- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Yeah I'd like links on tylenol too if anyone has any.

Do you all remember me saying I was afraid my OB would think I was farther along than I actually am based on my scan? (Because baby was big). Well they just called and they are moving my due date up 4 days based on the scan. I said this didn't make sense with my dates. She said "I know but the scan showed you at 11 weeks exactly (really I was 10+4) so we are moving your due date". I said...ok...

Does anyone know if this will cause problems around delivery time? They will think I am overdue when I'm not. I guess it's not a problem because I can deny any inductions (like I did last time) and I know when I'm really due.

With my first, they had my due date on a Thursday when I knew it was Saturday based on my ovulation. By Friday they offered me an induction. I was like NO. WAY. I went into labor on Monday-4 days late to them but only 2 days late to me.

Its frustrating but I don't think you can do much except agree, and just keep your own dates in your mind.
With my 2nd i was put forward a week but knew my dates and he was 12 days late, although in my calculations only 5 days. If they had, had there way they probably would have induced at 10 days over.
However when he was born the midwife said he certainly doesn't look overdue! and he was only 8lb (which fell on the 25th centile for his gestation). So i'm not totally convinced on these scans!

Welcome newcomers!

I remember in my previous pregnancies being told ibuprofen being ok until thirsting minister, I don't remember if anything was ever said about tylenol either way though.

Do you all remember me saying I was afraid my OB would think I was farther along than I actually am based on my scan? (Because baby was big). Well they just called and they are moving my due date up 4 days based on the scan. I said this didn't make sense with my dates. She said "I know but the scan showed you at 11 weeks exactly (really I was 10+4) so we are moving your due date". I said...ok...

Does anyone know if this will cause problems around delivery time? They will think I am overdue when I'm not. I guess it's not a problem because I can deny any inductions (like I did last time) and I know when I'm really due.

With my first, they had my due date on a Thursday when I knew it was Saturday based on my ovulation. By Friday they offered me an induction. I was like NO. WAY. I went into labor on Monday-4 days late to them but only 2 days late to me.

If it comes down to it, ask your we if he is aware that ACOGs position on post term induction is it shouldn't be done until 42 weeks? They recently amended the definitions of term (39-41 weeks) late term (41-42 weeks) and post term being 42 weeks. So you're not "overdue" until 42 weeks and induction is bot advised (for no reason other than bring overdue at least - of course there are other reasons induction may be recommended, but overdue is far and away the most common reason) until 42 weeks.

And of course some mamas still decline induction at 42 weeks and just go in for regular monitoring after that after and you're well within your rights to do so if you feel its the best choice for you.

Its frustrating but I don't think you can do much except agree, and just keep your own dates in your mind.
With my 2nd i was put forward a week but knew my dates and he was 12 days late, although in my calculations only 5 days. If they had, had there way they probably would have induced at 10 days over.
However when he was born the midwife said he certainly doesn't look overdue! and he was only 8lb (which fell on the 25th centile for his gestation). So i'm not totally convinced on these scans!

Ladies thats just had there 12 week scan how long did it last? My letter says my appointment could take 2 hrs and i have to take a urine sample. With my 1st 3 years ago my scan took approx 10 mins but then i had a follow up appointment at 14 weeks to complete paperwork. Have they now made this into 1 appointment. I think i might need to take my dd with me as we have a funeral which everyone that could babysit is attending ( apart from me as i have an important meeting i cant cancel). Now after reading the letter im panicing as she wont behave for 2 hours lol

They probably say allow 2 hours in case baby isnt behaving?

Ladies thats just had there 12 week scan how long did it last? My letter says my appointment could take 2 hrs and i have to take a urine sample. With my 1st 3 years ago my scan took approx 10 mins but then i had a follow up appointment at 14 weeks to complete paperwork. Have they now made this into 1 appointment. I think i might need to take my dd with me as we have a funeral which everyone that could babysit is attending ( apart from me as i have an important meeting i cant cancel). Now after reading the letter im panicing as she wont behave for 2 hours lol

It was different each baby. There was no one to do or around to do the NT scans in my area with my first two so I never got one with them. With my third, it was several hours for only my scan. He was positioned the "wrong" way and was extremely active. She tried for nearly two hours and couldn't so I left for lunch and came back about an hour later and we tried for a little over an hour. She tried everything. It was crazy. With my fifth, it was quite quick, I would say the waiting room, scan, and results took about 40 minutes max. My NT with this one is going to be longer than normal because I'm doing the NT, cervical length scan and baby growth/progression... all that good stuff from my high risk.

Weewdy, is this your first appointment? My booking in appointment took about an hour, so maybe if yours is essentially a booking in appointment and 12 week scan in one then I can see how it would take up to 2 hours once you account for changing rooms (they wouldn't do the whole booking in in the scanning room) and possible waiting times and that. They'll also take some blood if you're having NT measurements taken, so that's another few minutes...

What about your OH? Can't he watch your daughter? I mean you could all go to the scan together and then he can keep her entertained in the waiting room for the rest/take her home? Just take lots of books and toys in case they want to do the scan last.

Weewdy, is this your first appointment? My booking in appointment took about an hour, so maybe if yours is essentially a booking in appointment and 12 week scan in one then I can see how it would take up to 2 hours once you account for changing rooms (they wouldn't do the whole booking in in the scanning room) and possible waiting times and that. They'll also take some blood if you're having NT measurements taken, so that's another few minutes...

What about your OH? Can't he watch your daughter? I mean you could all go to the scan together and then he can keep her entertained in the waiting room for the rest/take her home? Just take lots of books and toys in case they want to do the scan last.

Yes ive had my booking in appointment done already. My oh will be there with me so he can entertain her as long as they can both go into the scan with me. I might even give them a call tomorrow and see exactly what is involved just so i know.

kdmalk - of course we care about you :hugs: I hope you catch a sticky soon :baby:

llammert - congrats with your twins :)
I have a doppler. It calms me down when I´m feeling apprehensive. I use it about 1x a week.

Livvy - GL to you too :)

Masterpiece - Welcome to the group :)

AFM - One more week until my 12 week scan.
I´ve had a migraine for 2 days now... ouchie, hope it goes away soon...

My scan is a week on Friday! Cannot come quick enough. I had two MMC's before I had my son which were only picked up at first scan and it means I'm so anxious right now. Lovely friend has posted me her Doppler today to attempt to put my mind at rest x

My scan is a week on Friday! Cannot come quick enough. I had two MMC's before I had my son which were only picked up at first scan and it means I'm so anxious right now. Lovely friend has posted me her Doppler today to attempt to put my mind at rest x

Mine is same day as you. Starting to get very nervous :wacko:

I've updated the Facebook group but will leave a note here as well to say that my baby stopped growing 4 weeks ago. Might check in from time to time to see how you all are doing.

I've updated the Facebook group but will leave a note here as well to say that my baby stopped growing 4 weeks ago. Might check in from time to time to see how you all are doing.

I'm really sorry to hear this xxx

so so so so so sorry once again. *hug*

kdmalk - glad to hear you're doing better after your d&c and are ready to start trying again. best of luck to you :) *hugs*

Hello Ladies

Apologies I have not posted much in this thread but will try to be better well I had an early scan yesterday due to some spotting over the weekend all went well the little bean is a whole week ahead though I was 11+2 but turns out I am 12+2 they did all the NT scan while I was there which was brilliant as my proper scan was next week now cancelled baby is very low risk and we got to hear the heartbeat !!

Which means my due date has been brought forward to the 1st of June !!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->