- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Is it bad I've got most of the stuff I need now?? Just a changing table and a few bits of clothes left haha!
Ode red our cot and a baby food blender and bottles yesterday and our next stage car seat and the isofix base to do the new one and our existing car seat are at the shop with last payments due in Feb! Feel a bit like maybe I've done it all too fast! Xx

No I don't think it is bad! I'm a bit jealous :haha:

We started on the nursery this weekend. By that I mean it use to be a spare bedroom so I dismantled the wooden frame beds :ninja:
Yes I can use men's tools as well LOL
Cot is in there, baby bath is in there, the over 400 nappies I have bought is in there. We still need a lot of clothes, toiletries, changing table, nursing chair, heater and many more. I actually feel so unorganized!

My main concern now is that dh needs to build the closet in the room and he is procrastinating... I'm trying to explain to him that in 3 weeks I'll be 5 months pregnant, we find out the baby's gender. Then the month after that it is my sister's bacholerette, after that her wedding and after that I'll be 8 months and so on.
He just doesn't seem to feel my nesting urge and sense of urgency :haha:

Just catching up on this now :dohh: really hope nilla and bubba are okay sending out my prayers :flower:

Wow you ladies are super organised! I've literally only bought a few blankets so far :dohh: I guess I do have a lot of Kian's old stuff though haha , just really waiting to find out the gender before we start proper shopping did the same last time too tbh :flower:

Yes Sarah, I'm really worried about her as she hasn't updated us since yesterday when she left to go to hospital :(

I'm also waiting for the gender to start going crazy!
I think my urgency in wanting it all done now is because I'm not huge yet and I have a bit of energy now :)

I'll cut dh some slack this week, he seems to be coming down with a cold. Poor thing doesn't take well to being sick.

Top point of annoyance today is having washed all the bedding from the spare room and hanging it out to dry just in time for the rain to hit :dohh:

Fingers crossed everything is okay and she's just not posted due to being tired or something :hugs:

You ladies rock..... We haven't even bought anything yet... But we started looking last Friday... Maybe we'll wait for our 20 weeks scan before we hit the mall....

I bought some neutral stuff like vests and towels first then left the big stuff till we found out gender.
Ohh I forgot about a nursing chair....must add that to my list. I've just ordered our changing table and got a baby carrier sling haha!
I'm sure I'll find all sorts more I want. My friends little girl is due in Feb and all she keeps telling me is don't buy anything haha so she can off load to me so she's got lots of room haha x

I'm hoping nillas ok, keep checking back to see if she's wrote anything anywhere else x

Do you ladies have a budget for baby stuff? We haven't bought anything yet, and have only just started looking. Of course so far the things I really want seem to be the most expensive, though most of the stuff that gets me excited is for when they'll be a little bit older, so I won't need it for a newborn.

I keep checking in to see if nilla posted. Thinking of you and baby. I hope all is alright!

As for buying stuff - we had a lot from Connor already. Crib, changing table, rocking chair, bumbo, boppy, jumperoo.

Family friends who know they are done passed on to us - swing, bassinet, bouncy chair, playmat, and are selling us for pretty much highway robbery (meaning they are getting robbed - great deal) a whole bedroom set, including all the wall hangings, bedding, etc.

The only big items we need to register for are pretty much car seat, highchair, baby monitor, and stroller. Then, any smaller stuff. I can't wait to start making up the room and have been dying to buy a bunch of little girl clothes.

However, I know my sister is throwing a shower and inviting about 60 family and friends. Plus, my family has already been buying a ton of baby girl clothes (my parents have 8 grandsons - first granddaughter!), so I'm pretty much putting myself on hold until after the shower! (in April at some point)

Uhh ohhh I couldn't resist but start to count down the days.... :dohh: :haha: this time I better get to see my wee bubba!! Haha

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 2
Okay I'm on my phone so hoping I can remember to add everyone's questions etc.

We don't have a budget as such on baby items, but we try to buy what is necessary and not luxury at this stage. The crib/cot is a family antiqye :D Dh is 46 years old and he was the 1st to sleep in it, then dh, and long after BIL's 2 sons. So I'm more than happy to have it for dh's child. My mom bought the stroller and bedding for us.

Everyone also keeps telling me that I shouldn't buy lots of clothes as people do that at the baby shower :D

I have however started buying diapers in various sizes now already. I have 330 0-5kg diapers, over 100 5-9kg diapers and over a 100 9-11kg diapers.

Dh being the clown he is asked if the kg on die diaper is for the amount of poo it will hold. I swore death upon him if he left the baby's diaper to gather 5kg of poo :rofl:

Sarah, sometimes the countdown drags but sometimes it is nice to know exactly how many days are left :D You're getting your scan 1 day before me! I'm soooo on the edge op my seat the whole time! I cannot wait anymore!

:rofl: I can't help it Wunna... With all the things you said, the last part made me :rofl:

Don't worry after I gave him a talking to I had to leave the room to :rofl: in another room. I know he knows better but he can purposefully be such a clown.

We both love being funny / silly so hopefully our baby is happy go lucky as well :D

yeah my other half is a bit of a muppet at times haha!he thinks hes much funnier than he actually is!
poor sod

Hahahah Pink, DH sometimes tells me I'm breaking my bum laughing over nothing. So I also find myself funnier than I apparently am :haha:

He thinks he's funnier than he is at the wrong times, he thinks everything can be cured with humour and at times I just wanna swipe for him ha!
I just am that damn funny!! Haha! Only kidding x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->