- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Awesome scan pic Nik!!! I wouldn't worry about the size...the important thing is your dates are measuring on target. As for me...I'm worried my OB is going to date me ahead based on the measurements but I KNOW I'm only 10+5 today! According to this chart, baby is measuring in week 11: https://www.pregnancysymptomsweekbyweek.org/Baby_Growth_Chart_Average_Weekly_Size

Who knows though!

Kisses&Hugs, great news about your scan! It's great you were able to get one so quickly with no questions asked. Must have been a huge relief.

Mangoberry, yay for hearing heartbeat! For me that was a bigger deal than my first scan, because that's what told me "Yes there IS actually a baby there!"

I think its so strange that you get pap smears at your early appointments. No way would I be letting someone neat my cervix with a speculum during pregnancy :/ but then you all probably think its strange that we don't get them here. I was overdue for one when I got pregnant with my first and they still waited til my 6 week postnatal check, and it seems to me its a routine thing for you to get them an your early appointments even if you had one a few months before.

Same in uk, no smears in pregnancy. Think it has to be 6mths after the birth as well.

I'm in the US and have never gotten a pap as part of routine pregnancy care. I have never gotten one during pregnancy at all.

At my first appointment, my dr said he was going to do a "head to toe" check, but did not do that. It may be regional or just depend on the doctor.

They did run a complete blood panel including for stds. lol I can safely say I don't have HIV or other stds. :p ha ha .. as if that was a worry in the first place.

I'm in the US and have never gotten a pap as part of routine pregnancy care. I have never gotten one during pregnancy at all.

At my first appointment, my dr said he was going to do a "head to toe" check, but did not do that. It may be regional or just depend on the doctor.

They did run a complete blood panel including for stds. lol I can safely say I don't have HIV or other stds. :p ha ha .. as if that was a worry in the first place.

Same for me with the STDs...it's impossible. Both my hubby and I have ever been with each other and we are both faithful and committed. they told me I could refuse the test but then my baby can't be discharged until they test the baby and the results come back for that. I figured it was easier to test myself instead of my baby :(

YAY for not having STDs :haha: I think they tested me for that too, they took like 8 vials of blood so that was probably part of it. Would be impossible for me too, I've been with my hubby since I was 15 and have only been with him and I know he's been faithful the entire time.

Last pap I got was when I was 6 weeks pp about a year ago and my doctor said we'll hold off till 6 weeks pp this time. They used to recommend every year but now I think it's every 3 years if you have a good history?

Right! I didn't really care as they were drawing blood for other reasons anyway, but it just made me laugh!

Well I've been having speculums every visit...it's weird but for me they are tiny and I don't know if they put them all the way in or not because it really doesn't hurt like when I've had them used in the UK. Anyway they always check to see if the cervix is closed. It's weird though because I always see the japanese ladies leaving limping like they've been hurt down there. I imagine it's probably because they are much smaller than me. I'm not sure what they have done but I doubt it was a Pap smear. Maybe for STDs but not the normal type Id get in there UK. I think they probably do do them at pregnancy in Japan though because no one gets STD tests here and no one goes for routine cervical screening.... I mean I know it's embarrassing but it's needed. Apparently only promiscuous people need to do that. Plus I'm pretty sure the younger generation of japanese girls and men are probably pretty promiscuous...hmm anyway just difference in culture I guess. Me and my husband both got checked not long after we met but it was difficult for him to find a place in Japan he was comfortable going to. He went to some anonymous place far out the city. And even then they only tested for like HIV and syphalis. Not the common ones like chlamydia which would be more likely. There isnt as much prevalence of STDs in Japan though, so chances are slim even without protection! I was still living in the UK and it was pretty easy for me to get checked for most things.

I don't think there's any harm in them using a speculum... but with a pap I think they actually scrape the cervix to get a sample.... for most pregnancies I don't think even that would be a big deal, but probably could cause spotting and unnecessary worry?

Another beautiful scan pic. Love it Nikoru. Can't wait to keep seeing everyone's.

Guess what!!! I just found my baby's heartbeat on my Doppler. First time I've tried too. I was going to wait until after 8 weeks but gave in today at 7w6d! It was 164. At my ultrasound it was only 118 when I was 6w5d. This makes me feel so much better. I will only check once a week :)

At least thy told you they were testing for STDs Smoore! lol I wasn't even told ti my next appointment that I was negative for all STDs - I should hope so! I'm not an intravenous drug user (or non IV drugs either for that matter :p), have never received a blood transfusion, and my hubby and I are our only sexual partners too. Second pregnancy my Dr did say we could skip the STD testing unless I felt it was necessary so that was nice. I have no issue with having been tested, it just would have been nice to have been informed.
Though sometimes I wonder what the point is really, since they don't seem to trust negative results anyway as in the US they slather your newborns eyes with antibiotic ointment anyway to protect against STDs even if you've tested negative unless you very explicitly say not to :shrug:

Just a quick check-in from me. Feeling back to normal. Still hoping to get AF in December and start trying again in Jan. Beautiful scans in the past few weeks from everyone! Hope you are all starting to feel a bit better in the next couple weeks. I plan to be back in a few months sharing a bfp!

Good luck KD. Please do come back and share your next pregnancy with us <3

Well in a village of around 1000 people there has been 6 pregnancy announcements in the last 4 days, all due a few days before me lol

I have been ill since friday, my partner decided to share his cold, except i have it worse and i have completely lost my voice.

Thanks guys for sharing all your beautiful scan pics. :)
I don´t even know if they test for STD´s here. I don´t think they do unless there is a suspicion of one... They only took 1 vial of blood from me.

Awwww Susannah and Nik huge congratulations on your lovely scans, it's so exciting :)

So many appointments coming up too, lots of us on countdown now :) I have 2 days and I'm literally beside myself with fear :wacko:

The nurse had said we could skip a lot of the blood work, since I just had it with my other pregnancy in 2012. However, I guess the doctor decided to order the whole panel (or just wasn't thinking and in blood work ordering mode! ha ha)

I think its so strange that you get pap smears at your early appointments. No way would I be letting someone neat my cervix with a speculum during pregnancy :/ but then you all probably think its strange that we don't get them here. I was overdue for one when I got pregnant with my first and they still waited til my 6 week postnatal check, and it seems to me its a routine thing for you to get them an your early appointments even if you had one a few months before.

Yeah, I will second that actually. I haven't been asked to do one here in Australia. Mind you, I've already had two this year anyway (my rountine 2 yearly one in Jan, and then another in April when I was in hospital for a ruptured cyst), so I would be annoyed to do yet another one haha.
I did do the blood tests for STD's etc though - in fact ended up doing that twice too haha.. once through local GP when we first started trying, and then again when we joined Monash IVF.

So I am definately in the all clear for everything haha!!

Well in a village of around 1000 people there has been 6 pregnancy announcements in the last 4 days, all due a few days before me lol

I have been ill since friday, my partner decided to share his cold, except i have it worse and i have completely lost my voice.

I still find it hard to imagine being in a small village like that. I don't think there is anything similar here where I live. There are small country towns, but it's not quite the same I don't think. Very interesting to hear about. Sounds like there is something in the water there at the moment with the amount of annoucements!!
Sucks about the cold :(. Not the best time to catch a cold (not that there ever is a best time).

All the scan's have been looking great! Exciting that they are starting to look more human now :D!! I can't wait till my 12 week one and it actually looks like a little baby!!

Thought my nausea had finished up but yesterday particularly in the afternoon/evening it was back with vengeance.. but apart from that feeling pretty good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->