- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

Nilla thank you so much for your update. I'm so glad that everything has turned out for the best. And I really hope you and able go from strength to strength.

Also means the world that even tho that's what u have been thru you still find the time to care about us ladies too.

Also wanted to say thank you to all you ladies for your kind words. Sometimes I think maybe I'm over reacting but I just can't help it. I don't understand anyone who's selfish to that level, I know everyone is to an extent and i m under no illusions I perfect and there is certainly things I could work on and improve about my self but being a selfish self centred spoilt little child that supposed to be an adult isn't one of them!!

We're all here for each other! That's great :hugs:

I'm down for the count today :( Threw up shortly after breakfast and seems to be a new thing lately. I'm going to switch to taking prenatals in the evening now and not have cereal as the meds and milk combinations seems to be triggering it. Now I just feel so lame and loafing on the couch!

I go back to work tomorrow after some leave and handing in my resignation! I hope they are shocked, worried and stressed about the fact that they have to find somebody asap to replace me. Serves them right for treating me like crap :dance:

You tell them wunna!! I hope they beg u to stay and realise what an awful mistake they made treating you so poorly! I'd love to see the looks on their faces when they realise they have lost u!

Hope u feel better too, I had a spate of about a week when I just wanted to be sick every night but it soon passed

Thanks Pink! I'm on the couch now playing suduko and watching Alladin (I cannot wait to share my love of animation movies with Matthew :D )

I can't wait to see how they react. They'll probably make my last 4 weeks with them a living hell because that is just who they are. I swear since I've been pregnant my boss had developed issues with me! Like WTF is up with that, I'm pregnant not a leopar!

OMG just 4 more weeks and then my maternity leave starts!! :wohoo:

Nilla what a scary time for you :hugs: but glad you and baby are doing well now :thumbup: p.s he is just beautiful! <3

Is anyone else feeling really strong pressure at the bottom of their tummy? Even as low as their lady bits sometimes? It started about a week or 2 ago and now I have it everyday and sometimes it's so bad I'm in pain for the majority of the day and just super uncomfy 24/7 now, I also happened to feel down below today because the pressure was unreal and it feels swolen to touch as well as just feeling swolen and pressure etc.... :/

I won't say I feel swolen or pressure, I do however have extreme groin / lady bit area pain. Like when I move it hurts terribly grrrr

Nilla, the ladies on the Facebook group sends their well wishes to you and Abel :hugs:

We now have a total of 3 June bugs so far :) 1 is one month old boy, Abel born Friday and a June princes born Saterday :D
Everyone is doing well so far!!

Last night was a bit scary/rough.
For the past 3 days I've been having on off contractions, nothing I wasn't used to after doing to much, just a little bit more than I expected. So I didn't really pay attention to them.

Well last night about 11:45, I got this bad pain that I thought in no way could that be a contraction that has to be babies moving. Couple minutes later, had another same thing, and a couple minutes later another so I started timing them. Next one came about 3 minutes later, and after that they were 5-7 minutes apart. That went on for a little while so I called L&D, had a super nice nurse, she told me to drink 3 large glasses of water, then lay on my left side for an hour and then call her back. Did all that, was still having contractions but they had eased off some.
Called back and got a different nurse this time.

This is how the phone call went...
"Labor and Delivery how can I help you?"
"Yes I called an hour ago, this is Tennessee, I am still having contractions they eased off some but are still there."
"Okay how much water did you drink?"
"3 glasses"
"Um you need to drink a LOT more than that....how much do you drink daily?"
"I usually drink juice I can't really handle water"
"Well drink water. Get off your feet. Call us back if you're stil having them cause really all we can do is put in an IV so you get the fluids you need."
"Okay"
"Okay, *pause* you're welcome bye"

Who does she think she is? And um I'm having twins? Do they not realize it's possible to go into labor before 37 weeks? And um, they were the ones who said I could drink juice....wtf?

I am not an idiot and do NOT appreciate being treated as such!

and preterm labor is NOT always ONLY because of dehydration I swear!

Ah Eppgirl I so get your frustration! I have the same problem with the 2 nurses at the clinic. I love the one and prefer her as the other one always says "it's normal in pregnancy" etc. She is so contradictory and dismissive.

How are you feeling today? I hope contractions are less :hugs:

Omg wunna I love animated films haha! Alladin, lion king and the nightmare before Xmas are just some of my faves haha! And big hero 6 form earlier this year was really good to!
Aww I bet the count down to maternity leave has been almost as bad as counting down till LO arrives lol

Sarah : I Defo get a heavy/presure feeling in my lower tummy and some times my lady bits. It gets worse in the mornings or when I've been sat still a while. Also if I'm walking anywhere and over do it even the tiniest bit my lady bits Defo let me know! And I've felt swollen to touch quite a while but Defo seems to be getting worse.

Oh eppgirl I hope your feeling better now! I understand ur frustrations with L&D.
I called the other week as my hands and feel swelled up like a ballon and I was seeing stars and amost passing out! Woman on phone was great but the woman I got stuck with when I got there was awful. So rude, inconsiderate and just a down right gremlin of a woman. Every time I opened my mouth her reply was " but that's common in pregnancy" I swear I could have told her I had tenticles coming out my arse when I went to the toilet and she would have told me it was nothing and make out I was being a muppet!
Eventually I lost my rag and screamed at her that I knew it was common in pregnancy but when I spoke to someone they told me to go in and as quick as possible, so stop treating me like I'm just some hypochondriac that's wasting their time. Needless to say she wasn't very happy and even less so when I threw the elastic straps that kept baby monitors on my tummy back at her after she had launched them up the bed at me.
I wouldn't ring them again even if I thought something was wrong, I'd take my chances in A and E.

It's really annoying! With DS I only had one nurse I couldn't stand luckily and she only cared for me my last day in the hospital and only for about 3 hours so I was lucky. This pregnancy so far there has been 2 nurses who we're awful, I'm hoping they're not working while I'm in labor/having the babies.

Better today, still some contractions and a LOT of soreness, and hurting. Gonna take It easy ttoday definitely not ready for these babies to come!
Gonna have my Dr do a cervix check tomorrow at my appt to make sure I'm not dilating.

Oh and the purple bottom line, I have that. It's oonly popped up yesterday but it's all the way up so I'm a bit concerned if that is true.

I've not attempted to look for that line yet haha and Defo don't feel flexible enough to be able to take a picture.
I hope you don't keep getting the bad nurses! There no use to anyone what so ever.
And hope babies hang on quite a while longer

FX that your little boys stay in a bit longer. For now that is the better home for them :D

I cannot even bend to put on my own shoes without groaning and grunting in pain and discomfort so I don't think I can check for the purple line. I'm too shy to ask dh to help me do the downstairs garden (TMI SORRY, but I'm scared he gets grossed out with my constant discharge :blush: ) so I doubt I'd even ask him to check if my crack is purple.

Okay, my hospital bag is pretty much packed! Only a few things that still needs to go in, but I have them on a list on top of the bag so that we can get those things into the bag once I go into labor.

It's not major things but they cannot be packed now already like my cellphone charger, ID etc.

I feel only a little bit prepared but not complete... I thought that when I was done with the bag I would feel more readu but it seems I still have a lot of anxiety about baby coming. I'm sure it will pass soon :D

Sorry if updates have been posted - gone back and forth a few pages for catch up :)

Congratulations Nilla! I'm sorry things didn't go as smooth as they could but at least you're both getting the needed care :) It won't be long before you get to peacefully prepare properly at home ready for your new little bundle.

Pink - Unsure whether your OH or the witch is the main problem. Ideally it should be between him and her to get their backsides into gear sorting out their children, not yours. That's no disrespect to your step-mum role either. You shouldn't need to go out of your way to fulfil their needs. As for the pets, this is why I refuse to take on additional responsibility in general. People slate people for saying they have no time for them but it's an actual scenario. Would you not consider rehoming some (if not all) of the lizards? They wouldn't be able to be as handled as much due to salmonella anyway so it's a constant cleaning fury. Hopefully things settle back into place for you.

I went to bed at 8pm lastnight to watch Britain's got Talent, OH slept in Ava's bed (she was at in-laws) after he stayed up and watched boxing! So full bed to myself :) Things have been okay between us today. Went to SIL's for tea, super chilled evening.

Hello ladies. Long time no talk! I have not been on in a while. To make a long story short, I JUST GAVE BIRTH ON MAY 1ST 2015! . I went in for a normal growth scan to follow up with fetal assessment and to my surprise, issues were found and instead of going home, they sent me to labor and delivery. I will tell my story in another post. He was born 3lbs 11 oz. I was not able to see him/kiss him/smell him for over 24 hrs :( ( my husbnd was able to though). Anywho, I finally got to hold him a few hours ago for the first time, and I cannot express how happy I am(although we re so unprepared lol). I held him for over 40 min and he did not cry once. He even smiled when he heard mommys voice singing to him . Long story coming up in a following post.

A huge congratulations! X

Oh how precious is your little Abel! I love his name :)

I'm so sorry that you have had such a difficult time during your pregnancy and the delivery. Hopefully the more you get to cuddle and love on Abel it will all become distant memories. Have they said how long before you guys can go home?
thank you.
I will be discharged in a couple of days. He will stay much longer. Minimum 3 weeks ive been told. He has had a few issues and has been losing weight everyday. Just praying that this awesome team, does an awesome job with him. They do a good job reassuring me that although he has some issues, he is a fighter and doesnt let it affect him drastically.

I spent four hours with him today and it was so awesome. I cant wait to spend more time with him. One nurse told me that he cries all day. blah blah lol. he didnt cry once when i was there. He started to whine once, and I started singing to him( a song i would sing everyday while he was in my stomach) and he smiled instantly. Oh my gosh so precious. I wish i could share video clips.

have all of you ladies finished your nursery rooms and or moving? I think its a good thing I will be discharged before him, because it gives us a chance to put crib/stroller and all that other stuf together. I too early is not really early at all

this pic was day 1. He no longer needs a breathing tube. Day two he struggled with patterns of not breathing at all and he was given a caffeine shot and is doing much better with that as well.

on day one, he ate and threw up, so they decided to tube feed him, but he threw that up as well. On day 2, they didnt feed him at all, just iv fluids. Today, after pumping every 2 hours, my colostrum volume is getting higher and I was able to feed him a bottle of colostrum today!!!! he didnt throw it up at all. first successful feeding with mommy's liquid gold.

I have total faith that he'll be home healthy in no time :hugs:

My nursery is set up furniture wise, hospital bag packed and 0-3 months clothes washed. I'm having another babyshower end of May and will be on maternity leave from 1 June to get everything 100% sorted. I figure if he should come earlier he'll be at hospital for a bit longer than me so then I can finalise whatever still needs to be done.

I'm so glad you popped on again! I missed your updates.

Nilla, the ladies on the Facebook group sends their well wishes to you and Abel :hugs:

We now have a total of 3 June bugs so far :) 1 is one month old boy, Abel born Friday and a June princes born Saterday :D
Everyone is doing well so far!!

wow that is so awesome. and tell them i said thanks. When is the birth date of the one month old? and how are the babies doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->