2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Ha Whigfield that just reminded me of the drive home after my LO's birth, I was kind of perched on one bum cheek as the other one was too tender to sit on properly!! No idea why that was, it wasn't even the side where I'd been cut!!

Nice to see some updates from everyone. Lealani glad to hear you're getting sorted, hope you'll be much happier now you're getting proper care.

I have six weeks left at work and bought a double buggy yesterday. At my 28-wk mw appointment last week everything looked fine but baby was breech. I was a bit unsettled by that at first but not so much now after talking to friends whose babies were breech at this stage but turned.

I'm already excited for August so that I can say "my baby is due next month" :D x

I have 6 weeks left too! Feels a bit surreal, panicking now that we didn't put enough money away lol

Ha Whigfield that just reminded me of the drive home after my LO's birth, I was kind of perched on one bum cheek as the other one was too tender to sit on properly!! No idea why that was, it wasn't even the side where I'd been cut!!

Nice to see some updates from everyone. Lealani glad to hear you're getting sorted, hope you'll be much happier now you're getting proper care.

I have six weeks left at work and bought a double buggy yesterday. At my 28-wk mw appointment last week everything looked fine but baby was breech. I was a bit unsettled by that at first but not so much now after talking to friends whose babies were breech at this stage but turned.

I'm already excited for August so that I can say "my baby is due next month" :D x

Omg me too! Not to mention August is full of baby stuff like helping my parents get our nursery done and FINALLY getting home to visit (haven't been back home the whole time I've been pregnant) and we are having a big family gathering type baby shower. I cannot wait!!!

My LO is breech too ourturnnext and I think they said they don't worry until 31 or 35 weeks?? :shrug: I'm gonna roll with that anyway. :haha:

Congrats on just 6 weeks left til maternity leave ladies! :happydance: My situation is really odd because I'm self employed and run a couple of online businesses.. I'm going to still have to do at least little bits here and there, but should hopefully continue earning. Hopefully...

Annoying phonecall from the hospital I am attempting to be transferred to today. I've been told I'm not under their care yet until I'm living in the area. :dohh: I have to register with a doctors there apparently! So since I'm not under that hospital's care or the old hospital anymore.. Am I under nobody's care? :haha:

My LO is breech too ourturnnext and I think they said they don't worry until 31 or 35 weeks?? :shrug: I'm gonna roll with that anyway. :haha:

I just had a midwife appointment today and asked about breech. She said they aren't concerned with breech until after 36 weeks. Hope that helps!

I just had a midwife appointment today and asked about breech. She said they aren't concerned with breech until after 36 weeks. Hope that helps!

Thanks Jallia thats very reassuring. Although think my little missy has turned as I'm getting kicks all over the top of my bump now and feels heavier low down. And I can BREATHE!!!!! :)

Aww whigfield sounds like you're having a nightmare with your care, hope you get sorted quickly x

Thanks for the info Jallia :) That makes me feel a bit better. I know this LO is lying transverse....

This guy is constantly shifting around. Sometimes I feel kicks up high and then there's a lot of movement and I feel him down low. I think he's actually turning around and doing somersaults in there! Hopefully he'll be a good boy and stick with the head down thing when it counts.
My midwife has scheduled me in for 2 more ultrasounds before the end of my pregnancy so I get to see little man a couple more times before the end of September! She wants to keep track of his weight as he's measuring in the 91st percentile. Eep! I really hope that doesn't mean a 12 lb baby!!! :nope:

Oh wow Jallia! Hopefully it's just a growth spurt and he'll settle down. How great you get extra scans though!

My kitchen is getting a massive refit starting next week. We live in military housing at the moment (the rent is so cheap that it enables us to save lots towards buying a house, but it's pointless buying just yet because hubs could get posted to a new base at any moment) and they're doing all the kitchens but put me to the top of the list so that it won't be getting done when I have a newborn. :dohh: They're tearing everything out including flooring (thank god - it's so hideous), tiles, ceiling, units.. etc. Everything is going back in new but the problem is you get no access to the kitchen during the day, and very limited access in the evenings.. And the dust, they say, is pretty incredible. So I'll be going to stay with my mom for the next couple of weeks just to escape it. I'm going to leave the cats here but lock them in a room upstairs, and take the dogs with me.. They'd just get in the way otherwise! So stressful though!

Geez Whigfield that all sounds so stressful! Thank goodness you can escape to your mom's house! The good news is that you'll have a much nicer kitchen just in time for the new baby. :p

My first stretch marks have started and they're all completely my fault. :dohh: I was determined to keep my belly ring in for as long as possible (switched to a flexible pregnancy one though) and it's caused 2-3 little mini stretchmarks around the piercing, so I've taken it out. It looks so angry. :haha:

I've got a couple of marks round piercing too but I was stubborn and kept it in both times lol, and still got normal bar in at moment this time but have a maternity one for when I need it. Both times after I had my last two and my marks faded it just looked like it always did :)

Hope that happens for me ljo! Maternity bars are just uncomfortable for me now so I'm definitely done with a piercing until LO makes his appearance anyways. :haha:

Just a quick update. I wanted to let you all know that as far as I am aware I passed my glucose testing and that we are finally into third trimester!!!! :happydance: I cannot believe we have made it here!!! :cloud9:

I have posted the next little bit in another thread that I follow as well but thought I would ask you ladies as well.

So today has been an interesting day here. I am going to try to explain this the best that I can in hopes that you ladies can perhaps provide some insight on what the heck is going on. When I was on my lunch break today my baby bump got really tight and it was fairly painful (almost like really, really bad gas pain - almost sharp pains) throughout my baby bump and toward the bottom it almost felt like my bladder was super full too. This lasted for a few moments and then went away. Then tonight we went to eat and I got it again except it lasted a little longer but once I got up and started walking around it somewhat fixed it. Once 2-3 minutes passed though it went away though my belly still felt kind of tight for a bit after and now all of it has settled down and I feel like I normally do. Would these pains be Braxton Hicks??? I am so not sure but they do scare me. :haha:

I have posted the next little bit in another thread that I follow as well but thought I would ask you ladies as well.

So today has been an interesting day here. I am going to try to explain this the best that I can in hopes that you ladies can perhaps provide some insight on what the heck is going on. When I was on my lunch break today my baby bump got really tight and it was fairly painful (almost like really, really bad gas pain - almost sharp pains) throughout my baby bump and toward the bottom it almost felt like my bladder was super full too. This lasted for a few moments and then went away. Then tonight we went to eat and I got it again except it lasted a little longer but once I got up and started walking around it somewhat fixed it. Once 2-3 minutes passed though it went away though my belly still felt kind of tight for a bit after and now all of it has settled down and I feel like I normally do. Would these pains be Braxton Hicks??? I am so not sure but they do scare me. :haha:

Sounds like Braxton hicks, my tummy gets much harder after food too!

Sounds like Braxton Hicks to me too - I've been having the same!

Thanks ladies. I feel a lot better about it all now!!

I just noticed I have blue/purple stretch marks. I hope these fade as well as mine did after my son.... :nope:

Any other ladies start your leave paperwork? I am thinking of starting the process of getting the breast pump through the insurance too as I can already feel what a headache that is going to be!!

Hello ladies. Been away for the week on a wee holiday with the kids. It was lovely to get away but we missed dh as he had to work as it's nice to be home.

I've been getting a lot of Braxton hicks too Laelani, I was doing a lot of walking around on holiday and probably wasn't drinking enough for how hot it was. They've settled a lot now we're home.

My bump seems to have doubled over the last week :) dh even said how much bigger it looked from when I left. 27 weeks yesterday! Can't believe it's only 90 days to go! Seems to soon in some ways but in others, October seems to be so far away yet.

Hope everyone is well :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->