2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

I was up early this morning as well ladies. I just want to sleep in so I'm not tired through the day but my body has other plans. I've had a bit of nausea this morning so I got DH to grab me a ginger ale. I have my first appointment today and will have an early scan in a couple weeks. Will get that appointment today as well. Going shopping for a new tv today as ours blew up yesterday, not really what I wanted to spend money on. I will update later after my appointment this afternoon.

Im so nervous ahead of scan :/ just hoping everything is ok. Love this thread.

On the upside I just devoured freshly roasted chicken. First thing ive managed to stomach all day. How delicious it was.

Have any of u guys tried ginger ale for upset tummies? X

I hope you dont mind me replying, I've been reading/stalking for a few days but am a bit scared to stick my head in. I just wanted to reply to skinnymrs, I've not tried ginger ale but there are ginger sweets that are meant to be amazing for nausea/morning sickness x

Frustrated, I hope your appointment goes well. Your tv literally blew up? Yikes!

skinnysmrs, I haven't tried gingerale, but I did find some real ginger candies that really helped me the last time. Surely you'd be able to find some in Ireland? I found mine in the international candy section, apparently they aren't a big thing in America :lol: .

Oh if you're in Ireland then maybe you have Holland and Barrett? They def sell them x

The mantra is, "Today I am pregnant." Our appointments and scans will come and go. What will be will be, regardless of whether or not we make ourselves sick worrying about it. Let's all enjoy it while we can. :hugs:

I've never tried ginger for nausea, and never seen ginger candy!

Tasha, stalk away. :) Hopefully soon you can feel comfortable enough to join us.

Ginger, thanks for sharing. I like that mantra very much

tasha, stalk and reply as much as you'd like. I hope your little bub sticks <3

I am stalking as well. It still doesn't feel real even tough I can't sleep and am having nausea and boob pain. I just feel like it can't be the baby it's too soon!

Thank you both. I love that mantra too, another is 'hope is important'. Both are so true.

Gingerpanda, health food stores tend to have them.

Since I rudely barged in :haha: I may as well introduce myself. I am 28 years old and been married to my DH for ten years this year. I have M who is nine, NM who is eight, H who was stillborn at 36+6 in May 2007 (so six), K who is five, I then had seven first tri loses between 08/2008 and 09/2010, RR who was stillborn at 24+3 in April 2011 (so two) and then seven more first tri loses between 06/2011 and 03/2013. I hope my story doesnt scare you, I am a rarity and I have lots 'wrong' with me, I am on a multitude of vitamins, aspirin, clexane (blood thinning injections) and steroids (to suppress my immune system).

Any way enough of that, just thought you might want to understand why it was hard for me to join you. I think my EDD is about the 4th October, but would rather not go on the front page for now if that is okay?

How has your day been, all of you?

That's totally fine, I'll put you up when you're ready. :)

I have seen you around and some of your story. I'm sorry these journeys are so much harder for you than they should be. I'm hoping so hard that this will be another rainbow for you. You're right, hope is SO important.

Hey Tasha!! wbee invited me over. It's nice to kind of sit back in observe. I have all my trust in God this time around but little heart does say what if? Then I remember there is nothing I can't have with God on my side! I'm so proud to see you joining in with us and look forward to finishing this race with you!!

Thanks girls, Ginger Ale is kinda popular here I think with morning sickness, just to sip away at it, that and gingernut biscuits ;)

I will certainly try Holland and Barrett for the sweets though, I like the sound of them :)

Ginger - I am loving that mantra!!!!!!

Frustrated, I hope your appointment goes well. Your tv literally blew up? Yikes!

skinnysmrs, I haven't tried gingerale, but I did find some real ginger candies that really helped me the last time. Surely you'd be able to find some in Ireland? I found mine in the international candy section, apparently they aren't a big thing in America :lol: .
The screen didnt blow up but we heard it on the inside when it blew up. I just looked at DH and said guess were going tv shopping after my appointment tomorrow.

I have been sipping ginger ale for the nausea and it helps a bit which is good.

Hi Tasha, you sound like a very strong woman to have been through so much. Really hope this is the sticky one for you xxx

Ginger your mantra almost made me cry, that's so true and totally sums up how I feel. I'm not stressed, or nervous, just happy to be pregnant for today. What's meant to be, will be, that's what we've always said x

Have you all have a flu shot? What are your thoughts? Normally I'm quite against putting things like that in my body, but with the H1N1 scare this year I'm contemplating getting it. Obviously I'm going to ask my midwife, but what are your opinons?

I got the flu shot 2 years ago. It skipped my mind last year, but I didn't get sick. I haven't gotten it this year either. I think I'm afraid to until I ask my doctor if it's okay when I'm at my appointment. When we got them, we just went to Kroger and got it done while we were grocery shopping.

For those of you who like POAS science, I cracked open my CB digis with conception indicators to have a peek at the strip that measures what your levels of hCG are. There are two strips inside. One is yes or no pregnant. The other's line darkness determines whether it says 1-2, 2-3, or 3+.

I'm not sure, but I think I might be close to the 3+, since that line is almost as dark as the control!

Attachments

• conceptionindicators.jpg
    conceptionindicators.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 9
My appt can't come soon enough. I've been really itchy all over, except my legs. It's not normal for me and it is awful. I've been reading about cholestasis and now I'm worried that could be it. I haven't even met my midwife yet, so I've no idea who I'd call in the mean time. Next Thursday really needs to hurry up!

I wouldn't worry too much. It's an abnormally cold winter, so skin is drier. I've been super itchy from it too! Body lotion helps me. :)

But if you're really worried, I'm sure you could call your doctor's office and talk to a nurse.

I'm probably just getting myself hyped up, lol. I'm not itchy right now, it's not constant. I'll just mention it at my appt I think. I need to stop googling!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->