- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

June 18th is the estimated arrival date of our twins :happy dance: Its my first pregnancy and I'm loving the boards for information and support!

We have our next scan on 11/25 and I'm pretty much counting down the hours at this point. I read way too much about vanishing twin after we found out. I'm also tempted on a daily basis to order a fetal doppler. It will either be extremely helpful or make me even crazier. :)

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!

I know I haven't posted much in this group but I had an ultrasound today and the baby is measuring a little smaller than I estimated so I'll be leaving this group and joining the July group. :) GL to all you ladies!

June 18th is the estimated arrival date of our twins :happy dance: Its my first pregnancy and I'm loving the boards for information and support!

We have our next scan on 11/25 and I'm pretty much counting down the hours at this point. I read way too much about vanishing twin after we found out. I'm also tempted on a daily basis to order a fetal doppler. It will either be extremely helpful or make me even crazier. :)

Hope everyone had a great Tuesday!

Congratulations on the twins!!! I had twins originally this time but unfortunately one was vanishing :( we found out at around 7ish weeks after seeing a heartbeat at 6w. At 10w+3 the surviving twin was still going strong so I am focusing on that :) I sincerely hope both your twins make it!

11 weeks today, just a week and 2 days until my 12 week appointment. I think they do quad tests in Japan so I might be offered that around 15 weeks? The only problem being is that I'll be flying to the UK around then...anyway not sure if it is even worth doing anyway because if I got a bad result, I certainly wouldn't be letting them do any amniocentesis...although I dont think they even do that here...anyway I probably should stop comparing medical systems, Japan's healthcare system is good and after the baby is born it has one of the lowest infant mortality rates in the world. Sorry for all the rambling...

I know what you mean about comparing medical systems...I grew up in Germany so when I was pregnant with my first and comparing notes with my pregnant cousin back home it was easy to feel like they weren't doing things right in the UK. I didn't get an NT scan, just a 12 week dating scan and a 20 week anatomy scan. My cousin had an early dating scan around 8 weeks, and then scans every month. To me it felt like they didn't really care so much here and were just looking to save money (which is part of it I'm sure...Germany works on a combination of national and private insurance, I think most people are insured privately through their work, but if you don't have private insurance for any reason you obviously still receive any medical care you need.)
Now I'm much more confident that all I need/want is 2 scans, and they do offer NT measurements now. Also, the care I got during labour really quite impressed me and I'm now sure the NHS takes great care of people if there's a true need. Of course, sometimes you have to wait a bit for non-urgent treatment and there's not really any extras, but that's fine. To exxagerate a bit: I'll gladly go without an early dating scan if that means someone else can get cancer treatment! :D

Anyway, my MS has taken another turn, I still feel okay-ish most of the day, but I now get proper "morning" sickness. I wake up, throw up (not much coming other than spit of course, but that's actually nice because it saves my throat and it doesn't get as bad that stomach acid would come up), and feel a bit better! Still dead tired a lot of the time though, and I've been napping when my daughter naps. My MIL keeps saying my daughter may grow out of her nap soon...no. Not happening. She'll nap until she's 18. Right now she still needs it anyway, she does sometimes fight it a bit but she always falls asleep in the end and then sleeps for 2+ hours, and on days when she doesn't get a nap because we're out or something, she gets soooo grumpy in the afternoon.

I'll stop blabbing now though, and get some breakfast.

Kdmalk, good luck for your BFP this month!!

Llammert, congratulations on your twins!!

It seems like the recommendations during pregnancy vary a lot country to country -- I had a horrible ear infection with two ruptured eardrums + my wisdom tooth pulled out yesterday as the doctor thought it's best to remove it as that area looked infected and I was told ibuprofen (advil) is perfectly safe during pregnancy, and tylenol- type of medication safe as well. I basically managed to survive the past one week thanks to advil. If even tylenol wasn't safe then what are women with chronic pain supposed to do during pregnancy?

I have my 12 week scan on friday, so excited especially since DH is coming along, he didn't make it to my early scan.

How is everyone feeling today? I am scared as I feel like I have no pregnancy symptoms anymore, I feel really normal :wacko:

Ocenia- my morning sickness has seemed to go as well. I still have the extra exhaustion and occasional nipple tenderness, but that's about it right now.

I have my nt scan next Wednesday. One week exactly! I'm trying to not let worrisome thoughts creep up into my mind. I keep telling myself that I haven't had any bleeding or cramping so all should be fine. It's hard to not let "bad" thoughts creep occasionally since I of course have my past lost somewhere on my mind at all times.

It seems like the recommendations during pregnancy vary a lot country to country -- I had a horrible ear infection with two ruptured eardrums + my wisdom tooth pulled out yesterday as the doctor thought it's best to remove it as that area looked infected and I was told ibuprofen (advil) is perfectly safe during pregnancy, and tylenol- type of medication safe as well. I basically managed to survive the past one week thanks to advil. If even tylenol wasn't safe then what are women with chronic pain supposed to do during pregnancy?

I have my 12 week scan on friday, so excited especially since DH is coming along, he didn't make it to my early scan.

How is everyone feeling today? I am scared as I feel like I have no pregnancy symptoms anymore, I feel really normal :wacko:

You were told ibuprofen WAS safe during pregnancy? I was told never to take that. I'm in the US. :shrug:

So I THINK my MS might be letting up. MIGHT. I am 11+2 today. I'm not feeling as BLAH as before, it's way more manageable. I hope symptoms don't come back.

I'm traveling for a wedding this weekend, which means 10 hours in a car each way with my husband and 2 year old. Oh this should be fun! Bringing my barf bag!

Susannah - Good luck on the trip. We just got back from vacation where we logged 14 hours of driving time there and 14 back (across a couple days). I did pretty well as long as I ate on time and snacked and took a little nap when I started feeling rough. Hopefully it goes well for you too!

Apparently they now say ibuprofen is okay in 1st and 2nd trimester, and no tylenol/paracetamol ever. To be honest if you can live without it it's probably best not to take anything anyway. I will be asking my midwife about any alternative therapies for my pelvic pain this time, don't want to risk it with tylenol.

Do you have any links on the tylenol? I have never heard this and it's still recommended by my ob but definitely not ibuprofen

I have been told by multiple doctors that you can have Tylenol but not ibuprofen. There has been recent studies saying that Tylenol use is being linked to ADHD. I only take it if I really need it though so I'm not too concerned. But I've definitely been told NO ibuprofen whatsoever.

Yeah I'd like links on tylenol too if anyone has any.

Do you all remember me saying I was afraid my OB would think I was farther along than I actually am based on my scan? (Because baby was big). Well they just called and they are moving my due date up 4 days based on the scan. I said this didn't make sense with my dates. She said "I know but the scan showed you at 11 weeks exactly (really I was 10+4) so we are moving your due date". I said...ok...

Does anyone know if this will cause problems around delivery time? They will think I am overdue when I'm not. I guess it's not a problem because I can deny any inductions (like I did last time) and I know when I'm really due.

With my first, they had my due date on a Thursday when I knew it was Saturday based on my ovulation. By Friday they offered me an induction. I was like NO. WAY. I went into labor on Monday-4 days late to them but only 2 days late to me.

Over here the ibuprofen packages say to discuss using it with the doctor and I did and my doctor said that there actually hasn't been any risks that have been found with it so I can use it and it's fine and that it's old information that it can't be used. I consulted another one also who said the same. I also asked for any alternative one but they said that's the best option. My pain was so bad I would have not been able to sleep or even exist without effective pain medication. Tylenol doesn't do anything for me for any type of pain so isn't an option anyway. I wouldn't take anything for minor pain that I can cope with.

https://archpedi.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1833486

Here's a link for tylenol/adhd. I took tylenol at least every other night for the last month or two of my last pregnancy, and my daughter is absolutely fine, but with this new info I'll still be more careful taking it this time.

Hello everyone. I am 9 weeks along, due june 23, 2015. I have 3 girls and am hoping for a boy this go round after losing a baby girl to trisomy 13 on july 10th. So im trying to stay optimistic. Good Luck with all the june bugs!

Hey ladies!! I've been missing the last few weeks as I have had nothing to update with and have been more active on the fb group. I have A LOT of catching up to do!!

My UPDATE:

I got to see my baby last night!! Growth was good, nice heartbeat and baby was dancing!! So cute! I finally got my insurance in, after a four month wait so I get to see my high risk doctor on December 1st :happydance: So far, I still think this one is a girl! I am very excited and in two days I am 12 weeks! :yipee::headspin::wohoo:

Hello everyone. I am 9 weeks along, due june 23, 2015. I have 3 girls and am hoping for a boy this go round after losing a baby girl to trisomy 13 on july 10th. So im trying to stay optimistic. Good Luck with all the june bugs!

Welcome and sorry for the loss of your baby girl :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->