2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Fab lines ginger.

Wbee, if cream doesnt help and you're still worried see your doctor x

Have you all have a flu shot? What are your thoughts? Normally I'm quite against putting things like that in my body, but with the H1N1 scare this year I'm contemplating getting it. Obviously I'm going to ask my midwife, but what are your opinons?

My job required it and I just happen to get it January. I don't think it's an issue if your not allergic it's actually recommended for pregnant women as long as it's the dead virus

I wont be having the flu shot. Personal opinion though isnt it?

i got mine maybe 2 weeks before I found out I was pregnant, but even if I had known I would have gotten it, my doctor recommends it, because the flu is no joke on an adult imagine a baby and too many teenagers have died from it this year, as well as every year, but if you don't get out much you may be safe, I got my kids the mist instead of the shot. I just think it's better to get it then to risk getting the flu while pregnant, normally my obgyn would give it to me if I had already been going there and pregnant, but when im not I just go to wal greens or somewhere that does them..

Are flu shots recommended. I had one in nov before I got pregnant. Should I get another?

they are highly recommended for children, elderly, and pregnant women. if you have already gotten one THIS flu season, then you will be okay until the next flu season. the reason for this is because each season a new strand of the flu goes around and until they know the strand they can't make a vaccine. every season its a different type of flu bug, that's why we have to get new shots each season.. hope this helps..

Welcome alicarr74, skinnymrs & Tasha :happydance:

@wbee I haven't had the flu shot and not sure if I will have it yet. Just had a terrible cold over the past few days and leaning more towards the shot now, but I will see what my midwife suggests at the booking appointment - I won't rush to get one if it isn't suggested.

My cold is buggering off now, thank God. I haven't had one that bad in YEARS - blaming the pregnancy hormones!! :haha: My nose is really dry and cracking - would it be safe to put some vaseline on just to help ease it? Only nervous because of inhaling any chemicals etc (I am even not wearing perfume the first trimester this time round.. And my hair will be like Gandalf's without dye soon. :haha:)

Ok thanks girlies xx

Ps scan went great today saw sac and little bean. Going back in 2 wks for heartbeat. Very surreal but thankfully its in the right place which was the worry. X

Im overdosing on gingerale. Nausea is so bad :(

Congrats on your scan skinnymrs! Did you get any pics? :flower:

you get sick easier when pg because your immune system gets very weak to support the baby, which is why they want you to get a flu shot and take prenatal vitamins and lost of vitamin c !! :)

Spoke too soon. Had some pink spotting. Praying this baby is okay. :cry:

I think I just realized that it kinda bugs me a little bit when farther along preggos give me advice or compare my situation to theirs, especially if they've not had losses. Please NO ONE be offended because I am hormonal and getting nervous as my scan date approaches, and it's totally not really logical for me to feel this way. I understand they're offering advice because they care and want me to feel better. But it feels like they're giving advice to someone who has never been pregnant. It's like... denying my previous pregnancy. Like, I know I'm going to cramp in early pregnancy and not to worry. I've been there! The sad fact is that, yes this would be my first child(ren). But it's not my first pregnancy. I'm not in new territory yet. I've tread all this ground before.

Does anyone else feel the same way when someone pops on and says, "Oh, don't worry! I cramped at six weeks, it's normal!" Like, I know you're trying to help, but I've made it passed six weeks, so I know that.

"Oh, I was so nervous before my first ultrasound too, but everything was fine!" Well, good for you. That nightmare came true for me at my first ultrasound, so forgive me if I live in a world where it doesn't always turn out to be butterflies and sunbeams in the end.

@skinnymrs Awww! No worries. At your next scan hopefully you'll get one and you can post it up here for us all to see! :hugs:

@GingerPanda That is exactly how I feel. Any sign of spotting, cramping, loss of symptoms... I'm completely tensing up. I think people just want to try and reassure you, though. It is different after a loss though because you are just that so much more on edge.

Spotting hopefully dying off, laying down as much as I can. Damn you body! Stop scaring me like this!!!!

Really hoping everything is okay, Whigfield! Sending sticky bean dust! :dust:

Finger panda is completely understand where your coming from but your right all they (we) want to do is help. But after 3 losses I too sometimes look at people and want to say well we all can't frap rainbows and unicorns now can we? Lol hugs Hun

Whitfield I hope everything is going just fine. Maybe ring ob? Was it a tranvsvag? That'll cause spotting

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->