2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

That's great ourturnnext! :happydance:

@Radiance I wish I could say pregnancy causes mine. :haha: I think the little hairs can be quite cute though! (I still pluck them)

So exciting Ourturnnext! :)

I was sooo sick yesterday. I have burst blood vessels on my face from being sick so much :-( feeling a little better so far today (it's only half 9 in the morning yet though) but I'm so nauseas most of the time. It's making keeping it quiet more difficult lol people keep commenting how pale/ill I look. Probably my fault for moaning the other day about my symptom free days!

Hope everyone is well x

I reeeeally need to dye my hair as I have terrible gray coming through and I'm hoping it will be safe to use permenant after 1st tri? Does anyone know? I'm going to end up like Gandalf if not. :haha: My hair color is a very dark brown if that makes any difference, no bleaching needed.

Gandalf :rofl: I'm in the same boat hun. I've got a skunk stripe of gray over my left temple :dohh:

Haha! Most of mine seems to be on the left top side of my head, so I'm trying to use a sidesweep parting at the moment.. But it's breaking through!!

I was sooo sick yesterday. I have burst blood vessels on my face from being sick so much :-( feeling a little better so far today (it's only half 9 in the morning yet though) but I'm so nauseas most of the time. It's making keeping it quiet more difficult lol people keep commenting how pale/ill I look. Probably my fault for moaning the other day about my symptom free days!

Hope everyone is well x

same here i thought id get the same type of pregnancy as with my son as i was sailing along nicely. omg the last couple of days im out of it, knackered and feeling sick and bloated. I need energy so badly my poor toddler has watched alot of tv today instead of out and about :blush:

Mines dark brown!! :haha:

What do you all think about the MaterniT21 blood test? I think you must pay out of your own pocket. If I didn't get my scan somewhat early I wouldn't have known what Elijah was when he past. With all my losses, including an early stillbirth this would make me feel so much more connected if it happened again. My chances are low and even now my mc is 3. (something) you just never know (I have been 2% and 1%). Has anyone had any experiences with it? They never found anything wrong with Elijah or my miscarried babies.

Third day in a row of dreaming of food!!! Bake potatoes (in every dream!), cookies, hot chocolate... and something else. Is baby telling me something? :haha:

I'm getting the matern21 even if I have to pay out of pocket. I've had 3 mc and just want to know I'm keeping the baby regardless so it doesn't matter.

Hope everyone is well x

same here i thought id get the same type of pregnancy as with my son as i was sailing along nicely. omg the last couple of days im out of it, knackered and feeling sick and bloated. I need energy so badly my poor toddler has watched alot of tv today instead of out and about :blush:

Dito! Dd has been in tv bliss this weekend because I'm too out of it to get us both out. I'm starting to feel very pregnant. Throwing up a couple times a day and needing more sleep. Not to mention I woke up today and felt like I had milk coming in because my boobs were so much bigger and sooo sore. Best the girls have looked in ages:rofl:

Mines dark brown!! :haha:

What do you all think about the MaterniT21 blood test? I think you must pay out of your own pocket. If I didn't get my scan somewhat early I wouldn't have known what Elijah was when he past. With all my losses, including an early stillbirth this would make me feel so much more connected if it happened again. My chances are low and even now my mc is 3. (something) you just never know (I have been 2% and 1%). Has anyone had any experiences with it? They never found anything wrong with Elijah or my miscarried babies.

Third day in a row of dreaming of food!!! Bake potatoes (in every dream!), cookies, hot chocolate... and something else. Is baby telling me something? :haha:

I had the harmony test with my son and plan to do it again with this baby, first week of April when I am 12 weeks. I want to know the sex of the baby ASAP as we will start the nursery when we return from vacation. For me it was covered in full so I guess it depends on insurance you have! My son came back healthy as well but he passed due to medical neglect. Sigh....hoping and praying our sticky bean is a healthy little one.

I was tempted by the MaterniT21 blood test but there's only 2 places in the whole of the UK that seem to offer it - a place in London, and my private scanning clinic. Unfortunately the blood has to be sent back to the US to be analyzed, so the costs are quite high - £600 or so!! So I don't think we will be able to afford it unless something flags up at our Downs Syndrome NT screening and we're asked to do an amnio (which I won't do).

I really want to know the sex of the baby though!

I was tempted by the MaterniT21 blood test but there's only 2 places in the whole of the UK that seem to offer it - a place in London, and my private scanning clinic. Unfortunately the blood has to be sent back to the US to be analyzed, so the costs are quite high - £600 or so!! So I don't think we will be able to afford it unless something flags up at our Downs Syndrome NT screening and we're asked to do an amnio (which I won't do).

I really want to know the sex of the baby though!

Wow, that is a large amount of money! I did some research and it says it's about $275... in that range and I read some insurance may pay part of it. I think either way I am getting it. :thumbup: I had two amnio when we found out Elijah past and it was awful, very very painful.. I won't do that again! They used no pain or numbing, I know with some people they will.

Can you do a private 3d/4d scan? Not sure if it's really expensive or how it works there.

Wow, no numbing or pain relief?! That sounds awful! I wish it was closer to $275 here but I guess it's got to be sent overseas and stuff, must be expensive with a blood sample that likely has to be kept chilled(?). :shrug:

I can definitely get a private 3d/4d scan and plan to do so, prices are pretty good here, between £40-100. :happydance:

We had 3D/4D scans with both ds and dd and they are amazing and worth every penny in my opinion. Also, the place we went to previously have a half price sale on at the moment and doesn't say when it will end! So tempted to book but wanted to wait until after our scan, don't want to jinx it.

I'd never heard of that blood test until I seen it on here. As we're in scotland though, we have no chance of getting it lol.

Hope everyone who is sick, feels a bit better over the next few days. My 2 have been the same, watching more tv than normal this weekend. Thankfully the weather has been horrible so not as bad but I've watched Tangled yesterday and today! Lol ds even suggested we call the baby Flynn :)

Wow ladies some great updates! So glad it seems that everyone is doing well.

I need to dye my hair as well but I think I just might pull out the treys for a while because I am too scared to do it.

Getting nervous for scan #2 which is on Tuesday. I should be 8 weeks 2 days. :happydance: hoping the baby remains right on track.

Hope everyone has a great week.

The materna21 and harmony are over $1000 to have them done in Canada too so I'm just doing the NT and blood tests for that now, and then the quad screen after 15 weeks. In the land of free healthcare I don't want to pay all that money as long as there are alternatives.

I think with time the two tests,Harmony and the other will become basic screening. They don't really do it here for everyone yet either...it is a great option so hope it gets around to everyone at an affordable price!

@Castaway That's what the guy at my private scanning clinic said too. He thinks at least 10 years though. :dohh:

@Castaway That's what the guy at my private scanning clinic said too. He thinks at least 10 years though. :dohh:

Its insane it will take that long...the other testing can be so invasive. BUT, lets be honest, things for women take more time then men. :dohh:

I am excited to know in April what we are having....it is amazing how early they know whether boy/girl!

Haha! Maybe when our babies start having babies they can have it on the NHS then. :haha:

I cannot wait to find out in April either! I keep counting down now. Not long until our NT scan and then my birthday/Mother's Day (in the UK) and we can announce. I think just getting to the NT scan at 13+2 and seeing a healthy baby is going to be enough - I'll be just days away from 2nd tri!

It doesn't feel like that can happen right now. I think I'm wary because we got to 11 weeks and then baby died, so I just can't wait to get past 11 weeks. Little milestones I guess before I boil over with excitement/impatience. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->