- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Treeroot
You and me both! Cannot wait for maternity leave to get here. My last working day is 19 June, expected due date June 27 and then I return to work on 1 November.

Sarah
I am sooooo glad you are going to get better care!!! Please let us know how it went today when you are back!
Also cannot wait for a bump pic!!!
You are next week Tuesday and I'm Wednesday... so close now :thumbup:

pink_phoenix
A very happy 20 weeks to you!!!
Love the bump - no chubby there!! :happydance:

I haven't washed any baby things yet because there is only like 4 or 5 onesies and one set of bedding. I'll wait till after my baby showerS and closer till baby is due.
Yip I'm having 2 showers. One for my friends and family who lives about 3 hours away and then one with my co-workers and friends where I live now :dance:

This is ur first time being seen in how long sarah? And all because they weren't doing their job. Omg. How horrid. Do u want to request a different midwife? Anywho I'm glad ur finally.going to get seen and hope u get proper help.

Awesome bump pinky!!!! looks great. And Yea I can see Wat ur saying about ur spine: / do u find itself walking different? I think I do already and I'm not even popping out like crazy.

As for clothes. Not yet. Once we move, and have dressers and stuff for baby, I will buy baby detergent and get everything nice and clean. For now, they are in bags still lol. I figured Also if I washed them too soon, they won't be as fresh baby spelling anymore . I love the smell of baby products for some reason. And the smell of baby 0_0

I'm 22 weeks Today. Can't believe it. I think these weeks are going by faster and the anticipation is growing. Unfits have so much set up already and we havent gotten anything like diaper bag/changing tablet. Crib etc.

Can u guys show links to the cribs u got or other big items? I saw thiamine crib that had a changing table attached and unavailable saw some cribs that are 4 in one where it turns into a twin bed and a toddler bed. Pretty neat. Anywho if u do, Thanks for sharing

Sarah - Glad that your midwife is finally listening and giving you that extra support and more scans, hope you feel better about things now x

Pink Phoenix - Gorgeous bump pics! :)

So... I finally had my anatomy rescan today and baby was just as awkward as last time! I drank loads before the scan because the ultrasound tech wanted me to have a full bladder this time (had a pint of coke followed by a pint of water at 9.30, pint of water at 10.30 and then another at 11.30 ish) and baby still seemed to be asleep before we left (no movements all morning again) so I had a rainbow dust straw (pretty much flavoured sugar) hoping to wake baby upon the way. Baby kicked a couple of times in the car and I thought we were on to a winner... but nope :haha:

At first, baby was curled up in a ball on it's tummy again with legs pulled up and arms over chest so no chance of getting heart measurements/gender again. The ultrasound tech also said my bladder was no where near full enough (even though I really needed to pee by this point), so she sent me out to walk up and down some stairs for 15 mins and DH got me a bottle of water from the café to drink too. We went back in and baby had rolled over, but was in the same position just on it's back - arms/legs still over chest.

So she sent me out again for 45 mins and told me to drink a bottle of lucozade and eat a bit of chocolate then walk round for half an hour then come back... which we did, even though I hate the taste of lucozade! :( We went back in and baby was still fast asleep but had stretched its arms above it's head a bit so we finally got the heart measurements - gender was still tricky as baby's legs were crossed so she had me lift my hips up and wiggle side to side a few times (so humiliating!) and then roll left to right on the bed a few times (DH was just about wetting himself laughing by this point) and baby finally (very briefly) uncrossed its legs, stretched and then curled in a ball again.

However, she did get a glimpse and she is pretty sure (not 100% though) that we are on

Team Blue!

She said she's pretty confident she caught a glimpse of baby having a penis/scrotum. She also said that if she'd not seen anything she wouldn't have said either way - she wouldn't have wanted to say girl because it was such a quick glance she might have just missed seeing boy parts but with it being the other way round and thinking she saw boy bits she's fairly confident but not 100%. I hope that makes sense :haha:

Attachments

• 22+6.jpg
    22+6.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 9
Nilla, I'm with you on waiting with the baby washing stuff, I want to have the smell there for as long as possible till baby gets to put his/her smell in the clothes. I dont want to wash to soon either because then I'll just have to rewash later and I hate laundry :haha:

Yay Kit, congrats on getting heart measurements and gender reveal.
Are you going for Team blue now or do you want to get a confirmation scan before settling?

I think we're sticking with Team Blue for now :)

DH wanted to wait to find out anyway and I didn't (I'm far too impatient) so the compromise is that we're keeping the gender a surprise for most of the family/friends anyway so he can still "announce" it at the end. We've told my parents, sister and best friend and that's it - everyone else will find out after the birth, his parents want a surprise too.

So most of the baby stuff from other people will be gender neutral and tbh most of the stuff we get will probably be fairly gender neutral as well so it's not the end of the world if it's wrong but I think knowing make it easier to bond for me. We'll still get a few bits in 'boy' colours but I guess I don't really subscribe to the whole 'pink for a girl', 'blue for a boy' kind of attitude. Same with nurseries and things, I know a lot of people go for the pretty pink princess nurseries for a girl and then totally the opposite or a boy and there's nothing wrong with that and I've seen some gorgeous nurseries done that way but personally I prefer something more gender neutral anyway.

We don't usually get any more scans in the UK but my consultant has ordered extra ones at 28 and 34 weeks so I will ask them to check the gender if possible, but we won't be paying for a private gender scan and the ultrasound tech was fairly confident so i'm fairly happy saying it's a boy.

If it was the other way round and she'd said girl but she wasn't 100% sure I'd be more cautious but my theory is that she's less likely to imagine seeing boy bits than to miss seeing boy bits altogether - I you know what I mean? :haha:

Sarah:
I Defo think it's worth a try, even if it doesn't help it's not like I've lost out haha!
Maybe you should get ur mum to ring about a bump support haha, midwife seemed to pull her finger out last time :happydance:

Wunna:
Thank you :happydance: does feel like an absolute life time already haha!
My best friend had a baby shower at the weekend and A LOT of people let her down at the last minute, was upsetting. But I think it's because it's not really that popular in our part of the U.K. I Defo don't think i'll plan one or maybe just have a day the family are round at my mum and dads.
I hope you have a wonderful time at you showers tho and get lots of lovely things for you and little one :hugs:

Nillabean:
Happy 22 weeks :cloud9:
Yeah I'm really struggling with walking, I was laughing the other day as my friend is due anytime and she walks fine and I'm waddling round like a plum goose haha.
I've actually got two wash loads full of stuff for baby including snow suits, sleep suits, blankets, bibs, booties and gloves, a sleeping bag and a few other bits so I thought I'd just do what I have now then another load abit later down the line haha! Lessen the load kind of thing.
I've just put up my changing table too with all its storage so everything will go away neat, OCD won't allow me to be messy haha!

https://m.direct.asda.com/george/ge...pact-cot-dusky-pink/001747223,default,pd.html

That's a link to my cot but will wait till much later to put that up haha and will post a pic of my changer xx

Kit:
Ohhh exciting stuff, what a little tinker baby already seems to be, bet will be a great little character x
Congratulations on a little man ( if for certain is) were you offered another scan or will you be able to have another to confirm? Pics are lovely, they do look very different shape to my scan so maybe it's true about skull shape and gender x

IMG_20150202_150333.jpg

That's our changing table. Came with all the material draws and a changing mat which I may make a cover for as it's just a plastic one at the minute, looked dreadful when I opened the box but I'm quite impressed with how it went together in the end. Quite impressed actually :blush:

Awesome story kit lol. Baby sounds stubborn like how mine was last week. I was there for over 2 hours trying everything possible. I was happy though because in the past at old hospital, they literally would try for 5 in answer reschedule me. Glad ur nurse was helpful!!!!! And awesome pics. Very cute profile. Did u get a glimpse in 3d?

And welcome to team blue... u know I couodnt think of what team to say a couple days ago which is why I said team pickle. How obvious is it to say team blue? Lol. I feel dumb.

Thanks for sharing the picture pink. Where did u get it? Looks pretty neat. Is this in your bedroom or a baby room? Will baby sleep with u or in a crib.

I want a crib, but at night I want baby Oh bed with me. During the day for naps n stuff he can be in his crib.

P.s pink... it snows where u are in June??????? Just asking Cuz u got snowsuits

Now waiting for snipers update

Nilla, happy 22 weeks to you hun! Sorry it took me some time. I'm glad you guys arte doing well still!

I love that changing table pink :dance:

There not like big padded ski suit kind of things, they are more big fluffy baby grows I just wasn't sure what to call them haha!
It was ordered on ebay, think it came from Germany.
It's in our room at the minute just so it's not in the way but my plan is to have it in the living room once baby arrives. Will also set cot up in our room and just feed her in bed with us at night and have a moses basket or travel cot as a play pen down stairs for during the day.
Haha it doesn't snow here in june/july but we do get pretty horendous weather all year round

Sarah
I am sooooo glad you are going to get better care!!! Please let us know how it went today when you are back!
Also cannot wait for a bump pic!!!
You are next week Tuesday and I'm Wednesday... so close now :thumbup:

It went okay I guess.. Well I was in for like five minutes and she checked my wee and blood pressure then it was like bye! .... So yah... Haha don't know what to think really but at least I'm getting an extra scan to double check babys size etc :thumbup: I know it's so so close now! This week is really going to drag!! :haha: :flower:

This is ur first time being seen in how long sarah? And all because they weren't doing their job. Omg. How horrid. Do u want to request a different midwife? Anywho I'm glad ur finally.going to get seen and hope u get proper help

It's about 6 or 7 weeks it was going to be over 8 weeks though at my scan until my mum stepped in :haha: nope because where I stay is so remote there is only her :dohh: unless she is off then one has to come from the mainland and that's that haha :flower:

Sarah - Glad that your midwife is finally listening and giving you that extra support and more scans, hope you feel better about things now x :

Thanks love :flower:

Ps congrats on team blue :blue:

Sarah:
I Defo think it's worth a try, even if it doesn't help it's not like I've lost out haha!
Maybe you should get ur mum to ring about a bump support haha, midwife seemed to pull her finger out last time

Exactly :thumbup: and yes! :haha: I probably should! Would save me money on buying one! Haha :flower:

Sorry if I missed anyone out btw! This thread is so active! Haha and hard to keep up with on a mobile :dohh:

Oh I finally decided to take a bump pic! About time eh :haha: I had to crop out my mug though as even though I am on the mend I still look like death! :dohh: and oh my holy lord I didn't realise how big I have got till I took this photo! :O :haha: il post a photo after to compare to last pregnancy.... HUGE difference! I am so going to be a blimp by the end of this! :haha:

21 weeks :flower:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 4
Awww Sarah you bump is gorgeous!!
It is quite a big bump but ur just so petite round it that prob makes it look bigger xx

Is that a standard leave time Wunna? I'm entitled to a year and I'm taking the whole thing.

That's great news Sarah, glad you'll be receiving more frequent care.

Nice bump Pink

Haha Kit, well, congrats on your (not 100%) team blue.

I still don't have any baby stuff yet, so I can't jump in that convo. A friend of mine just offered to host a baby shower for me if I was interested, so I'll have to think about that.

This morning I had a tight chest/pressure accompanied by a slight difficulty in breathing. I really didn't care for the feeling but it dissipated slowly throughout the day. Hopefully it's not a new pregnancy symptom I have to endure...'cause I'd rather not.

These are my last pregnancy bump pics going from top left at 23 weeks (bump is so tiny!!) to top left at 28 weeks (I look bigger then that now at only 21 weeks :dohh: :haha:) to bottom left at 31 weeks (looks about the sameish size as my this pregnancy bump now! :O :haha: ) to the last one at about 38 weeks!

I am going to literally pop by the end of this pregnancy if bump keeps progressing that quickly! :haha: I guess I was a tiny size 8 at the start of last pregnancy and I started of this pregnancy at a .... Let's just say plus size :haha: it's just suchx a big difference in shocked! :haha:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 10
You don't look plus size hun, u still look tiny. Especially to say ur so far along!
Mummy curves are the best ever

Awww Sarah you bump is gorgeous!!
It is quite a big bump but ur just so petite round it that prob makes it look bigger xx
Thanks :flower: hahaha petite :haha: no need to be nice I started this pregnancy more then a little chubby :haha: never managed to loose the ton of weight I put on with my first :dohh: :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->