2014 May Rainbows

Lost a nice chunk of my plug since coming home :)

Crazy that we are getting to this point already! We've all made it so far :D

What is a -2 station? And my DS was born 4 days after I started losing my plug so maybe your LO is on his way! So exciting to think our babies are getting ready to arrive. Of course, I still have a ways to go. I don't want her coming any sooner than 38 weeks so 5 more weeks before I will start to labour watch.

https://promotion.medicalillustration.com/imagescooked/6463W.jpgI like the picture in our book we got at that class but basically this shows it. 0 is fully engaged and the instructor said they like you to be at a +1 before pushing. So basically just means he is getting into position :thumbup:

Wow. Getting close! :)

My LO will feel like she's getting into position but then she'll wiggle back out.

How funny would it be if he decided to come on our anniversary on Sunday :haha: They don't seem concerned at all with him coming anytime now. They think he is doing well and if he comes early so be it. They really want to let nature take its course with me since we are a vbac.

Your so close to full term I'm sure it'll be great!!! How exciting Darlin!!! I guess you'll be the first to deliver from the May group, although looks like you'll have an April baby ;)

We had a lovely baby shower on the weekend :). So many friends & family came to celebrate!

We received mostly cloths and a handful of things off our registry. On the plus side, it means I can actually start buying things now without DH having a fit! Lol. He was so concerned I would but stuff and then we would receive everything off our registry. Yeah right!!

So we have some spending up do :/ looking for deals or cheaper versions of items originally registered for... Already picked up some bottles for cheaper!!

People tend not to like to buy off the registry because it is often the "boring" stuff like bibs and towels and spoons and bottles, washcloths, etc...you know...the necessities. LOL But the extensive wardrobe is nice too. If your baby spits up a lot or poops out of diapers on a frequent basis (mine didn't but OH's cousin's DD had poop explosions every. single. day.) the bigger wardrobe saves on laundry. I was amazed at how quick I went through it all. Though the fancier outfits still hardly got worn. Seems everyone bought for size 6 months so even some of the play clothes got hardly any wear. I felt pretty guilty about that! At least some of it was gender neutral enough to qualify for my DD!

Good luck finding deals. I hope it's not too overwhelming. With all the new safety regulations always coming out it is tough to find used gear that qualifies. A lot of my friends risk the rules and get the old stuff anyways. I know enough people who smuggle stuff over the border too. I'm too chicken to do that though. And it seems....unethical....

Maybe check to see if there are any baby shows in the area?

Anyways, bought some of the boring stuff myself today. Picked up some bibs and washcloths plus a few undershirts. Still need the mattress pad, sheet saver (a small spit-up cloth that goes over the sheets...used that A LOT with DS), and some new bottle nipples. Then I need a few things for myself in my hospital bag. Otherwise I think we're fairly set.

So far I'm not finding anything boring lol. But a but overwhelmed. Also I'm trying to buy things that we need or will save buying other stuff. Like the $8 waterproof blanket type change pads to avoid changing sheets everyday. Or the portable change pad for $20 instead of a couple of the big contoured ones for $30 each. It would mean having a diaper caddy as opposed to a diaper station on each floor (3story house plus basement) and I'd have to carry it with me but save a lot of $$.

Also looking at our cloth diaper options. The current selection would cost about $500. But I could be set for around $300. They're all white instead of fun colours but I could add a handful of fun ones for going out or when people come over :)

I've also cut back on how many of things we will have. Hopefully it won't be crazy but I figure I can always buy more of something if I find I'm washing constantly. Like face cloths, towels, blankets, etc.

I have to admit I love shopping for outfits. You can get really cute towels and washcloths but those usually cost more. So I buy the plainer ones as they do the same thing for half the cost. I bought a pack of 10 plain bibs for the cost of 3 or 4 "cute" ones. And I do make good use of my contour change pad. I only have two floors in the house. Downstairs I change on a receiving blanket (have 30 so don't care if they get dirty) but upstairs I will go out of my way to change on the change table. I find it easier than bending over as my back tends to flare up even when not pregnant.

Is it OK for DS and the baby to share wash cloths? I don't mean to use the same one at the same time. But DS has had the same wash cloths since birth and they get washed after each individual use. They still seem to be in good shape. Or should she just have her own set? I just don't know how sensitive a newborn can be. I bought a new set but the original intent was to use it for the kitchen as the cloths I use for after meals are all gross. But my baby won't be eating solids for awhile and those cloths need replacing sooner rather than later. I guess I could demote a couple of the bath cloths to the kitchen and use the new ones in the bathroom. DS won't care if the cloths are pink and purple. I know I'm making a big deal out of this but I feel like this is super important. lol

Honestly I'd get just enough to get by of what you need for now and see what you use and don't use. We never used the bath chair. He didn't use bibs much because he didn't spit up much and they just got in the way. We used his baby washcloths and had a bunch of those just because a regular one was way too big for such a small baby :haha: but now doesn't matter. We had 2 hooded towels that were fine since you don't bathe them every day and then just used some of our smaller bath towels if we needed to. Be careful and make sure they are true towel material and not the weird baby towel material because those won't absorb as well. Here is my list of "must haves" and "must have plentys" lol

Washcloths
Socks
Onesies/sleepers
Burp cloths
At least 3+ sleeps and waterproof covers
At least 5 receiving blankets
A nursing pillow even if you don't nurse
Some sort of swing or vibrating chair
:thumbup:

Other than things like diapers and wipes if I had just those things we'd make it thru pretty easy. Here hospital gives you pacifiers but I would have a few of those on hand in case they don't. We always seemed to lose the little things like those and socks :haha:

Starry I plan on using the same washcloths and towels. Idk why it would matter.

Thanks. I didn't think it would matter either. We are reusing DS' old hooded towels too. I think I'll use the new washcloths in the kitchen then as those ones are quite yucky (all black when they used to be green...)

I love gadgets and gear so have used a lot of the baby stuff. I love our baby tub and diaper genie and bottle sterilizer, etc. We don't have a swing but we do have a vibrating chair. Probably needs new batteries....

I'll definitely have too many bibs if DD doesn't spit up like her brother but if she does, then we're set. LOL I had to throw out DS' old bibs because they got washed so often that the velcro stopped working and the stains got so bad they wouldn't come out anymore.

I only bought one set of socks this time around as they just don't get used in our house. Even in winter DS will just rip them off. MiL nags me all the time about his feet but I dare her to come over and make him keep them on! :haha: So for DD I have 8 pairs sized 0 to 12 months. They range in colour from white to pink and purple and some with some sort of combination. I figure they should match everything. :thumbup:

I still want to get her a pair of Robeez slippers as they're the best at staying on (DS still can't get those off) but no rush as baby is coming just before summer. I will reuse DS' slippers for her but need to fill the gap with the sizes I am missing.

I've got 30 white wash cloths for diaper changes and currently 3 hooded towels and 4 wash cloths. I'd like to get a bunch of cheapie ones for the kitchen. We are getting a seat that goes in the sink for bathing until baby can sit. We are planning to make bath time DH job and he's really nervous about dropping baby :)

We have a hand me down swing. We are using the bassinet from our stroller on a stand and have a high chair and car seat. I have 4 soothers and 4 bottles (2 5 oz & 2 9 oz).

We have TONS of clothes and they include a bunch of socks & bibs. Not sure how effective the cute bibs are that came with outfits but if not I can get 10 for $10-20

We have 3 bassinet sheets & 3 crib sheets. 8 receiving blankets, and 6 warmer blankets. And since due in May I have 4 bamboo Muslim blankets.

I have 4 wrap blankets for sleeping. A light weight and heavy weight sleep bag for 6+ months. Tones of winter & summer hats (mostly hand me downs).

We have a diaper bag and a handful of toys.
We also received a basket of kitchen items for older baby (bowls, spoons, cups, travel containers, etc)

I still need:
Nursing pillow
Sling/ carrier
Cloth diapers
Breast pump
Monitor
Crib mattress
Change pad(s)
And for older baby:
Seat
Toys
Play mat

We need the stand for the bassinet as well and eventually 4 baby gates.

Seems like so much but I can't think of leaving any of the items out.... :/

Got up to do some laundry. Started cramping and had to pee. Lost a bunch more of what I think was plug.

My goodness, Darlin. Your May baby might end up an early April baby! Getting excited for you!

The part for our washing machine came in today and we've had one successful load so I'm hoping that means our month-long drama with the machine is finally over. I need to catch up on so much and start washing the baby things. They've collected a lot of dust in storage.

Yay for washing baby things! It will eb nice having it fixed. Ours broke earlier this yr and it was awful waiting to get the new one.

Not too long after posting I lost MORE of it :dohh: Think it's all out for now :haha: My mom is so anxious she is driving me a bit nuts. Talking about how after she started losing hers it was just a matter of days etc. She wanted me to call the mw and stuff and I had to tell her no it wasn't time yet.

I did go into labour within days of passing my plug but I was also contracting already when my plug passed. I wouldn't be in a rush either if I wasn't showing further signs of labour. I remember a friend saying it was over a week from losing her plug to going into labour. I think I have heard that the plug can regenerate too.

See I am confused on that part. I was told that too but I was also told after a certain point it won't regenerate itself. Like it only does that if you lose it early :shrug: Idk. I am getting anxious but have a feeling we've got a while to go. I thought DS would be early but he wasn't and couldnt have been even if he wanted to because he was breech :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->