- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Thanks Pink!
I promise you that I thought my tummy is just flabby as well as I didn't have a flat tummy to start with. The comments I've received so far on the pics really makes me feel so comfy with it.

Looking back at the pics I would say 12 weeks really didn't have much bump going, tummy not roundish, 15 looks good to me :)

I have my 20 week scan 11 Feb so we will be close together. Cannot remember, are you staying team yellow or dying like me to know the gender?

Nillabean: I changed hospitals as I had no end of issues with the one I'm at now, from MW with issues with tattooed people, to a consultant who didn't know her arse from her elbow and told me I couldn't have a natural birth due to my brain condition, that she had no clue about, according to her it was to do with blood vessels. When I told her she was a moron and knew nothing she wasn't very happy. Then got taken in to a ward overnight and the hospital was filthy and the staff were awful. Left me with a dirty drip and t:he alarm going of got 5 hours. Then arranged aload of scans and medication I couldn't have as pregnant. Which they knew about. Just thought they would end up killing me or the baby so decided I'd never go back again xx the last thing you need to be stressing about is not trusting people who are ment to be caring for u xx

Wunnabubba:
I don't think I could stay team yellow no matter how hard I tried haha, I'm desperate to find out.
My belly is Defo more bump than it was, took a pic at Xmas but think it could have been more my enormous Xmas dinner haha xxx

Smoore...is your other June baby thread active?

It pops back up on my control panel occasionally. I made that one before finding this one, so I think most people came over to this one. :)

I don't think this thread is moving so fast as only few people post here anymore.... I think most of the ladies here are more active in FB... I've been planning to leave this thread because it's too silent but some ladies are still here that i just can't leave them alone.

You're right it has quieted down lately. I guess I have mostly just been reading as of lately because of how it used to be. I'm not upset or anything like that! It is just how it was, so of course this wasn't my first place to post when I needed responses. :flower:

I Defo find this post picks up a little then disappears. And no where near as many ladies posting now. Facebook just seems to take over everything haha, plus I think it's a bit more convenient for some x

I also find fb more active but for some reason i prefer posting on here as i still feel its more private ( i know fb is a secret group but im wary of people knowing and reading on fb iykwim).

I have been looking into hd scans is anyone thinking of getting one? I had a 3d with my dd around 30 weeks as i felt it was too long to wait between 20wks and birth to see my baby.

Just came in here to look at the threads, have been using Facebook group much more. I started out thinking that I would not use FB that much but then once I started using it - fell in love with it as its so much easier.

I also find fb more active but for some reason i prefer posting on here as i still feel its more private ( i know fb is a secret group but im wary of people knowing and reading on fb iykwim).

I have been looking into hd scans is anyone thinking of getting one? I had a 3d with my dd around 30 weeks as i felt it was too long to wait between 20wks and birth to see my baby.

I agree, I prefer B&B over going to FB.

I also want to get a scan, found a place about 2 and half hours drive from us that does them. Expensive like you would not be able to guess so I'll see closer to 32 weeks if I'll do it or not. I feel it is so unfair to have companies price these things so high that some of the everyday ladies cannot afford them :(

I would just want to check out the credentials of the people doing the scans and monitoring the machines before going to any private pay place. I have read so many articles on private pay places that they have scared me away for good.

A lot of them aren't properly monitored or the machines cared for in the proper way. The levels can be set too high, etc.

I know a lot of people do them, I would just want a lot of reassurance that the people there have the proper training first.

Nillabean: I changed hospitals as I had no end of issues with the one I'm at now, from MW with issues with tattooed people, to a consultant who didn't know her arse from her elbow and told me I couldn't have a natural birth due to my brain condition, that she had no clue about, according to her it was to do with blood vessels. When I told her she was a moron and knew nothing she wasn't very happy. Then got taken in to a ward overnight and the hospital was filthy and the staff were awful. Left me with a dirty drip and t:he alarm going of got 5 hours. Then arranged aload of scans and medication I couldn't have as pregnant. Which they knew about. Just thought they would end up killing me or the baby so decided I'd never go back again xx the last thing you need to be stressing about is not trusting people who are ment to be caring for u xx

Wunnabubba:
I don't think I could stay team yellow no matter how hard I tried haha, I'm desperate to find out.
My belly is Defo more bump than it was, took a pic at Xmas but think it could have been more my enormous Xmas dinner haha xxx
Oh my freaking gosh.that sounds so horrendous. I don't understand certain hospitals. I truly don't understand. They treat pregnant women like were not already emotional and nervous about our babies. And I'm tired of silly nurses saying stuff when they aren't qualified to say it and don't know anything. Well I'm glad ur changing hospitals. Legs know how ur appt goes at the new hospital. And I'm glad u and ur baby are OK as of now

I'm definitely more active in the Facebook thread but I'm constantly reading here for the other ladies!!! I agree it's just much easier/convienent to use Facebook . Just wanted to pop in to say Im still stalking here although not posting :D

I still stalk here too but tend to post more in the FB group x

Thanks nillabean.
Yeah they treat pregnant women with very little courtesy. Was pretty disgusted wit the attitude when I went in last may with bleeding which sadly turned into a MMC. No one seemed like they could be bothered with the effort to deal will me.

My friend had a HD scan recently and the pictures were beautiful. Much better than her previous 3D scans with her two boys and it was at 16 weeks. She said she's that impressed she's willing to pay again for better pics now she's around 30 weeks xx

Finally told my mom and in laws we were preggers. Man Oh man. I have over 10 emails of healthy shake recipes.books. info on devices. We were kind of estranged and pow.this was so overload, but I'm happy it's been positive and not at all negative.. I don't know why I was so nervous..

Any of u ladies eat spicy food stopped or hear anything tlbad about it?

I do like spicy and I have not really been too nauseous Whee eating spicy good. I do nt over do it but just wondering

I haven't heard about spicy being bad and same as you when my m/s was at the worst I could have little bites of curry and keep it down.

Just last night I had spicy chicken nachos with a generous sprinkle of jalepenos :) I love me some chilli :haha:

I'm not planning on having spicy when breastfeeding because there I heard baby can taste it in your milk and their mouth will burn. Not sure how true that is but if alcohol passes through breast milk I figure maybe can spice?? Will have to research that some more.

Oh and I'm glad your announcement went great Nilla :)

I hope the new hospital cares for you better Pink! Like you said we have enough to worry about and added stress from inadequate care givers is the last thing you need! :hugs:

Never heard about it being bad of course too much is bad.... But i heard when you like spicy and salty foods you may be having a boy which we already know.... Maybe that's the reason.... I too like spicy that's one of the reasons why DH thinks we're having a boy.... We'll see....

What about lemon? I must have looked like a freak at the restaurant last night. I had soda water with lots of lemon and when it was done the waiter wanted to take my glass. I quickly grabbed it and then ate all the lemons before allowing him the glass. Now I'm embarassed haha :rofl:

I too will be embarrassed :rofl: but hey, we're pregnant and we're allowed to have whatever we can devour :lol: :haha:

I've never let up on spicy food. Intact I usually crave it and want to put spicy on everything. It is true that the spicy can pass into your breastmilk but it isn't much of a concern if you've eaten it regularly because the food you eat changes the amniotic fluid as well. And it won't make your milk burn the baby's mouth, you might notice they get a runny nose or gassy. Neither of my kids have had a hard time with me eating spicy food while nursing. Which is good because I would probably starve.
I don't get to get on here much, I try to read and keep up but seems as if every time I start typing I have to stop for the girls.
We had a scan on the 30th but the quality was awful. I almost wish I didn't go. They said once I was there that they weren't trained to see gender but could guess and then the umbilical cord was in between the legs. Oh well! Real one through my dr office is on the 12.

Thansk MissFox... I have some spicy nachos left over and will be having that for breakfast :)

I'm sorry your scan was a let down :nope: but will keep my FX that your next scan will be great and that baby will show you the ins or outs :winkwink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->