low tho.

Starry Dh taught DS to head butt him and that's their thing. We'll now he head butts my belly!!!

Starry- it's not hcg hormone. It's PAP-A hormone which is tested standard in Canada. I'm not sure what the levels are but my OB mentioned it at our first appointment at 17 weeks but said not to worry about it. Then he mentioned it again when I started at the diabetes clinic as he said he would review the scan results. And now that blood sugar is very well controlled and baby is normal size I don't need anymore scans for diabetes he said then he would be ordering them to monitor baby's growth, etc. crazy.

I did some research
and it's more common with the following factors :

Over 35 years (I'm turning 34 in a week)
Low placenta close to cervix (which I have)
And other less common issues like blood or immune disorders (I have an immune disorder).

So it's not overly common. I'm just one of the lucky ones :) lol

Either way being 35 weeks on Monday means that even if baby's growth slowed enough to warrent early delivery he should still be fine :)

Maybe a week or two in NICU. But he's got to be over 5 lbs by now (was 4lbs 5ozs two and a half weeks ago) so all good ;)

On another note DH and I are exchanging some duplicate gifts tomorrow and exchanging some hooded towels that have a hole. Then picking up what we need for the 3 hospital bags. So excited!! I know it's a bit early but with the possible early delivery I want to be ready. So packing our bags at 35 weeks :)

I've sorted ALL of the baby laundry and have 3-5 loads to do, not including cloth diapers. DH wants to wait to purchase those after baby is born. I said I'd rather get than sooner so I can have them ready but he's insisting. I think he hopes I'll change my mind :/. We agreed to disposables for the first 2-6 weeks depending on baby's size (cloth don't fit well until 8-10 lbs depending on baby's build) and to ease into having a new born. Oh well. More work for me after birth :/

I've got a selection of cloth diapers picked out that should get us from new born to potty training that will cost $380 after tax. Plus the $20 I've spent on wash cloths for wipes. I thnk that's pretty good considering the average family spend $100-$125 per month on disposable :) and these can be used for all of our children and if in good condition sold afterward.

Anywho we shall see what happens :)

30 days til due date!!! I can't wait! As most of you had said I am getting very comfortable!

Sunny baby prob won't be in cloth got a while esp if they are running small anyway. My friend had her lo at36wks and she was like 6lbs something and it took them a good month to get her in cloth and it was a special size I think.

Yeah. The regular cloth diapers day 8lbs but from what others say it's more like 10lbs. I'd just like to have them prepped. You have to wash the 3-5 times before using. Once baby comes that becomes much more difficult :)

I finally broke and took some pictures. I love them :D

Attachments

• small.jpg
    small.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 7
Darlin that's a beautiful photo :). DH and I are planning to have some couple ones done at a basic photo studio in the next week or two (like Sears) and then he will take some more intimate ones at home :)

I love this pose :)

We paid for them with DS and got some great ones but I just don't want to pay a bunch for them again. I want to wait until after Avery is here and get some family ones done. I will be taking Avery's newborn pictures :)

schultize - wow, you're getting really close too! :)

darlin - lovely photo.

I should probably have DH take a nice bump photo for me. "Selfies" in the mirror don't have quite the same effect. I want something nice for the scrapbook I'm going to make. DH is not much of a photographer but hopefully I can get him to cooperate and let me set something up.

I just set up my tripod and used the self timer an turned it black and white on my computer :thumbup:

I didn't think about the self timer. Good idea :)

We plan on revisiting the same studio for family photos, but DH and I are both very familiar with photography and photo editing (he's a graphic designer and I took photography in school) so we plan on doing the new born photos. We are looking for a tie though, as we have tie stickers for the monthly photos for the first year and I want to do a photo I saw with baby nude except for a tie hiding his boy parts. :). Haven't been able to find any so far :/

I'm super grumpy tonight. Nothing is going right. Went to dinner for our anniversary. Only got to eat half my dinner. Was contracting the whole time and uncomfortable.got to 10 min apart but stopped once we got home. Went to go eat my leftovers and they didn't send my sauce for my lobster and steak when they boxed it so I can't eat it now. I can't get comfortable, back is killing me. I'm so over all this.

Darlin that sucks :(

Darlin, Hope tomorrow goes better for you...

I've started getting really tight and sore at night (bump and lower back). Guessing it's Braxton hicks?? I have to sit and relax for a bit for it to stop. And the aching and swelling in my legs is terrible.... Can't sleep some nights... The next 5 weeks are gonna be long :/

Darlin I feel the same! We went out tonight for our anniversary too and my OH wasn't feeling well so it wasn't a good time. He has no clue how bad I feel most of the time but I try to seem happy at least while we were out for our anniversary. Just wish he understood how miserable I feel most of the time now.

DH is pretty good at understanding now that we are so close. He was there when they checked me and he knows how shocked they were at my progression so he knows it's coming soon. Going in again tomorrow morning and hoping maybe all this discomfort has at least pushed a little further along or he's better engaged. Something at least would be nice. He's been nesting :haha: Making sure to help clean up after us. He gets up in the morning and the first thing he does is makes sure the kitchen is spotless and DS's toys are all picked up. It's pretty funny. As long as I keep taking care of DS and cooking he doesn't seem to mind giving the extra help. He knows I just can't keep up anymore.

Have been out of touch this week because...I had my baby!

Julian Isaac was born on April 8 at midnight last Monday. He weighed 6 lbs 11oz and was 19 in long. We're in love.

Labor wasn't too long. Water broke at 6pm but contractions weren't regular or painful until about 8:30. I got my vbac, yay, and was home from hospital less than 2 days later.

Life is crazy now but there's nothing in the world like holding your newborn in your arms.

Attachments

• julian hands 4.8.14.jpg
    julian hands 4.8.14.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 1
  • julian 12 hrs.jpg
    julian 12 hrs.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 1
Wooohooo! Huge Congratulations Mony Mony!!! :happydance: :wohoo: :bunny:

There's hope for me yet! :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.