2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Laelani, since about 18w for me. I've never bfed but my boobs remember what they're supposed to do.

Totally normal to have boob leakage at this stage. The warm water of the shower is like a stimulant, mine used to go off like jets after the shower when I was bfing.

Whig I hope your felling better, shame the hospital wasn't more supportive but your scan sounds lovely so hopefully that'll have helped make up for it.

I leaked as soon as I found I was pregnant, colostrum.

I visited my friend who has a 4 day old baby. I leaked, and I mean my bra was wet, when I heard him crying.:haha:

Plus my little one was kicking away....must have been entertained by hearing all the kids around us.

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I had a bit more spotting so I spent the whole day trying to rest up. So far so good, no more today! :happydance:

I never knew babies would do that to the placenta - I figured they'd cuddle up to it and such, but LICKING it? Or biting/sucking it? It just seems so weird! But totally funny. :haha: Chewing the cord sounds sooooo cute too!

Congrats on 20 weeks AllStar & Elsa! :happydance:

What are you ladies going to pack in your hospital bags? I feel like I have no idea what I should put in there. :wacko:

No leakage here! Is it weird that I'm kind of jealous? I'm so eager for my boobs to 'work'! :haha:

Sorry I didn't update yesterday, I had a bit more spotting so I spent the whole day trying to rest up. So far so good, no more today! :happydance:

I never knew babies would do that to the placenta - I figured they'd cuddle up to it and such, but LICKING it? Or biting/sucking it? It just seems so weird! But totally funny. :haha: Chewing the cord sounds sooooo cute too!

Congrats on 20 weeks AllStar & Elsa! :happydance:

What are you ladies going to pack in your hospital bags? I feel like I have no idea what I should put in there. :wacko:

No leakage here! Is it weird that I'm kind of jealous? I'm so eager for my boobs to 'work'! :haha:

My bags are packed. I just brought items to make us a bit more comfortable.

I am getting hubby a Kindle for Fathers Day so he will have that to bring as well...

I haven't packed my bag as we are not going to the hospital...hopefully. We have chose a birthing suite/home birth this time around! But I found that I don't need very much during labour/ birth just my ipod and a change of clothes. Everything else my mom can bring us if we need it...I have become quite the minimalmist! :)

I'll pack my bag after my due date, lol. I always go overdue....
I pack my formula because I don't like the stuff the hospital uses. And some pants that come up to my belly button because if I end up with another c-section I can't wear anything low.... Plus, it's nice to cover the squishy empty belly skin once it's vacant if I don't have another c-section, lol.

I haven't even thought of my hospital bag yet! I barely used anything from it the first time let alone with dd when I was only in the hospital a couple of hours but this time might be different so better be prepared? Our house is only a few minutes from hospital so someone could easily pick me up anything I need anyway. Now you ladies have mentioned it, think I'll pick up some of the supplies needed for it this week. I'm getting really quite sore walking round shops so maybe doing it early is a good idea.

3minions, that's one of the things I really don't like about pregnancy/birth, the strange squishy feeling your tummy has just after!

Whigfield - goos to hear the spotting has stopped and hopefully thats it!

I didnt pack hospital bag until 35 weeks or so last time, id forget whats in there if i did it now and re pack anyway.

Ive done something really annoying and used my doppler after having sex as my tummy was so hard after orgasm, now i picked up the baby and her heartrate was going from 160bpm to nearly nothing and so forth a few days later we did it again and the same thing happened, now im so paranoid about having sex that im affecting her heartrate. I read an article online that this does often happen and as long as it shoots up again its ok. :wacko::wacko: i wish i was ignorant of all these things and a woman who could live without dopplers and paranoia :dohh::dohh::dohh:

I didn't have my bag when I had to deliver my son at 32 weeks and it was honestly horrible. I had nothing was going through hell and didn't even have clothes to change into after the delivery. Try telling your father how to get all your items and explaining what you need for your lap top. Torture.

I refuse to use a doppler, I would be in the hospital every other day! I am just getting through this one day at a time as it is....I would be a puddle on the floor with one of them.

That's why I don't have a Doppler either. I worry enough as it is!

I find the doppler can be really inaccurate when giving off the heartrate, it doesn't always count it correctly (for me) and can scare the crap out of me unless the wand is positioned exactly perfect.. And then he moves anyway. :shrug:

I just try to listen out that the heartbeat is there if he's not being very active, but don't bother waiting for the machine to count it anymore. It's nice just for the reassurance that he's still alive in there.

Had a small family get together today for a cousin's engagement. Finn was a little less active over the weekend but then today, during, he was extremely active! I think it was because of how loud it was and all the different voices, getting him either excited or a bit scared. :haha:

We took my mother out for her retirement lunch/dinner as she retires June 1st, the restaurant's air conditioning was BROKE. 90 degrees out so yeah, by the end of the meal I stood up and my husband says, "You peed your pants let me get you home....":blush::blush::blush:

Umm...no that is sweat. I am a big fat pregnant lady and sweating happens with no air conditioning. Mortified. :nope:

My entire family laughed though....guess I was their comic relief for the weekend.:haha:

Men lol :) poor you though, I struggle in the car on a warm day with the window open! No wonder you were sweating!

Ooh castaway how horrifying!!! That's why I always wear a top that covers my bum cos I'm prone to sweaty ass!!!

Anyone else have heartburn? I've suddenly got it horrendously, I'm sure it wasn't this early last time x

Ooh castaway how horrifying!!! That's why I always wear a top that covers my bum cos I'm prone to sweaty ass!!!

Anyone else have heartburn? I've suddenly got it horrendously, I'm sure it wasn't this early last time x

I couldn't believe it, I got home and I was soaked through my underwear with sweat, like crazy! I guess it was even hotter then I thought. I am now trying to drink 16 ounces of water LOL

I'm with you ttclou, if I packed my bag now I'd forget and do it again closer to my due date. :p I'm hoping we won't be at the hospital very long so we won't need much. Just a change of clothes, some music, my tablet...I think that's about it.

As for the hot weather and sweating, I completely understand! It was over 30C in my classroom today and with 25 11-year-old bodies in there, it felt even warmer. Tomorrow is the start of our provincial testing exams so it'll be another day of being stuck in the classroom without much activity. Here's to hoping it cools down just a touch!

Had our 20 week scan today. All went pretty good and he is measuring 20w5d and I am 20w6d so he's right on schedule. He wasn't fully cooperative though because they need to be able to view his whole spine and all that but couldn't get it so we have to go back in a week or so to get that checked. It was nice to see our little man again though. :cloud9:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->