- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

We have lots of the big items ready, crib, bath, bedding, pram, car seat. I'll start focussing in clothes, extra blankets, linen as soon as we confirm gender :D

I'm just trying to not go to over the top with it all. There's nothing worse than not being able to move for stuff that's never used haha.
I've got a wardrobe full of clothes and shoes I've never used!! Will not be doing the same for bub x

I won't be doing that either. I have become better over the years in giving away/donating clothes that no longer fit me. When I got chubbiert I would hang on to I in case I lost the weight. I just decided to donate because if I did lose the weight I would deserve buying new clothes. Dh does not know how to purge! It drives me insane!

Our baby won't be getting that from dh :haha:

Ohhh I do that one haha. 'Aww I love this top/dress/pants, they will fit again soon' hahaha I've got bags and bags of stuff like that. My niece tends to get all my hand me downs or first refusal anyway x

I didn't purge either and then dh would fight with me if I bought new clothes. If I said I had nothing to wear he would always refer to the FULL closet :haha:

Bump looks good to me Pink

We're going to keep it a surprise Wunna. Though, I think I will get the info in a sealed envelope in case I want to know later.
And we're not prepared yet at all. Nothing bought, no baby space laid out. I'm not sure what we may be getting used from others, so I probably won't buy anything for quite awhile.

I just couldn't wait to find out gender haha, I love the idea of keeping it in the envolope secret but I doubt I'd even got home before I opened it xx

Thanks for the congrats everyone! I can't wait to see what the next batch of scans comes up with! I had a gut feeling it was a girl, but with all the boys due in June I thought for sure I would end up having a boy! My guts were right though! It was the coolest thing ever to feel her kick and see it on the screen at the same time. And knowing it was my baby girl....whole new level of bonding for me.

Slightly jealous at how well prepared you are, Pink! Good for you I feel like I am really lagging at getting things. I better start hitting the sales! I did get my whole crib and mattress set for free and I have a dresser and rocking chair that need a fresh coat of paint. Otherwise I really don't have anything! It's time to start shopping for sure! :happydance:

So at about 08h15 this morning I started getting upper abdominal cramps and pains! I thought I was stuck with the trapped wind from hell. Luckily nobody was at the office so I stretched myself, burped and farted :blush:
Nothing helped and I just couldn't get the cramps to go.

When my boss came in a few minutes later I was bent over in pain and she "chased" me to the leave the office and go see the Dr. Went to the GP and AGAIN I got antibiotics :(
1st time was kidney pipe infection and now 2nd time is bad bladder infection...

I just don't get how I still get these infections when I consume more than 2-3 litres of water a day. I'm flushing any possible trace of toxins. Anyhow at least I got meds and we caught it early.

She did my sugar test again and my blood sugar levels dropped from 6 to 4 which is much much healthier!

Also measured my Fundal height and it was at 18cm :D Dr said it is suppose to be 17cm at 17 weeks so mine is a bit ahead. Same as with my last u/s at 13 weeks, baby measured 14w1d.

Now just waiting for my u/s and if they still put me ahead then I'll update my due date :dance:

What are your opinions on changing the due dates? Should I stick to LMP, Confirmed O date or the scans and measurements?

I really don't get the moving due dates stuff, my friend who is due in Feb was put a week forward then told every scan and appointment since the baby is too small, like off the scale small. She was in once a week for ages for a scan and Doppler scans to check blood flow. All of these appointments she had to go on her own as DH works away and also has too boys the youngest of which has just started half days at school so stressful isn't the word. She was threatened with early induction, emergency c section the lot. And all this over Xmas only to be told at last scan 'oh she's grown and catching up, we will just leave you to it now'
I don't know about u but one I'd be pretty pissed off at the now lack of concern and also be pretty tempted to think who ever scan her and put her forward was a moron. If she was never put forward baby would have been right on track.
My sister with her 1st baby was told a different date every scan some times by weeks either way, her and my mother sat and worked it out by her LMP and low and behold that was the exact day my beautiful little niece made her way into the world x

Hope your feeling better soon wunna, infections are no fun at the best of times.
I always thought pregnant women got infections much easier regardless of how well they looked after thems selves. Is it not due to increased blood volume and the fact internally the body must be warmer and then easier for infections and bacteria to breed. I think we could live in a completely sterile environment and still have stuff going on inside you wouldn't even imagine xx

Thanks Pink, my Dr also said that it happens so much easier because you are pregnant so I'm okay with that.
Aches have thankfully subsided so I'm feeling much better.

I'm keeping my due date as is. According to LMP and confirmed o I would be due between 27 - 29 June.
I was just worried about the baby being ahead and the fact that I need to start putting forward maternity leave dates so that my boss can arrange a temp to stand in for me. I was worried if I get the dates wrong I might not have as much time with my baby.

We get 4 months total maternity leave so I'll try to continue working as close as possible to my due date so that there is enough time with baby after :)

What is it you do for work hun if you don't mind me asking? I think I would try and work up untill a few days before, depending what I worked as obviously.
And 4 months isn't too bad is it, will you go back to part time hours after?
Sorry for all the questions I'm just interested in stuff like this x
I must say the one and only good thing that's ever come from my disability is the fact i'll be at home but I'm scared of how I'm going to cope with not being able to get about, I'm struggling getting in and out of the bath as it is and I'm only 18 weeks. Was even sore getting in and out of the car yesterday :( xx

I work as a receptionist at a real estate agency. I say receptionist but it feels like I do everything except wiping the estate agents' bums when they are done on the loo.
6 of them and they can all be very demanding all at once. Seems like they sometimes forget that I am 1 vs 6 and I only have 2 hands. I don't like my job but I'm forced to do it as I live in small town and there isn't any other jobs available at the moment. I have to work for an income so I'm stuck :(

I'll come back full time after maternity leave so that I can maintain my salary unless I could do half day at the same salary which I doubt but anyway we'll see where that goes.

I've been wondering about you and if you don't mind me asking, what was your brain op for and the disability that you speak of? I would completely understand if you think I'm being nosy but I like to get to know you ladies :hugs:

Ohh not at all hun, you can ask all you like.
I have a condition called chiari malformation. The best way to explain it is that my brain formed down the opening of my skull to the brain stem and it causes issues with spinal fluid moving round. In my case it caused cysts in my spinal cord that has caused a permanent paralysis of certain nerves in my body. Luckily it only effected my left side, originally I lost ALL feeling in my face, hand and leg on the left side. After my operation it relieved a little of the presure and I got a little feeling back, enough to be able to walk short distances and stuff so I'm very great full for that.
My operation involved cutting a cresent moon shaped piece of skull out around the opening in my skull so everything could sit comfortably with out causing issues. It's classed as brain surgery but technically isn't as they didn't have to go into my brain but I'm awaiting opointments as they think I may need a further operation to this time go into the brain and tweek bits to see if it will help as the first operation was called as a failure as I still suffer with many of the problems they thought the op would fix xx

Yes I can imagine it's stressful. I worked in an estate agents when I was 17 and I remember the receptionist there was doing the job of everyone else in the shop!
I hope they take it easy on you soon hun, I'd hate to ne running round ragged all day at work pregnant xx

Tell me about it! By 5pm when I get home I'm bushed and too tired to cook dinner or clean etc and I'm not even at 20 weeks yet.

I'm sorry to hear about your condition, I cannot even imagine the pressure it puts on your daily life! You come across as a very positive person though and I admire that!!

I was pretty sour about it all to begin with but just thought I can complain for the rest of my life but it's not going to get me anywhere. And there's millions of people out there that fight a much worse war everday with illnesses and life long conditions than I do, I just needed to grow up and get on with it x
The hardest part was accepting I'd prob never work another day in my life. I'm used to anything up too 100 hrs a week working in security, my mental state took a real beating to beging with but I'm getting there now.
What will be will be xx
I hope the tiredness eases for you hun x bet you can't wait for some time off x

WOW! I love your way of thinking :hugs:

I'm sure being a stay at home mom will help ease the 'longing' to work. Full time job ahead for you :)

Yah I cannot wait for time off! I try not to bath to long at night because I fall asleep while soaking due to being so tired. I mean dh has just got to learn to deal with my legs not being shaved :haha:

Ahhh seeing photos like this on my timehop makes me so excited to soon be having another gorgeous baba in the house :baby: does make you wonder how much the next one will look like your first? Haha :twinboys: :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 5

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe