- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Thanks pink

Melissa when is your scan? My ob wanted me to wait til 20 weeksfor gender, but I couldn't wait. Even when she showed me boy bits at 16 weeks, she said it was too early, so I was still thinking I couldhave my little girl lol. it was pretty obvious though. We have to teach patience to our children, but it seems like I'm most anxious and impatient now.

https://www.bellybelly.com.au/pregnancy/old-wives-tales-boy-or-girl#.VKrb2sko6BZ

Some are silly, but the ones who know the sex, were any of these nwk

I have no idea... have my prenatal appointment tomorrow morning so I'll book it then.... would guess early February.... AKA Forever away :haha:

I'm so excited for your scan Melissa! :happydance: ...i'm scared my scan is going to show a willy has appeared since 16wks!

Thx for the understanding Nillabean :hugs:

I think I'd need to investigate the hospital's ER policy... My local GP is the one that did my early scans for me as he has a machine. He has terminal liver and pancreas cancer so not sure how long he will still be well otherwise I'll just pop in there again between 20 weeks and birth. He doesn't even charge a 1/4 of the price OB's do :shock: so that's cool.

I was always under the impression that everyone got a 12 and a 20 week scan at least. Its really shocked me that your having to wait till 20weeks.
I'd be pretty upset if I was you hun, and I agree that there should be no reason that just because someone is not classed as high risk they should seem any less important or put behind people classed as high risk xx

I had a regular doctor appointment today. It went really well. He was able to find her heartbeat right away. He was very happy with how everything looked from the testing in St. Louis (genetic blood work and nt scan).

I have my anatomy scan on the 14th. My next doctor appointment is on February 2. Then, he said about four weeks after that he will start growth scans (I believe every four weeks) and nonstress tests shortly after that two times a week.

I'm glad they are watching little girl so closely! The extra ultrasounds make me a little nervous, but I will not turn down any extra chances to make sure she is doing well!

So exciting for all the scans!
I'm sure the next one I have will be better as it is scheduled through my dr office.
I've had plenty of ultrasounds with all of my pregnancies. But I'm fat so my OB gets giggly and says she doesn't want to waste time trying to use the Doppler snd will just use the ultrasound machine. It is usually very quick but still nice.
I'm 19 weeks today! Yay!

I'm overweight and most of it is in my tummy. Typical from having PCOS. I have no issues whatsoever finding the heartbeat on my doppler and my doctor has not had any issues. That's actually pretty rude your doctor says it'd be a waste of time because you're too big and likely not true at all.

I was always under the impression that everyone got a 12 and a 20 week scan at least. Its really shocked me that your having to wait till 20weeks.
I'd be pretty upset if I was you hun, and I agree that there should be no reason that just because someone is not classed as high risk they should seem any less important or put behind people classed as high risk xx

I was shocked when I learned it as well! I also thought you would get an early scan etc.

Don't get me wrong though, I love living within walking distance to the beach and it being such a small quiet town (you fart and everyone knows what you had for dinner last night) but I really miss the big city in instances like this. Pregnant friends pretty much saw their OB's once a month and got regular scans etc. Then they scare me in saying stuff like "how would you know everything is fine if you don't go for scans etc"
Thanks for the added panic!!

I'm sure the next one I have will be better as it is scheduled through my dr office.
I've had plenty of ultrasounds with all of my pregnancies. But I'm fat so my OB gets giggly and says she doesn't want to waste time trying to use the Doppler snd will just use the ultrasound machine. It is usually very quick but still nice.
I'm 19 weeks today! Yay!

Happy 19 weeks!!

Yeah this is one of my pet pevs!!
It's such an easy excuse! I got told my bmi was far too high. I'm classed as clinicly obese apparently. My scan at 12weeks was a breeze and my midwife found the heart beat today with out even trying!
I think is an excuse for people there are sh!t at their jobs or low quality equipment. Someone would be in serious danger of being force fed my fist if they told me they couldn't get a scan or heart beat cos I was fat!
My sister is a Curvy girl and was even more so with her earlier pregnancies and no one ever warned her they wouldn't get a scan due to her size!
Too many people have jumped on the 'weight' band waggon, they need to be better educated!!

It's like staffie dogs, in another few years they will move on to something new, will be unhealthy to be over a certain height or something

I also think it is terrible to mention weight. What happened to each pregnancy is different even in the same women??

I mean just because they struggled with another lady to find the heart beat and assumed it was due to her weight it doesn't mean that every other lady with a bit of extra weight will be a struggle as well!

So I guess I just jinxed myself about dreams... I just had one. It's about my mom (who had MC before I was conceived in real life), she said she MC'd because she never covers her feet and leaves it cold every time she sleeps. When i woke up i found my feet uncovered and cold took me awhile to realized it's just a dream and coulnt possibly be the reason why my mom MC'd.... Still i got worried.... I hate dreaming about MCs... I just don't like it... And I don't want it to happen to anyone....

Why can't we only have good dreams? We've already been worried and stressed while awake so having more during our sleep is too much....

I agree with you mdscpa.
I usually wake up way to quick from my good dreams and that ticks me off :)

I'm 19 weeks today! Yay!
It's one thing to try and then tell u she will use the machine than not try at all and get GIGGLY.what the heck is funny? Does she think u don't have feelings? U should've made her try. Some of ppl get to me too much. Pick a different profession if u don't have any bedside manner. There are too many people in jobs they shouldn't have, just because they want to make money.doctors,therapists,dentists,ppl who work in fast food places...u name it.

Do u have a Doppler at home that u use? My feeling would be so hurt and I'm hurt that she laughed. Seems like ur taking it better than me and I'm not even the one who experienced it.

When I had an ultrasound at 13 weeks I believe, the techs were asking me why my doc would have me get an ultrasound because the baby is too small. I said well that doesn't make sense because o had an ultrasound at 7 weeks and baby was even smaller. Can't u just do Wat it says to do in the referral and stop asking me questions and try before u say my baby is too small for an ultrasound? Ding dongs

And ur so right wunnabubba. Even with me. I have a tilted uterus and baby is almost always upside down and pushing in the furthest corner he Can into my back. The little glimpse we saw of him at the 3d place was literally after 30 min. Because he slightly came towards my belly instead of further in my back and more hidden. Hopefully I'm making sense. Anywho. The position of baby is even different for everybody, so u never know what will or will not be difficult unless u try. She said if my placenta was in the front, then I really would not have been able to see baby until later on. I'm so happy it's in the back

Jeezz it sounds to me like somewhere out there there are many people who deserves to be punched in the mouth. Needs to be done hard enough so that they end up brushing their teeth through their bums! :growlmad:

I think some people in the medical profession needs to think about what they want to say before they say it. I remember a few years ago I was bitten by a button spider (not sure if you guys know what they are but they are poisonous) and I had this HUGE red bump forming on my arm. I promise you it was pretty much the size of the top of my arm.
DH took me to hospital as I needed treatment and at the ER while waiting for the doctor the nurse looked at it and said it looked like a flea bite :saywhat:

I suffer from arachnophobia and I'm scared sh*tless that I'm going to die and you tell me a flea bite. I just about let her have a peace of my mind and told her to please get the doctor before she herself will require medical attention.

Sorry for rambling, I just love sharing stories where people say the dumbest things :D

Hi Nilllabean,

Just wanted to correct what your doc said about "She said if my placenta was in the front, then I really would not have been able to see baby until later on.", I think she might be referring to seeing the baby's kick from the outside. I have an anterior (in front) placenta and we saw the baby via abdominal scan... I'm also not alarm because they say that in most cases they migrate to the back or posterior.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/anterior-placenta.aspx

She was giggly because she wanted to do an ultrasound but needs a "medical reason" to do it. It didn't upset me especially because the appointment after that the other dr couldn't find the heart beat. My uterus is in a weird position and they freak out when they can't find the heart beat and end up doing an ultrasound anyways. I'm also clinically obese and they highly encourage me to gain as little weight as possible. I don't think she said it to be rude. I've had other providers be very rude about it even when I was a lot lighter with my first pregnancy. "You're overweight do you really need to watch what you eat and try not to gain weight" with a very snarky attitude towards me. I shut that bitch down. I guess I'm just in love with my dr this time (she was my dr last time for my vbac)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->