**2015 August Fireflies** 90 bundles of summer Love!

Congrats Lucky!!

Waiting outside the midwife's office for my 38 week appt. Letting Jack nap in the car seat for a bit. Endless rain equals one very hyper and bored boy. Going to chuck him out in the rain when we get home if this doesn't settle him down.

Mrs E, hope Isla is feeling better!! Now uve got time for urself u must be all relaxed!!

Mrs H, hope u feeling better now lots f hugs!!

I had my week 38 appointment yesterday and finally had my cervix checked which I was thinking will delay further but my hubby was like m there nothing will happen you get urself checked lol so it wasn't that bad at all my doc was really gentle and I am not at all dilated God knows my baby has no mood of coming soon Luks like Nd he havn't dropped as well he is all relaxing inside

But I have heard dilation can happen within an hour too so to be prepared us always good and the fluid I mean the amniotic fluid was checked again everything is normal a sigh of relief at the end!!

Thanks Pearly, things are nice and relaxing now!

Glad that your appointment went well; you're totally right re dialation, can start happening at anytime!

Hope your appointment went well too Maggs.

Actually have my 38 MW appointment in a few hours, have been having some feelings of pressure so mat get her to check me but we'll see what she recommends...

Mrs E...are you in the UK or do you have a MW in the states?

Appt was fine, just the usual. Slightly low bp, urine fine, baby had down but not engaged. She's coming on Friday afternoon to do my birth plan. All getting closer now! Will see her at 41 weeks for a sweep if I've not had him by then.

Ashlyn is here! 7.30.15 6:02pm 7lbs 9oz 19inches long!

Charlotte Lucy Rose is here, 8.15am 31st July weighing 6lbs 8ozs and just perfect

We are delighted to welcome our second beautiful little boy - Howard - born on Saturday, 1st August 2015 at 3:45pm. Weighing in at 7lb 7oz (3505g). We are doing very well and Fletcher is loving being a big brother. :cloud9:

I'll update with his birth story when I get a chance.

Good luck to all the rest of the August Fireflies!!!:flower:

Hi Ladies, just to let you know I had my baby girl on August 3 at 10.35pm. She weighed 7lbs exactly.

Kylas, Pink, Poppie, and Lucky, congratulations to all of you on your new little bundles!!!

Lian, that sounds really tough with your DH's time off. I hope he's able to get it sorted soon! How stressful!!!

Greats, sorry to hear DH and his family were so inconsiderate and rude! Let us know if you need an alibi :winkwink:

MrsH, hope Mister Oliver shows up soon for you! Not cool that you've had to deal with nausea again. :nope:

I'm quite ready for this little man to come greet the world. I'm tempted to ask midwife to do a cervical check at my appointment on Friday, but I know it could mean little to nothing. Curious to know if the contractions and cramping have all been a tease or actually doing something, though lol.

Hey ladies! Congrats to all the new babies born. I'll try my best to get the front page updated soon! Just super busy and exhausted with a newborn at home.

Appt was fine, just the usual. Slightly low bp, urine fine, baby had down but not engaged. She's coming on Friday afternoon to do my birth plan. All getting closer now! Will see her at 41 weeks for a sweep if I've not had him by then.

I'm actually in Canada!

MW went well, she's going to do our home visit on either Monday or Tuesday.

She didn't check me or think it was necessary so still just waiting.

Had a lovely prenatal massage this morning and dentist this afternoon. Other than that, just getting stuff done around the house.

I'm actually in Canada!

Had a lovely prenatal massage this morning and dentist this afternoon. Other than that, just getting stuff done around the house.

Oh whereabouts? I'm Canadian but live in Scotland now. Emigrated here nearly 5 years ago.

I love seeing all the baby photos in the Facebook group page! MrsG you are SO CLOSE :happydance: I think I've finally hit the point of "I'm so over being pregnant" and won't ever return to "I love being pregnant". Having many more uncomfortable, ill-feeling, bad days than good :sad1:

Thanks ladies!

Still pregnant lol. Nothing new the last couple of days unfortunately. Nausea and cramps happen a lot but I'm hungrier than I have been in awhile. I had my 38 week appt yesterday but nothing to report. I didn't ask for a cervical check so it was in and out. His head is still down low. I'm assuming he's engaged by how low they find him.

Hope you ladies are good. I'm about to take a nap. There's nothing on day time tv and I have nothing to do.

I'm actually in Canada!

Oh whereabouts? I'm Canadian but live in Scotland now. Emigrated here nearly 5 years ago.

I'm in Ontario, very close to Toronto.

Do you enjoy living in Scotland? I have a few friends who have moved to the UK and really love it.

I'm actually in Canada!

I'm in Ontario, very close to Toronto.

Do you enjoy living in Scotland? I have a few friends who have moved to the UK and really love it.

I did enjoy it at first but now that Jack is here and we've cut contact to DH's family, I wish we were back. Hopefully in a couple of years. I'm from Nova Scotia but may be PEI where DH can get a job. I've got a few friends on BnB through journals that are in Ontario. One quite close to TO.

Hey ladies! Congrats to all the new babies born. I'll try my best to get the front page updated soon! Just super busy and exhausted with a newborn at home.

Thanks so much for updating - I did have a little giggle, I'm Poopiebug! :haha: I'll put that one down to newborn exhaustion! Completely understandable.

We are settled in home nicely. I don't know if it's 2nd time around not being so worried about everything, but H seems better at the feeding and things than F was, maybe because he's a bit bigger. We took our first outing to the shops yesterday, lots of fun :)

Can't wait to hear of more arrivals soon.

I love seeing all the baby photos in the Facebook group page! MrsG you are SO CLOSE :happydance: I think I've finally hit the point of "I'm so over being pregnant" and won't ever return to "I love being pregnant". Having many more uncomfortable, ill-feeling, bad days than good :sad1:

Haha, I sure hope I'm close! I feel like because I'm so over it, this little bugger is going to stay snuggled in tight for an extra 2 weeks! :dohh: I don't know how he can be down sooooo low and still killing my ribs!

Poppie, glad to hear you're settling in well! Hope that continues!

MrsH, your scenario sounds pretty similar. Just had my 38 week appt today and nothing new and exciting. And I almost got a nap...and then a friend called, followed by an annoying door-to-door salesman ringing the bell. Starting to think I need to make a sign for when baby is here. :growlmad:

MrsH, MrsG09, same here. I'm starting to get fed up. I wanted bub to arrive this weekend, so I've done some walking and yoga, but nada! I might even go past my duedate, which would suck. My SPD has gotten much worse. I dont have anymore dr appointments, as they cannot accommodate my request for evening appointments, and we are saving all of DH's leaves. They'll just see me when I'm go to labour, if that ever happens, or when I'm 10 days overdue for induction. Sucks!

10 days to go countdown begins nervous excited lots f anxiety and god knows what all ladies need some encouragement getting nervous as the day coming closer FTM here how all is gonna be

Healthy Boy 7lb0oz on 8/7 (37w3d, due Aug 25th) super fast barely made it to the hospital!

MrsG I know what you mean. We have a super obnoxious ups lady who thinks she has to honk and ring door bells even though the package doesn't need signed for. So annoying!!!! We live in a cul de sac so we all know when a neighbor gets a package too. I'll probably put a sign on the door when Oliver first comes home.

Congrats Fisher! Sounds like an easy birth :).

So I took my 39 week photo yesterday and my stomach has dropped so much. Nothing new though. Just a ton of head movement in my crotch. Dh is sick and being a complete baby. We have to get my dogs shots and him groomed before baby comes and he's making a big deal about going. Well I can't do it alone becausey dog refuses to get in the car and I can't lift him. Plus I don't need dog hair all over my car that is about to have a baby in it. It's not look he even has to go in with me....

MrsH I absolutely HATE when guys get sick... they are the worst! A stuffy nose means they're dying lol

Congratulations to the new arrivals!

Livia is 2 weeks old tomorrow! She's growing so much. She was 8lb 5oz at her Saturday appointment.

Pumping around the clock still bc she is very hit or miss about latching but it's working out so far. My goal is to make it past the holidays and the new year and when she starts solids I might slowly switch over to formula. I'm pumping more than she is eating so far so every day I am adding a couple ounces to my freezer stash.

Can't wait for the rest of you ladies to have your babies!

Congrats Fisher, sounds like it was an exciting birth!

Maggs, it would be tough to be so far away from family, one of my best friends just moved back to Toronto from London. Her sister had a baby and she hated that she was missing him grow up.

Glad to see you're still doing well Pearly, not long to go!

Mrs.H, I hope your DH feels better soon; last thing you need is two babies to have to cater to :winkwink:

Greats, I can't believe Olivia is already two weeks old, must seem like time is flying for you....

We had our home assessment with the midwife yesterday, went really well, there's a few things that I need to go buy today. She checked me because of all the pressure I've been having. He's still not engaged but he's much lower than he was last week and I'm dialated a fingertip with a very soft cervix apparently. She basically thinks that as soon as baby drops labour will start. Tomorrow I'm going to start doing longer walks on the treadmill on a higher incline and will be doing stairs and bouncing on my ball to see if I can get this party started. Still taking EPO and RLT. I'm feeling more pressure in my pelvis this morning too so hopefully he's lower today :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->