- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Nillabean:
Oh no its still gonna be in 2016. I don't fancy a 4 hour drive a month before my due date haha. So baby will be nearly a year old ( about 10months ish) for the wedding x
I suffer with anxiety and the thought of all that attention is giving me nightmares already so we thought private would be nice,
Do u ever wish you hadn't done it that way? I only ask to get an honest opinion from someone who has already done it x
We also thought as we would never be able to go abroad again with my brain condition and OH's heart condition insurance would be 3 times the price of an actual holiday. So a few days away for the wedding would also double up as little honeymoon xx

Smartie:
Glad ur MW appointment went well xx

No. I'm fine with how it went. That's how our lives were then and we did it for us, not others. Yea it sucks now but doesn't really matter.my mom knew I would be a virgin til I got married and when I told her I got pregnant, mqrriage wasn't even the topic of conversation. I'm actually surprised she hasn't brought it up. But Yea. It's not like we were gonna wait any longer for the sake of others.

I'm with u. I don't like all eyes on me either and have hqd bad anxiety for a while. I think ur idea is awesome and it's what YOU can handle. It's your wedding not theirs. They should be happy they are coming to a reception lol. Most of all respect your decision. I don't like when ppl don't understand your difficulties and only express anger instead of encouragement. Like even if they wanted to be apart maybe encouraging u that they Will be supportive and only parents come or something and try to compromise. Or expressing their support before their disappointment. I hope u enjoy your wedding and u guys cherish it forever.

I think if that is how you want to get married then that is how you should! We got married in pajamas in our friends living room. It was mostly planned but we weren't 100% sure we could pull off the plan. Our moms were mad because we didn't tell them but oh well. We are hoping to have a "wedding" this fall. We had DHs best friend get ordained online so he could sign the marriage license. I sometimes wonder how it would have been different if we had our big wedding but it worked for us at the time.

Nillabean: that is such an amazing thing and I respect you greatly that you remained a virgin till you were married, I wish it was a tradition that was still much more popular.
I've never regretted anything in my life but some times I do wonder if that would have been a better option for me, but on the other hand I might not be where I am now finally marrying the man I know is right for me.
I Defo agree on the family should support you no matter what. I just think it was hard for them to imagine not being there I think it's different with me as I always grew up saying I never wanted children and I never wanted to get married. It wasn't untill I met my OH I changed my mind x
I've told my parents they can come it's just that it's quite a distance from where we live and they would either have to drive there for the day and drive home or stay overnight and I'd feel cheeky expecting anyone to do that but I have no issue if that's what they want to do x

Missfox: wow pj's wedding, now that is amazing!
And what a memory it must be. We originally wanted OH's mate to be ordained and get married in a place we loved to go walking before I got to immobile but we was going to have a big reception at one of the pubs at the bottom but with it being in the yorkshire dales non of the pubs would be able to accommodate the guests haha. So we had to change that idea.
I have said ti family that if there really that bothered about not seeing the ceremony we would include a small 'blessing' for the party, I'm not trying to exclude anyone it's just wat we want xx

Thanks ladies for the support, it's great to hear different opinions, especially from those that have had a similar experience xx

I understand where u are coming from pink

And Thanks, I really appreciate it.

I got my first maternity clothes yesterday. I got this one blue dress and that well be the dress I take my bump pics in I think. Of the black one.it's so comfy. I just don't like things with super short sleeves, so I got q big oversized cardigan I think it's called. The sweater with no buttons in front..I Also got some maternity pants... they r so comfy but I think this will just be worn under like my dress or something so There's no extra wiggle and jiggle lol. Plus they look like skinny jeans qnd umm no Ty. I wanted some bras Bht they didn't even have my size so sad.

I agree with the other ladies Pink, it is YOUR wedding and you do what you want. I'm glad you got a special date as well :)

Nilla, I got maternity jeans 2 weeks ago and they are AWESOME and like you the flipping store didn't have my size bra's either!!!

I don't mean to offend anyone but do clothing stores really think that only small skinny girls get pregnant? I'm only saying it like that because the bras were all much smaller than me! Again no offense to anyone I just feel sad as well that I wasn't catered for.

I agree with the other ladies Pink, it is YOUR wedding and you do what you want. I'm glad you got a special date as well :)

Nilla, I got maternity jeans 2 weeks ago and they are AWESOME and like you the flipping store didn't have my size bra's either!!!

I don't mean to offend anyone but do clothing stores really think that only small skinny girls get pregnant? I'm only saying it like that because the bras were all much smaller than me! Again no offense to anyone I just feel sad as well that I wasn't catered for.

wat size was the biggest bra at the store. and im glad u like your pants. it feels so comfy over my stomach and back area. did u get any dresses or shirts?

i dont like shirts that just come to my waist. its like you lift your arms and shirt rises. i like long and not tight

Reporting in with my official bfp! Due date 9/20/15. Same birthday month as me! Praying that this one gets to come home from the hospital! Hope everyone in June is doing well!!!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 4
Reporting in with my official bfp! Due date 9/20/15. Same birthday month as me! Praying that this one gets to come home from the hospital! Hope everyone in June is doing well!!!!

congrats :) u can now change your status to pregnant instead of trying to conceive :p

That's great kdmalk!!!! Am praying that this is your forever baby.... Really happy for you....

pink_phoenix : I wanted to share with you that husband and I had a small wedding as well. My parents had told us that we would have a set amount of money from them. We decided we wanted to kind of wrap a trip in with the wedding. We decided to get married in Las Vegas. Not a like fly by night drive through chapel! ha ha We had it all planned and such before going at a nice little chapel. My parents decided they wanted to come along as did two close friends (who were our maid of honor and best man).

I didn't care about a reception even, but my parents wanted one. So, we had a small reception about a month later where my parents made a lot of the food and we ordered chicken. It was super laid back.

I loved it all being so relaxed and don't regret a minute! After all, it is truly about the marriage, not the wedding. I worry about people who focus so much on making their wedding a huge elaborate day and seem to lose the fact that there is a life long marriage that goes with that day. :)

kdmalk - Congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you!

Congratulations that's great news.

We're getting married in February and my oh didn't want a big do so we're just having a small ceremony with a few guests who are either family or life long friends. Just do whatever you want, as the others have said, it's about the marriage not the day.

Yea, there are no pictures or anything of the day. Oops.
Congrats! Hope this time is your time.
I avoided maternity clothes for so long with my first. That being said, I could still button my pre pregnancy pants the day before I had my first. With my 2nd I had some maternity clothes already and dove in much faster. Plus a friend gave me a lot of clothes so it worked out for me to wear them. This time I was starting s new job right after I found out I was pregnant and needed new clothes for work so I bought more maternity clothes because I will need them for a while. Plus I wear some of the pants for a while after I have the baby to help hold the jiggle. Lol

Kdmalk, that's great news! September babies are awesome! :)

Aww kdmalk congratulations!

Smoore: thank you very much for the comment, it's lovely to get so many positive comments. I think if we had a bit more money would have loved to do las vagas and make a honeymoon out of it too but with a baby due that's taken our priority as I imagine it would with anyone haha x
Even seen a dress that I like but one from China for $80 that works out around £60 which I'd be more than happy with xx

wat size was the biggest bra at the store. and im glad u like your pants. it feels so comfy over my stomach and back area. did u get any dresses or shirts?

i dont like shirts that just come to my waist. its like you lift your arms and shirt rises. i like long and not tight

OMG we are so alike! I hate short shirts as well, I NEED them to be longer and go AT LEAST half way down my bum :D

I think the biggest one they had was like a 36B :saywhat:
I wanted to buy a 38 and a 40 (leave some space to grow into the bigger bras) because we live in a small coastal town and we don't have a maternity store here. I had to drive about 3 hours to the nearest town (almost 250 km) to get to the nearest mall with maternity clothes.

Needless to say pissef off does not even begin to describe how outraged I was. I didn't buy any new shirts or dresses as I have lots of flowy shirts and dresses already and they are doing great so far. My biggest days will be in the middle of our winter so I'll just buy a few bigger jerseys and jackets when the time comes.

Congratulations!! I wish you a happy and healthy 9 months and hope that comes September you'll be celebrating more than just your birthday!

Aww kdmalk congratulations!

Smoore: thank you very much for the comment, it's lovely to get so many positive comments. I think if we had a bit more money would have loved to do las vagas and make a honeymoon out of it too but with a baby due that's taken our priority as I imagine it would with anyone haha x
Even seen a dress that I like but one from China for $80 that works out around £60 which I'd be more than happy with xx

awesome price:thumbup:

I actually bought a bridesmaid dress instead of a bridal gown. I couldn't stomach the prices for one day, plus we did some walking around for pictures after and I didn't want to deal with a whole gown! :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->