- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Glad the scan went well Kit

I'm not worried about the baby either oceania. But I have other concerns; like my house is a disaster and not even close to fit for a newborn right now (dog and cat + minimal cleaning = fur everywhere). I know we'll get everything together in time, but I always feel so overwhelmed that I can't seem to get started. But this is nothing new due to being pregnant. And that's really my only concern, other then thinking I could be eating and exercising better.

I'm glad it went well Kit but sorry that baby didn't play with! But if you look at the glass half full you get another scan pretty soon :dance:

OMW Treeroot, I could have said what you said in your post... I'm also thinking about the house part, dh still needs to build a closet in the nursery, then child proofing, I too have 2 cats and a big alsation dog and they all just love shedding...
I spring cleaned the nursery this weekend though and since then the door has been closed... no pets allowed :D

Some cuteness coming - my eldest cat who is still my baby has decided she is not quite ready for baby yet and a few nights ago before I cleaned out the spare room to turn it into a nursery I found her sleeping in the pram... my heart melted just there :D
Lets all say aaaaaaaaahhhhh :rofl:

Aww kit glad scan went ok even if bub wasn't in a co-operating mood.

Awww wunna that's adorable :cloud9:
These are the things I'm missing most about loosing my fur baby last year.
I found out I was expecting the 1st time while she was poorly and thought she would make it till bub arriving but sadly we lost her in April. Then the stress and heart break from that coupled with a few other issues led to me loosing the bub in may! All I wanted was my kiara to meet my baby before she went but it just wasn't ment to be.
She was always so great with my sister while pregnant and with babies once they arrived. I felt so guilty for a while that I'd denied her ever meeting a baby of mine as I was adamant I never wanted kids. And now looking back I really realise what I've missed out on!
I hope you all get the enjoyment out of introducing bub to family pets and make the most of their relationships. It truly is a gift xx

Ah Pink, that is just heartbreaking!!!!
Kiara did get to meet your little one though, even if it wasn't under the circumstances you wanted. I believe in them being together and they are watching over you :hugs: :hugs:

Aww hun that made me cry lol I'm such a softie at the minute. Thank you, was such a lovely thing to say :hugs:

Ah I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you cry... now I'm crying as well.
I just wish I could do more to take your pain away :hugs:

Glad the scan went great, kit :) hope baby decides to be a little less shy in your next scan! Jealous that your hospital can squeeze you in for a second scan before me though :grr:

Just hope these next 15 days fly by I'm becoming really impatient and told OH that I won't opt for a private scan unless the sex can't be told. Going so slow.

Aww wunna I'm sorry, it wasn't a bad cry, just sometimes it's harder to talk about her but I'm scared if I don't it's like I'm forgetting her!
What you said made me smile because it's nice when someone else thinks the same way as you, I do feel their together now and looking after me and bub xxx

Thanks ladies for all the replies and support :hugs: I would reply to each individually but I'm having an off day where my head is half here and half somewhere else :dohh: your kind words are truly appreciated though! And I do feel a bit better about how I am feeling as yous have said it can be common! Just still hoping that I will feel that close bond as I did with my first soon, fingers crossed! :thumbup: :flower:

Thanks everyone :)

Sarah - Sorry to hear that you're not feeling the 'bond' the way you'd like to, but I definitely think it's more common than you thought when you made your first post about it and it doesn't make you a bad person at all :hugs: We were trying for a long time to get our BFP (just over 5 years) and I had all sorts of expectations about pregnancy and bonding with baby and right now I'm not feeling that level of 'bond' that I expected to either. Don't get me wrong, I'm absolutely thrilled to be pregnant and I can't wait to meet our LO, but I'm not really 'bonding' with baby just yet either. For me, a lot of it is probably nerves about something going wrong and maybe not wanting to get too attached yet. I feel silly trying to talk to baby and things like that - I'm hoping it gets easier after we find out the gender and complete the anatomy scan! :hugs:

Treeroot - I can totally understand where you're coming from about pets, my house is a bit of a disaster at the minute too. We have two Labradors that seem to malt all over the place and no matter how much I vacuum there seems to be a never-ending supply of dog fur! On top of that I've got loads of crap to clear out of the spare room before I can even think about starting the nursery :dohh: Good luck to us both lol.

WunnaBubba2 - Thanks :) I should probably count myself lucky that I get an extra scan out of it, I'd not even thought of it that way :haha:

SmartieMeUp - Sorry that you have to wait for your scan :hugs: Is this a first anatomy scan or a rescan like mine? I know that they've had to squeeze me in and the receptionist was struggling to find a slot, but she said something about rescans having to be done within 3 weeks maximum but that they aim for 2 and that the same ultrasound tech. as did the first measurements has to complete the scan on the 2nd visit, but I'm not sure if all that's normal or just hospital/dept. policy.

Have i missed an update from nilllabean? I hope everything is ok.

I was just about to ask the same thing about Nilla :(
I really hope she's okay...

Yeah, I wish one of us had a separate way to contact her.

I tried to private message, thinking maybe she has it set up to email her if she gets one, but she has it set up so she can't receive messages. I've checked a few times to see her recent posts, but this thread was her last.

Really hoping all is okay and we hear from her soon.

Hope so too! I've also been checking but cannot find anything new from her :nope:

All we can do for now is pray I guess

Just caught up after a few days.

Nillabean I really hope you and baby are okay! I hope you both are better than okay. Thoughts and prayers and well wishes are with you!

Glad to see everyone progressing and the bumps getting bigger. Fingers crossed everyone continues to have a happy healthy pregnancy.

Finally got my scan today! It's a stubborn, wiggly, beautiful baby girl.

Thanks Wunnabubba. I'm over the moon! Little stinker held out as long as she could with keeping her legs crossed. The OB was just about to give up with 10 minutes of my appt left and then finally baby let us peek. Defo girl!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->