- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

I've still been spotting slightly today, but it seems to have stopped again now. I'm also slightly reassured by the fact that I got a 3+ on a clearblue digi this morning. I've never managed to get one in previous pregnancies and it's usually been the first sign something is wrong before I've started to miscarry so fingers crossed this a good sign for my rainbow :)

Also re the breastfeeding convo (I was away this weekend so just catching up, haha), I am hoping to do a better job this time around. I have really small boobs which I know is not supposed to make a difference but I can't help feeling that it does. So I tried and tried with my first and she just was not gaining weight, and she was crying a lot in the evenings from hunger, and my doctor said I had to double my caloric intake, which I was not even real able to do, so eventually I just started supplementing and it was really the best choice. I felt incredibly awful and guilty for about two days then I got over it. I still gave her breastmilk until 6 months.

Anyway, long story to just say that I didn't realize the first time around how much other life choices can affect milk supply. I went back to classes and started pumping when DD was less than 2 months old, and the stress of school, plus being away from her and getting her on a more regimented schedule, I really think it affected my supply. So this time around I will take 6 months off and plan to just feed as much as possible the first couple months, and hope that increases my supply enough to give me enough milk. It was so depressing having so little milk with DD - I would pump and get 2-4 oz if that, from both breasts. Sad :(

Also, way back in the thread people were talking about home births, etc. I did a hospital birth with DD and it went fine, my labor was super fast though. I had an epi but only for like one hour because I started contractions around 8pm and she was born at midnight. So I am vaguely interested in either natural or home birth this time around. Gonna think about that once the first trimester is over :)

Congrats to the new BFPers!! Welcome all!! So fun having such a big group.

Yay to all the new BFP's.

AFM - I am having the worst migraines past few days, feeling sick and now my boobs are hurting heaps....all good though must mean my hormones are raging. I have my second beta today, will have the results back in the next couple of hours. A little nervous it should be at least 1400 today if it is doubling!! Will let you all know!

Congrats to all the new BFP!

Last couple of days my nausea has been back. Last night I felt pretty bad. I'm awake at 5am today because I have bad trapped wind lol. My constipation is bad too, so getting some abdominal pain. I'm pretty sure it's related to wind and constipation though as I suffer from IBS. Boobs still tender. They hurt a little but I would say they could hurt a lot more.

The typhoon is approaching Tokyo now so I don't know if I should go to my classes or not today. Will have to see if they are cancelled or not.

Nikoru, you can take miralax during pregnancy to help with constipation. With my first pregnancy my doc prescribed a prenatal with stool softener to help. Not sure how that would pan out with your IBS, but it may be worth asking about.

Nikoru, you can take miralax during pregnancy to help with constipation. With my first pregnancy my doc prescribed a prenatal with stool softener to help. Not sure how that would pan out with your IBS, but it may be worth asking about.

Yeah I'm not exactly sure miralax is available in Japan...and if it is, I have no clue how to get it. I think I'm going to have to wait it out until my first appointment with the doctor in 2 weeks.

Well I spoke too soon earlier. Having some bleeding and little weird stringy bits in it. Not feeling too optimistic right now. :(

Well I spoke too soon earlier. Having some bleeding and little weird stringy bits in it. Not feeling too optimistic right now. :(

Lots of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:. I hope everything is ok and that it is normal discharge. Anyone you can ask about it?

I've just decided that since this is my first ever pregnancy, I'm just going to let myself be excited, tell people, plan things etc as I have no reason to believe it could be otherwise. I think if I start down the path of worrying, I'll worry like crazy, so thinking positive is probably going to be best for me. If (and I pray to the gods it doesn't) anything goes wrong then I guess next time I'll allow myself to worry a little more but for now, I guess I'll just try to enjoy and think of lovely things.

Since my BFP wasn't exactly planned, in the early days when I realised I could be pregnant (beginning of the 2ww) I stopped drinking alcohol and coffee and panicked to some of my friends a little. Mainly because I thought I probably wouldn't be but there was a slight chance.

Now they are starting to ask me about it and I don't want to lie but not sure I should tell them yet. At the moment I'm skipping going out with them in case they ask me why I'm not drinking. They know my period should be due by now and if I tell them I got it, it's a lie and if I say I didn't they'll ask me if I took a test and then I'll be lying again lol...as you can tell...I don't particularly like lying.

What would you do?

I love how you're thinking about it. This is our first as well so I am trying to do the same...it can be hard though lol. It's like we are hardwired to worry!

I personally told the people close to me because I can't keep a secret. By that I mean our parents, siblings, best friends and I told my boss (not worried about getting treated differently at all, just wanted her to understand if I need to take a day here or there or need long lunch breaks for appts) and the girl I share a desk with. These are all the people who are going to be in my immediate vicinity should something bad happen, and since I wear my heart on my sleeve there would be no hiding it anyway. We are going to try to wait until 12 weeks to announce publicly, but I am already bursting so if everything looks good at 8 I may do it then.

I am cd 37. I got a faint positive on friday morning and another friday afternoon. My partner is due home tonight so i have took another test this morning so i know for sure before telling him and the line is not getting any darker. There is still a line but i expected it to be darker. With my first i got a very strong bfp at 7dpo and sickness from 8po. This pregnancy i was around 20dpo before i got a bfp and no symptoms apart from sore boobs. I just dont feel pregnant. Am i worrying for nothing or should my tests be getting darker.

My tests haven't really gotten darker either. I was worried until I had my beta done. I am using wondfos. I had one test that actually dried pretty dark but the rest have all been about the same as yours. My beta was 138.1 at 15dpo so it's definitely in my blood even if it isn't coming out in my pee lol. A positive is a positive and apparently all tests have different amounts of dye in them and you're pee can be diluted (I thought I was testing with fmu for a cpl days until DH reminded me I had been getting up in the middle of the night to go :wacko:). So as long as there is a line I wouldn't worry. They turn positive at a certain amt of hcg but they aren't guaranteed to get darker. Even now at 17dpo mine are total squinters sometimes while others aren't, and I've been getting bfps since 9dpo. :hugs:

AFM, not much has changed just still crampy and super sore bbs and so tired! My mom says I have pregnancy brain too, I can't focus on anything and my short term memory is on the fritz :haha: Apparently she had that with me. I did have some (TMI warning) peach colored CM when I wiped, like a pinkish brown color, only about the size of a quarter this afternoon. Freaked me out. Please stick please stick please stick!

My EDD is 6/6 but I O'd on CD 20 so I asked to be put on for june 9th and I am already on the front page :winkwink: I asked last week when I found out but then didn't get back on to post until I had absorbed the info a bit. When I go for my scan at the end of the month I will update my EDD if she gives me a new one.

Lots of hugs :hugs::hugs::hugs:. I hope everything is ok and that it is normal discharge. Anyone you can ask about it?

Thank you. I have an ultrasound on Friday but I'm going to call my OB tomorrow and see if she can get me in sooner. They're pretty awesome about things like that. Not much I can do today though.

Thank you. I have an ultrasound on Friday but I'm going to call my OB tomorrow and see if she can get me in sooner. They're pretty awesome about things like that. Not much I can do today though.

:hugs::hugs: And lots of them...hope its just your uterus growing. And sending lots of positive vibes for a great scan :hugs::hugs::hugs:

Hugs, Shilo. I hope the spotting stops and your doc gets you in sooner.

I told myself I wouldn't but here I am worried and overthinking!! We saw a really small sac (at one point he said he thinks it's the sac) but nothing else... Other than the thick lining. He said the scan was good but I can't help but have my doubts. I was 5+1. He told me before we started he would most likely see nothing. I've had two scans that early and we saw sacs, one we say gestational sac. Do you guys really think it's ok and I'm just too early?

I'm having no pain, no bleeding... No red flags. I have symptoms, mainly my boobs kill, hungry, craving and exhausted.

Really trying not to over think it. My next scan is in two weeks and I can't wait for it.

Thinking of you Shilo, hopefully they will get you in sooner :hugs:

5 weeks is really awfully early to see anything, and the fact that something was seen at all is a good sign. For some early scans can be reassuring, but for others they can just cause more worry :hugs:

*hug shilo*

Sengland, you sound so much like me.

I just had my first major cry at my husband because the typhoon is here today in Japan so I wanted to ask him what to do in the situation. I also started getting some thrush symptoms and I wanted to use some Japanese cream I have but I couldn't check to see if it was okay to use when pregnant. Basically he told me to wait for two weeks to ask the doctor. I just got so angry and upset that he doesn't understand what thrush is like and it was urgent I told him I'd go back to live in the UK where I could check things for myself. Of course I was totally over reacting and he was really sorry. Hormones I guess. He doesn't understand much about illness though, he never takes any medication for anything.

It's starting to get tough for him and wearing on him that I can't do much for myself over here but on the other hand I do need his help, what else can I do? I already googled in English and couldn't find anything. I guess it's really important that my Japanese improves but it's not going to happen overnight and if we want to be together it's just going to have to be this way for a while at least.

Shilo - wishing you the best! Hopefully you can get in earlier for your scan and everything will be just fine!

Radiance - I'm not an expert by any means, but I read somewhere that sometimes a sac is visible by 5 weeks, but it's not always a definite until 5w4d. A thickened uterus is good! So I wouldn't be too concerned. Easier said than done, though :) Most of the time I feel pretty good and positive, but then I'll have a night with some cramping, especially on the ectopic side, and I'll freak out and get so worried. I never knew pregnancy would be so stressful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->