2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

My left thigh goes numb at times, not as much as when I was pregnant with my son but it will at times and then walking feels odd.

I'm really achey just now too. We had a really busy weekend away with lots of walking so I'm quite sore today. Also in the mornings or if I sit down too long (which isn't often with two little munchkins lol) then it takes me a few minutes to get going properly too. I got it really bad at the end of my pregnancy with dd, it didn't start this early with her though so hoping it won't be worse this time. It went away a few weeks after birth though so at least I know it's not forever :)

How is everyone doing today? Lots of movement from little Finn today.

I saw an article in a newspaper about how babies that feel their mother's stress in the womb are more likely to touch their face. :wacko: Sounds like BS to me, I mean, where else do they have to put their arms? But it did make me feel guilty. I must work on stress! :haha:

How do they even study that accurately Whigfield? Lol

Love the name Finn, Whig. We're still thinking of Flynn for middle name. Dh was calling bump Jax earlier (short for Jackson) I'm still not 100% sold but the more I see the kids and dh get excited when they talk to bump using the name the more it grows on me :)

I think a lot of those so called studies are to shame women. Shame them for working. Shame them for not working and possibly struggling and stressing about money. For not doing enough. For doing too much. For everything under the sun! :haha:

That study sounds bogus to me too Whig and Castaway. Did they have women walking around with portable ultrasound machines so they could record the babies 24/7 and see how many times they touched their faces?! I mean really....the hands are going to end up touching the face several times, whether intentional or not.

Allstar - Jackson is one of the names on our short list! I think Jax is adorable. :)

That's exactly what I was thinking Jalia! What a load of rubbish lol

It is very cute. I do really like it, I just like to think of all possibilities before deciding properly whereas once dh finds a name he loves, he stops looking lol he was the same with our other two :)

I really have no idea, AllStar. I think from what I read they actively monitored babies on ultrasound after quizzing mothers about how stressed they've been.. Scientific, isn't it? :haha:

I really like Flynn too! We can't use it as there's already a boy in the family called Flynn, but it's really nice. We also considered Jackson at one point too - love love both!

In the UK at the moment they're really pushing how "sumo babies" are being born and "obese women are to blame".. Makes me so angry! Not everyone who is obese is going to have a 12lber and not everyone who does have a 12lber has had one because they are obese. :growlmad:

I wish they wouldn't put any articles like these out without 100% scientific proof - not something based off of one flippant study. I'm guilt-ridden enough as it is all the time. :haha:

I really have no idea, AllStar. I think from what I read they actively monitored babies on ultrasound after quizzing mothers about how stressed they've been.. Scientific, isn't it? :haha:

I really like Flynn too! We can't use it as there's already a boy in the family called Flynn, but it's really nice. We also considered Jackson at one point too - love love both!

In the UK at the moment they're really pushing how "sumo babies" are being born and "obese women are to blame".. Makes me so angry! Not everyone who is obese is going to have a 12lber and not everyone who does have a 12lber has had one because they are obese. :growlmad:

I wish they wouldn't put any articles like these out without 100% scientific proof - not something based off of one flippant study. I'm guilt-ridden enough as it is all the time. :haha:

Yup blame the woman mentality. I have learned to take all the Studies's with a grain of salt! I mean didn't they used to blame woman if it wasn't a boy!? Ummm yea that's all on the father lol

With regard to that sumo baby thing, we all know that untreated GD can lead to giant babies. But I agree that anyone can have big (or little) kids. My cousin is morbidly obese, had GD with all 3 of her pregnancies, and never had a baby over 8.5lbs. With my first pregnancy I went to bootcamp 5x a week, ate right, didn't have GD, gained 30lbs.... And he was over 11lbs. I've also had an almost 10lber and a 9lber.... DH and I just make giant babies.

With regard to that sumo baby thing, we all know that untreated GD can lead to giant babies. But I agree that anyone can have big (or little) kids. My cousin is morbidly obese, had GD with all 3 of her pregnancies, and never had a baby over 8.5lbs. With my first pregnancy I went to bootcamp 5x a week, ate right, didn't have GD, gained 30lbs.... And he was over 11lbs. I've also had an almost 10lber and a 9lber.... DH and I just make giant babies.

Yup! I have a VERY skinny, fit friend who had a 10 pounder. I'm on the heavier side and my little man was 6.5 pounds.

I forgot to tell you ladies, we are Team :pink:

VERY excited, I thought I would be having all boys! :haha:

I will post a pic of the cake once I download the pics :thumbup:

Congratulations on team pink castaway! Can't wait to see the cake :)

How is everyone doing?

Congratulations Castaway!

Allstar, I think slow and steady would be an apt description for me. I SO need to clean the fridge but I can't breathe when I bend over so I'm wondering how gross it could possibly get in the next 18 weeks.... Lol.

How are you doing?

Allstar, I think slow and steady would be an apt description for me. I SO need to clean the fridge but I can't breathe when I bend over so I'm wondering how gross it could possibly get in the next 18 weeks.... Lol.

How are you doing?

I have been cleaning and purging, hard core. LOL My hubby does all the manual labor I can't handle but cleaning the fridge is the one thing on my hit list to do!

YAY! Congrats Castaway! I've updated you on the front. :happydance:

Doing pretty good here. Hit v-day yesterday.. Feeling relieved to pass that milestone. :happydance:

Congrats on v-day Whig!

I'm good too, also struggling to bend over though lol bump seems to have become huge over past couple of days :) dh has had a week off work and it's been lovely having him around all the time but he goes back tomorrow.

How are you doing?

I have been cleaning and purging, hard core. LOL My hubby does all the manual labor I can't handle but cleaning the fridge is the one thing on my hit list to do!

Same here. Trying to make up for all the clean laundry left unfolded from the winter when my morning sickness was peaking. Tried to tackle the fridge yesterday but gave up. I hope to get this place spotless by the time summer vscation rolls around on june 25th so I can focus on the baby stuff instead!

Thanks ladies! :happydance:

I had my 25 week appointment a week early as I am on vacation next week. I mentioned that I'd like to birth in a different hospital back near my mother and she said she's going to look into it for me - I didn't even have to fight her for it! :happydance: However I came back with +3 leukocytes (?) and +1 protein in my urine so they suspect another infection. Booooo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->