**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Naomi born August 3 at 39+3 weighing 7lbs 2oz - can't believe she'll be 2 weeks old tomorrow already.

Looking forward to more birth announcements

Baby boy born on 12th Aug At 39+1 19 inches and 6lbs 6 oz
On Tuesday water broke at 8:30 morning went to L&D was checked my BP was lil high and was only 1.cm dilated so they out me in magnesium and pitocin and epidural was inserted twice due to once being not placed well

The whole dilation took 30 hrs till wed 3:00 pm then when the time came to push I was totally exhausted and drowsy due to magnesium. And o oh surviving in ice chips from last 30 hrs as dint have any good when water broke in the. Morning baby got distressed too so we made a decision for c section so. No pushing at all

Went ahead for the c section and within 20 mins my so adorable baby boy was out and he is adorably cute

Trying to recover and breastfeeding starterd a little late as collustrum just started coming so doing.combination of both formula and breast feeding
Hoping I get my milk supply soon in Abundance

Congrats Pearly, I'm so happy your little guy is here!

Glad things are going well for you too Greats.

Still pregnant here but have a feeling that things might be happening, hopefully our little guy will be here in the next few days :thumbup:

Big congrats Pearly, Lucky! And maybe to u too, Mrs E.

I'm thinking of joining the Sept thread, there's nothing happening in my end. So frustrating. And I dont have any hospital appointments until next week :( sorry for whining, I've tried everything, I must have expressed half a litre of milk already. I'm too much in pain to even bother storing them

Hi all.
Just popping by to spread a bit of encouragement for those still pregnant - stay strong and try to enjoy your last days! Get some sleep!!!! I'm so exhausted all the time and running on 3+2 hours of sleep every day. I would kill for a 6 hour stretch!!!!! Tristan is doing well. He came home from the NICU on Wednesday at 3 weeks old. He's growing quickly but still not nursing enough to sustain himself so I have to pump at every feed and top him off with bottles. On top of that we got diagnosed with thrush on Friday which explains all the pain I've been in - I kept being told it was par for the course until my nipples toughen!!! :cry: So now waiting for the meds to kick in...I often wish I was still pregnant! And getting sleeeeeeep.

Hugs to all! :hugs:

Tristan was born at 34w 5d
Weighed 5#10oz and was 17 3/4" long

Okay I've done my best to update the front page. Took like half an hour going back and forth between here and the Facebook page as a bunch of people don't update here. So it's not complete but that's as good as it's going to get :)

Lian, I completely feel you on thinking about joining September! I'm hoping I don't get that far but I know it's a real possibility. My cousin's (who was due a day after me) DH posted this morning that they were headed to the hospital so I'm just feeling pouty today, though. :brat:

Congrats to all with the little ones!

Congrats on the new babies!

Hang in there ladies. You'll have them soon.

Things are going real well for us. DH and I are handling cluster feeding shifts so he takes Oliver until about midnight and then I wake up and handle the feedings. It seems to work well. DH sleeps while he has him but takes care of changing and all that. He's been wonderful. So wonderful I actually had to tell him to back off yesterday. During the day I literally was only feeding Oliver and it didn't feel too good. It came up on its own at the pediatrician and then when we had lunch he said he felt bad and didn't realize he was letting me do anything. So we're more even now and he left to go buy some things for the jeep so we can get the car seat in. Oliver is passed out and doing well overall.

Our little Ethan was born on August 17 at 2:17 am. Another successful home birth after only 3 hours of labour. We're both doing well so far; Isla really loves her little brother!

Will keep checking back here to see more births, so many of you are in the home stretch now :thumbup:

MrsHudson I can see that happening with OH and I. But I have been telling him he can hold and snuggle his son as much as he wants, change him, dress him... when I'm not nursing, if I can. It's his very first child so I want to allow him all the bonding time he wants, but I bet I will feel a bit left out and want to do something other than be the milk keg :laugh2:

Mrs. Eddie, congrats! Wow on only 3 hours of labor, that's awesome! I have 2 weeks to go until EDD :wacko:

Congrats, Mrs. Eddie!! Want to pass a little labor dust over to your dd buddy? :haha:

I wish I could say today went well. Midwife last week recommended doing something I enjoy on due date if there was no baby, so that's what I did. I got in for a massage and facial which was fabulous, but then my sister called to pester me after already doing so through texts this morning. Never asks how I'm doing, just asks if there's anything happening yet and that she's tired of waiting...so I ended up flipping out on her and she hung up on me before I could even explain myself, then called my mom and warned her that my sis was probably going to call her with her "whoa is me, she hates me" sob story. And then started bawling to my mom. :dohh: I wish she lived closer some days. Today was definitely one of them! :cry: Unless something changes (doubtful lol), I have an appointment tomorrow and it sounds like we'll have to set up an u/s for 41weeks if I haven't gone by then. [-o<

Congrats MrsE!

I'm sorry MrsG :(. Hang in there. You'll have your babe soon. And at least your sister cared. Mine hasn't even visited or asked how I am. We aren't close anyways but things like that don't make it better.

Now DH is the expert on bf. I'm having a hard time because Oliver has been eating every hour pretty much all day and I'm feeling like that's all I'm worth. His unsolicited advise does not help.

Aww sorry about that Mrs H. Can you get to a breastfeeding support group to get encouragement and info from them so you can tell dh to stuff it?!

Happy due date to me. And coincidentally, my 36th birthday. Cake will be my reward for going overdue. And lots of it!!

We have a LC appointment this afternoon so I'll ask them loads of questions. DH is coming too. I almost told him I'll go alone but I'll just hurt his feelings. The cluster feedings went much better last night. He even skipped the 4:00am one which was great.

Happy birthday! You'll have baby soon :)

MrsH that's great DH wants to go with you and be involved. And even if he isn't being much help I guess at least he's trying to know what he's talking about I guess :shrug: :laugh2: I had just stopped home for lunch and my DS1 and OH got into a convo regarding breastmilk and how they'll need to be extra careful to avoid accidentally using it with cereal, etc. And then OH went on a spiel about how you can't mistake breast milk for whole milk because it has a different color to it and it separates, which you can see once it's sat long enough. My son asked why it separates into layers and OH went on to explain the fats and such in the milk, etc. like he really sounded educated on it. For a second I questioned whether he'd been researching the ins and outs of breast milk :rofl:

I know it's great and turns out what he was saying is what the LC said for me to do.... He goes back to work in the morning so we'll see how things go alone. I got bf down a little better so Oliver is sleeping for longer period of times and is less fussy. Turns out poor guy wasn't getting all my milk.

Hope everyone else is ok. I can't wait to see more babies. Crazy to think a week ago I was in labor!

Wow! So many new bubs! Congrats!

Afm, still big fat and pregnant. Got admitted to the ER for reduced fetal movements, and turns out bub may be a bit distressed as her heartbeat is so 'flat.' Got a sweep after, but didn't do anything, not even a single contraction. Will have a repeat sweep next monday, then well see from there, maybe heading towards CS. I'm like 4cm dilated already, fully effaced, but i have not felt any contraction so far, not even BH. Also, i was told, my mucus plug is completely gone, even though I haven't even seen any discharge.. I dont know what's going on.

Tbh, we no longer care. I even unpacked my hospital bag and disassembled her cot. Today, i also let DS use the blanket we got for her. May sound childish but were so fed up waiting. Sod it, if ever I go into labour, then we have nothing prepared.

Well that will be when it happens now won't it. Always when you're unprepared!

I started to lose chunks of my plug last night and this morning. Can mean all or nothing I know but we'll see!

congrats to all who has had there baby's and not 2 long or those left
baby jayden was born 12th aug 39 weeks + 2 weighing 7lb 5
bf well xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back