- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Hi Nilllabean,

Just wanted to correct what your doc said about "She said if my placenta was in the front, then I really would not have been able to see baby until later on.", I think she might be referring to seeing the baby's kick from the outside. I have an anterior (in front) placenta and we saw the baby via abdominal scan... I'm also not alarm because they say that in most cases they migrate to the back or posterior.

https://www.whattoexpect.com/pregnancy/ask-heidi/anterior-placenta.aspx
im not talking about all women. I said all women are different. And the position MY baby was in, you would not have been able to see him. I have a tilted uterus and my baby likes to lean more towards my spine and is almost always facign upside down. Even for my scan today lol. took about 10 minutes for her to finally be able to start measuring. so if i had my placenta in the front, the way in which the baby was positioned, u wouldnt have been able to get a good shot. anywho. Everyone is different. Just because one woman is large and its hard to find baby heartbeat, doesnt mean it will be as hard for the second large woman who comes in. And just because one woman has an easy time finding heart beat with an anterior placenta, doesnt mean the next one will have just an easy time. Hopefully i make sense. Nothing needs to be corrected i think :p .. i dont know if u can remember the gender pic. thats an example of him being upside down and turned around. certain things u just couldnt see at all. including a between the leg shot.

omg wunnabubba. thats a horrid story :/

i feel so blessed and happy that things are looking up.
so as you guys know, i changed hospitals, but where i see my ob, is not where i would give birth. Today was my first time visiting the main hospital and man oh man it is so much better. This is also a military training facility, but such a difference.

At the first hospital, the trainees(or nurses) gave me my ultrasound while the doctor nnever came in the room but signed off on it (so when i had complained, it was only documented that a doctor saw me)

well today, they ASKED me if the trainee could be in the room. I thought that was very thoughtful. I agreed and everything went well.

It was this big room and instead of me breaking my neck to catch a glimpse of the monitor, they had a big screen to the right of me, so i could see everythign! I was so amazed and so happy..

next thing u know it i scream (a tiny scream) . a scream of joy. She surprised me and showed me 4d movement of baby. I waas so shocked and happy. She said he had moved from his bad position and sshe was able to get a good shot of his head. I didnt even have to pay for 3d imaging last week! And this was so much more clearer and defied. I could not believe that this hospital offers this and any gestational age without even having to be asked.

not only that, at my last hospital, once i was like 5 min late and she said she had no time for me lol. It was snowing znd so many accidents on the freewy, so we were like 25 minutes late. I apologized and she mde me feel so comfortable. I really did feel bad, but she didnt rush not one thing and took her time with me.

and yayyyyy I got to see a close up side profile for the first time in 2d

b11.jpg
this was maybe like 45 seconds of the whole 40 something minutes lol. everything else was facing the other way. im happy she was so patient. in this position, he was actually smiling then opening and shutting his mouth. Is was tear jerking and exciting. oh . and he is holding his umbilical ord
b111.jpg
he was sucking his thumb for this one.

Im am so excited for you ladies and hope you guys get the opportunity to see this and that we all give birth to healthy babies as well as enjoying the pregnancy

Ah Nillabean, I'm so happy with how well it went for you!
If my 20 week scan goes half as good as your scan went today I will be right over and around the moon :D

Dh thinks I'm a loon because I'm smiling as I'm reading your story and he doesn't know what I'm smiling about, I'm just so happy for you!

Nilllabean, dont take my last post the wrong way i was merely correcting what your doc said not you. And i understand that everybody's different. And at this stage (early pregnancy) baby has lots of room and keeps on moving and there will be a time that it'll be hard to see what the sonographer wants to see. Apologies if you thought im correcting you....

thanks so much wunna. im hoping u get to experience the same thing! :) thanks for being happy for me.

no worries mdscpa. i knew u werent correcting me but the doc, and i didnt think the doc needed correcting. It was difficult to see him and take proper measurements because of his position last time. i just wanted to let u know about position n stuff. wasnt angry or anything. and i didnt mean she said we couldnt see him at all. so maybe i wasnt specific. sorry

any of u guys exercising? I havent been and when i walked in that gigantic hospital, i felt parts of my thighs burning lololol. i wasnt even jogging or anything. just a lot of flights and walkign hard in the snow. phew ^^. i wasnt out of breath or anything though

Hi all. I'm new to this site, but I'm so glad I found you all. I'm cautiously expecting June 22, 2015 with my rainbow baby after experiencing a miscarriage from a blighted ovum in October of 2013. I'm actually needing some advice. With this pregnancy, I'm not really letting myself get excited about things. Subconsciously, I find myself feeling guilty any time I say "we'll have a baby in our house this summer" or anything of that nature. I won't let myself buy any baby things or even look at nursery ideas on Pinterest. We were getting scans/dopplers done every other week, but it's been almost a month since our last visit and I'm incredibly paranoid that something might have happened in the time we haven't seen baby. Someone tell me that this is all normal and that I'm not just paranoid and obsessive.

Welcome Gaddie :hi:
I'm sorry about your loss :hugs: I myself haven't had any loss before so I cannot relate 100%
However if I was in your position I too would have been worried so I would say your worries are normal.

Easier said than done, but try to be positive. You owe ot to yourself and your baby to enjoy your pregnancy. I will keep fx that everything will continue just fine until you have a sweet little baby in your arms!

i thought this was a mod about to close the thread with the red..

hI GADDIE, nice to meet you! I am sorry how you are feeling annd about ur miscarriage. i can say that i too fell in somewhat of a depression and kind of talked myself out of having a conection. I had a miscarriage too and with this pregnancy, they told me i would lose this little one. I havent expressed this before, but I even went as far to look at photos of miscarriage babies to desensitize myself (when) it happened to me. I wasnt getting proper help and not only was i scared for babys life, but mine as well. it was not really until last week my first 3d ultrasound where i got excited and more comfortable with my help and i went out and bought first baby outfit for the little one. Sometimes negative thoughts hit me, but I think how far weve come and focusing on the present. I realize anythign can happen at any moment, but the negative thoughts just add more unnecessary stress. I didnt take pics of my bump. avoided the mirrors etc

are you getting proper treatment? is ur hubby encouraging u with having a relationship with ur baby?

are you able to ring your ob and tell her you are feeling scared and would like to come in for a quick ultrasound? or ossbyly go to ur er if ur feeling pain or depression and express that u want to make sure ur baby is ok. Its ok to be cautious, but maybe u can try buying an article of clothing and see how it feels after the fact.

also. one thing that helped my negative thoughts, was if my baby did survive and me not being able to share positive stories with him/her. I pushed myself to do positive thigns, so that I would be able to share with the bbaby. I Hope u feel better soon, and i hope u stay in the group and update us.

the ladies are nice here and will give u a lot of help and encouragement. gl

Hi all. I'm new to this site, but I'm so glad I found you all. I'm cautiously expecting June 22, 2015 with my rainbow baby after experiencing a miscarriage from a blighted ovum in October of 2013. I'm actually needing some advice. With this pregnancy, I'm not really letting myself get excited about things. Subconsciously, I find myself feeling guilty any time I say "we'll have a baby in our house this summer" or anything of that nature. I won't let myself buy any baby things or even look at nursery ideas on Pinterest. We were getting scans/dopplers done every other week, but it's been almost a month since our last visit and I'm incredibly paranoid that something might have happened in the time we haven't seen baby. Someone tell me that this is all normal and that I'm not just paranoid and obsessive.

Regarding exercise, we live real close to the beach so each day that weather permitted we would walk along the beach with our dog. THEN morning sickness hit and all I wanted to do was sleep next to the toilet :haha:

It's better now so I'm trying to join dh and the dog for a daily walk. I just don't want to overdo it as I wasn't fit to start off with :D

Regarding exercise, we live real close to the beach so each day that weather permitted we would walk along the beach with our dog. THEN morning sickness hit and all I wanted to do was sleep next to the toilet :haha:

It's better now so I'm trying to join dh and the dog for a daily walk. I just don't want to overdo it as I wasn't fit to start off with :D

i hear ya. and :( i miss the beach. so awesome. sounds so peaceful and relaxing.

p.s u look tiny ;)

i hear ya. and :( i miss the beach. so awesome. sounds so peaceful and relaxing.

p.s u look tiny ;)

You'll probably think I'm a real noddy, but what does the tiny comment mean :haha:

p.s u look tiny ;)

You'll probably think I'm a real noddy, but what does the tiny comment mean :haha:
lol. i have no idea wat noddy is, but tiny means small

https://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LsPQkWhe1IY/Td7kjIxCZzI/AAAAAAAAFFY/CJlonOZdOxk/s400/big-dog-and-little-dog.jpg
the small dog is the tiny one. u seemed short and small . in a good way though :)

Oh duh :dohh: Don't mind me, I sometimes struggle to think further than the length of my nose bwahaha :rofl:

Yes, I am a real shorty so I'm not that much longer than the bump pics show. But what I lack in length I make up for in personality :haha:

Does anyone else have serious pee issues? :wacko:
I try to limit fluids before bed. Get into bed and end up peeing AT LEAST 3 times before falling asleep. Then I have a long pee during the night as well. Where does it all come from??? :shock:

Oh duh :dohh: Don't mind me, I sometimes struggle to think further than the length of my nose bwahaha :rofl:

Yes, I am a real shorty so I'm not that much longer than the bump pics show. But what I lack in length I make up for in personality :haha:

lololololol. u thought i thought u were tiny just by the words you typed? that would be funny. and yes, u do have an awesome personality :thumbup:always a great thing to have

You're not alone Gaddie... It's completely normal to get worried about what might have happened in between scans.... I got my last scan at 13 weeks and the next one will be at 20 weeks thats 7 weeks apart and im teying so hard to just think of the bright side. I do have a fetal doppler though at home so whenever i worry too much i try to listen to baby's heartbeat once i hear it i get to calm down myself. Today we used it instead of every thursday not that im worrying but DH just wanna hear it so i let him.... Your baby is ok and will always be ok.... :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->