2014 October Rainbows (late Septembers welcome!) (13 babies born!)

Hi everyone I am new and very cautiously pregnant after 3 losses last year (one after a heartbeat). I am tentatively 7w3d today and due 10/17. We saw a heartbeat last Monday at 6w3d and I have my first OB appt tomorrow. I am really nervous but trying to stay positive as this time around I have not had any spotting. How do you get past the fear? :(

It's the little milestones that keep us going isn't it. 8 days until our scan, I'm basically counting the hours! Weirdly I'm symptomless again today so that makes be nervous but trying to keep positive.

It's dd birthday at the end of the month so organising and shopping for that should take my mind off things I hope.

Congrats hopein, I'm struggling to get past the fear after 1 loss, can't imagine how you feel after 3. So not much advice from me I'm afraid but wishing you a happy and heathy (and worry free as possible!) 9 months x

Hi Hopein - I have no idea how you get past the fear. From what I've read once you make it past when you lost them it gets a bit easier, but I have no idea. I lost my last pregnancy at 16 weeks so I still have a bit of a way to go. All I can do is hope for the best.

Welcome hopein2014! :hugs: I have added you up on the board. I too have had 3 losses, with one after a heartbeat (and healthy growth), and I don't really have much advice except look forward to little milestones, and take things day by day. :hugs:

Hopein2014 congrats on your pregnancy. I too have had 3 mc and one with hb. This pregnancy we saw bubs at 7+6. The last time we saw hb with last pregnancy was 9 weeks. I think keeping busy helps. I work ft and go to school ft. I also try not to dwell on it everyday. But honestly it's just trying to cope. I don't think the fear ever goes away

Hopein welcome and congrats on your pregnancy....We lost our son at 32 weeks due to medical neglect...our son was wrapped in his cord and sadly passed after me telling the doctor multiple times something was wrong. :cry: We then went on after my six week post partum healing period and became first cycle after when we were trying out the rhythm method as I had ankle surgery and was in the hospital knocked out and on some pain meds. Sadly this was all too much and that pregnancy was a blighted ovum. We are now pregnant again and praying this baby is growing and happy in there.

I don't know what is the right answer but I am not going to live in fear. I do what I can to make my pregnancy bearable, we have a new team and we are not taking NO for an answer, even if that means I go to the hospital and kick up a fuss:haha: I have lost my innocence of pregnancy and don't feel like I will pass a safe zone sadly. My entire pregnancy will feel like a marathon, not a sprint. Luckily my doctor agrees he will induce at 37 weeks so that gives me some comfort.

I think the best we can do is be healthy for our child and take it one day at a time. :hugs:

I am so terrified right now. I started spotting after a Bm Thursday, and Friday I had so much cramping. So I called midwife and she said go into ER. So they did the ultrasound and said there was still a heartbeat. I asked if it was growing ok, and the ER doc said to follow up with an ob/gyn. I was so relieved and happy, but the spotting started up again last night, enough to be called a light flow. Its bright pink. I know I should be comforted by the ultrasound Friday, but I'm not at all. I have a midwife appointment at 4pm CT. I can't breathe or calm down. My family is very unsupportive of me even being pregnant. And my OH just always says I worry too much or overthink, so he brushes off everything.

I am so terrified right now. I started spotting after a Bm Thursday, and Friday I had so much cramping. So I called midwife and she said go into ER. So they did the ultrasound and said there was still a heartbeat. I asked if it was growing ok, and the ER doc said to follow up with an ob/gyn. I was so relieved and happy, but the spotting started up again last night, enough to be called a light flow. Its bright pink. I know I should be comforted by the ultrasound Friday, but I'm not at all. I have a midwife appointment at 4pm CT. I can't breathe or calm down. My family is very unsupportive of me even being pregnant. And my OH just always says I worry too much or overthink, so he brushes off everything.

I'm religious so sorry if this offends anyone!! I'm praying all is well with baby :hugs:

Anyone else have like no symptoms? :nope: I know I shouldn't worry since I have only had one pregnancy filled with symptoms but I can't help it. I have never seen a baby hide so early on that I am a little worried, I barely saw baby because it kept hiding! When the technician checked my ovaries baby looked to be a good size and it was really the only time we could really see baby clearly. Hurry up Thursday and bring me GOOD news!

I'm not offended in the slightest and thank you for your thoughts. I haven't had symptoms either. In my last pregnancy either. Which is why I'm so worried. I feel like if everything were ok, I'd know I was pregnant. I'd feel the hormones

Hopein welcome and congrats on your pregnancy....We lost our son at 32 weeks due to medical neglect...our son was wrapped in his cord and sadly passed after me telling the doctor multiple times something was wrong. :cry: We then went on after my six week post partum healing period and became first cycle after when we were trying out the rhythm method as I had ankle surgery and was in the hospital knocked out and on some pain meds. Sadly this was all too much and that pregnancy was a blighted ovum. We are now pregnant again and praying this baby is growing and happy in there.

I don't know what is the right answer but I am not going to live in fear. I do what I can to make my pregnancy bearable, we have a new team and we are not taking NO for an answer, even if that means I go to the hospital and kick up a fuss:haha: I have lost my innocence of pregnancy and don't feel like I will pass a safe zone sadly. My entire pregnancy will feel like a marathon, not a sprint. Luckily my doctor agrees he will induce at 37 weeks so that gives me some comfort.

I think the best we can do is be healthy for our child and take it one day at a time. :hugs:

I can relate and I feel the same way. I know I won't feel "safe" at any time in the pregnancy. Even after birth you worry about SIDS, I still check on my toddlers every time I get up at night. hopein2014- I think the best thing is to try and relax as much as you can . It isn't as easy as many say. Breath when you feel overwhelm, think of the milestones you have passed and upcoming appointments. It helps to have others that have gone through a loss because they understand where you are coming from and worries. Tell or ask your doctor all your concerns. We have a plan this pregnancy, just need to get to 12 weeks. :) :hugs:

Penny oh Hun I hope it's nothing. My prayers are going up for you. I hope you get to see bubs again and so you know if you ripped something while having bm or have a hemmrhoid it can cause a bleed.
Castaway I always say a prayer for us all and you hit the nail on the head. We don't get to dance and frolic through pregnancy anymore. It's almost business for us

I'm not offended in the slightest and thank you for your thoughts. I haven't had symptoms either. In my last pregnancy either. Which is why I'm so worried. I feel like if everything were ok, I'd know I was pregnant. I'd feel the hormones

I didn't have anything with my two living children. In fact, I didn't know I was pregnant with my first until 20+4... for that reason plus, my test kept coming up negative! I know with that and my history I shouldn't be worried but I wish I had some strong symptoms! I've notice one day I may have some symptoms (always barely there though) and then the next absolutely nothing. I hate it.

Same here I'm constipated and sensitive nipples but nothing other than that. With my daughters I didn't know I was pregnant for months so I assume this is a girl

No one is touching my breast so I didn't realize last night when OH attempted they did hurt! :haha: I guess I have symptoms that I don't notice. Still would like a strong symptom like morning sickness!

Radiance I always say that until I have a day of nausea then I'm thankful not to have it

Radiance I always say that until I have a day of nausea then I'm thankful not to have it

I'm an odd one apparently :haha: I was so thrilled when I got sick the first time EVER with Elijah, I mean I had never got sick with my previous pregnancies. I felt I was missing out compared to everyone else. I got sick once with this one, it was not fun but made me happy... now nothing! I just need a good view of baby to feel a little more confident! I don't think I will pick up my second results for hCG as if they haven't double I will go into panic. My hCG never doubles completely, usually a few numbers off but never over the "wanted" and is normally on the lower side of average. Even with Jack and Elijah. Think I will go to my appointment Thursday, have my scan and just relax. I also get to see the midwife I love! :thumbup:

Up until about 15 minutes ago I had no symptoms, now I feel like I'm going to hurl. :dohh: Sipping that water!

Good luck pennymarie. Hopefully it's nothing. :hugs:

Radiance, if you want to pray, pray. I don't think anyone is going to say "Don't hope your very best for me" no matter what you do to do that. :) Our different backgrounds, different positive beliefs.... That's what makes the world go 'round :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->