- 2015 JUNE BUGS - Join Us!

I had an awful day today. So I already had some Japanese brand cream called meditreat for yeast infection and I used it once not long after getting my BFP and I just assumed it would be okay because in the UK it's safe to use the topical cream during pregnancy. But on further inspection I think it's a different active ingredient. So I started to worry. Anyway my husband told me I needed to go to a clinic, he suggested one near our home. So I only had a small amount of cash on me and I told him when I go in there they'll definitely check that I'm pregnant and I'm sure it will cost more. He said it wouldn't.

So I go, the doctor was really rude. She asked me when my last period was which I didn't have one so I told her. I told her I knew when I ovulated and she didn't care. Anyway she gave me a scan and she was just so cold and unfriendly. She said I am pregnant but she can't see the foetus. I knew she wouldn't because I'm only like 4w+ 5. Anyway then she took a Pap smear. I think she was miffed because I noted on the form I didn't want to give birth there (and I certainly don't now!) and I will be going to a proper hospital. Anyway I told her I had an appointment there to check the pregnancy on the 17th and she says that will be too early and she wants me to come back to her on the 20th. She says there certainly won't be a heartbeat before then and they need a heartbeat to confirm pregnancy. Anyway so when I go to pay, it turns out that it is triple the amount I had on me which I knew it would be. Cash only.I only had a credit card and physically didn't have any more money I could have even got out from a cash point. Anyway I asked them if I could pay tomorrow so the doctor comes out and shouts at me and says "it's Japan and pregnancy costs a lot it's not like in your country!"

I'm so hormonal I left and burst into tears. I didn't even get a prescription from her because she said I can collect that tomorrow when I pay the rest.

Anyway I don't know what to do. My husband says I should go back and pay but not go to the second appointment. I should just go to the hospital like planned. If it is too early though, we'll have to go again before it can be confirmed. In Japan you have to register your pregnancy at the city office. Then you usually get some free coupons to help with the cost but only if you have registered.

Also Radiance, I feel exactly like you know. Still worried. Although on the bright side at least it's in my womb and not ectopic so that is one worry off my mind.

Sorry for the long post! Just really needed to vent.

Oh Niko thats awful! I can't believe you were treated so horribly! I hope you have a better experience at the hospital for your next appointment.

Due on 19th, got my BFP 2 days ago although I did get a very faint one a few days before that at 8dpo too! Would love to join you lovely ladies.

Congrats JumpingIn! Welcome!

Oh Niko thats awful! I can't believe you were treated so horribly! I hope you have a better experience at the hospital for your next appointment.

Yeah a lot have people have told me that a lot of Japanese patients just do as their told and the doctor just expects them just to do as they say, not ask questions and shut up. I have been to a hospital in Japan before and actually one other small clinic but not a specific ladies clinic. Both the doctors in the other places were okay (the small clinic doctor was a bit creepy but at least friendly). The other doctors were male though and she was a female. Bit of a b***h and treated me like I had no feelings really. didn't explain anything to me or anything. Just "we cant see anything yet, don't drink alcohol or smoke...now you may leave" and I only went in there to get some thrush cream :( I mean I am used to doctors treating me like i'm stupid and not explaining things fully to me, but actually I studied human genetics and a lot of anatomy too (a long time ago though) so I am capable of understanding quite a bit. Anyway my eye doctor (I have uveitis, although not flared up at the moement) in Japan is really nice and he fully explains stuff using the technical words as well (if he can remember the English). Maybe I just landed on my feet with him. At least I know he is a keeper now haha. Its just some small things that you take for granted about living in a familiar place I guess. Its just bewildering because Japan is new to me and being pregnant is as well so its a lot at once!

Nikoru0111, I'm so sorry your first visit went so bad. She really sounds like a b***ch! :( Hope your next time with another doctor is better! At least you know that the embryo is in your womb!

I had my beta-HCG tested. A little worried. My doubling time is 71 hours (it's ok if it's 48-72 hours, but 71 seems really slow). :shrug: It was 461 and then after 48 hours it was 735. Had it tested again today. Praying for a fast growth! Don't know what to expect... My next appointment is in 2 days. It's too early to make an ultrasound, I suppose - I'll be 4+4.

I find this website reassuring: https://carikay11.hubpages.com/hub/nondoublinghcg

Welcome JumpingIn!!

Nikoru, I'm so mad for you!! :( hope your other doc is nicer.

Nikoru:

I'm sorry you experienced that! I feel angry and upset for you!!

As for you feeling worried too.. it's only natural. I think I just felt more worried because there was a lot of fluid (and I mean a lot) of fluid surrounding my left ovary.. I do have a history of ovarian cysts but the fact that it is too early to see anything it makes me scared- thinking maybe my fallopian tube burst? But he would know that right? I do get discomfort when I lay on my right side sometimes. Not painful at all but it's not comfortable.

Nik, what an awful experience, that sounds horrible. That's like my first ER visit when I found out I had the UTI, every one kept asking how I knew I was pregnant...so I kept explaining that my doc did a blood test, and then they wanted to know why I had the doc do a blood test...ugh...really? Just give me my meds and leave me alone.

I got my blood drawn this morning, should know where the beta is lying here in a couple of hours. Ugh...the wait sucks.

Good luck for your beta result :) Has the spotting stopped?

Okay, got my BETA back for this morning. So, last test was on Wednesday the 1st in the morning and it was 6600. This morning's test was 22000. Sound about normal?

Okay, got my BETA back for this morning. So, last test was on Wednesday the 1st in the morning and it was 6600. This morning's test was 22000. Sound about normal?

Your numbers are nice and high!! I'm jealous!! One week and I still haven't gotten mine :nope: They don't seem as concerned as I am but I would think they would understand why I feel the way I do. I'm hoping I have some good numbers! :thumbup:

Nicole- That is awful how she treated you! hope your ok! where are you from originally? x

Radiance- Hope you are hanging in there ok! the wait is awful x

Mommyof5- Great numbers! you must be so pleased x

Hi to all the gang x

AFM- Had a tough day. Had a IC test in the cupboard left over so thought id use it this morning and BFN. Dh went to Tesco to buy one of their own brand tests and it came up a super faint(although pink) positive... really dont know what to think now! We bought another CB digital to do in the morning and i am praying that is positive like Saturdays was..?? Been crying all afternoon. Few ladies have said take no notice of cheap tests but dont know what to think? iv had no pain or bleeding and i still have same symptoms... They dont do Betas at my clinic so called my GP before and she has agreed to do a beta tomorrow and repeat few days later. I am so scared. We have gone through hell to get this BFP. Lost 2 babies and both my tubes, had 3 failed IVF, this HAS to be our baby or i just dont know what we will do xxx

Great numbers, Poy!! I get spotting is worrisome, but those numbers are really good, does it help out your mind at ease at a all?

Africaqueen - your tesco test could have been faint bc your urine wasn't concentrated enough. Definitely test again in the morning and try to stay positive in the meantime. Hugs!

Hi Everyone!

I actually found out a few weeks ago that we were pregnant with our first and just like everyone one else I've been nervous for my little bean to stick. I just found this group after seeing it on someone's signature. I've also been trying to function through the morning sickness, tiredness, and headaches. Our EDD is June 1st but that may change once we have our first scan.

I am 30 and DH is 32 and we have been trying since our wedding earlier this year. I was diagnosed with PCOS and this past cycle was our first cycle on Clomid. So far we've told our parents and I told my sister, BF, my boss, and two coworkers (well one co-worker and the other one guessed). I told the people at work who I couldn't hide it from. My boss would know something was up because she knew we were ttc and I have been so nausea and am now having a hard time keeping things down.

I've gotten betas over the last few weeks that have been promising and I had a scan at 4w5d that only showed a sack and I go back this friday to hopefully hear a heart beat, but our first official OB appt wont be until I am past 8 weeks.

Time is going so slow and I am just ready to be out of the danger zone so I can yell it to the world and buy all the cute baby things I have been dreaming to buy...until then all I can do is wait :coffee::coffee::coffee:

Welcome to the new ladies!

I haven't had anymore bleeding aside from that one brief incident yesterday. So I think I am going to try to stick it out and wait until my ultrasound on Friday unless I start bleeding again. It'd be too early to see much right now and I worry that'd stress me out more.

Shilo - so glad to hear it! I hope this week goes well and everything looks perfect on Friday!

I'm feeling bored this week so far! Nothing happening and it seems like my scan is ages away.

Oh but fun news I just got a call from the postpartum doula who helped us last time so it was really fun talking to her and hearing some congratulations from someone new. I guess she is the only other person I have told aside from DH and my best friend!

How is everyone else making the time pass?

Hello Ladies of June Bugs!
I'm just waiting to get to my doctor for my first appointment (this Thursday :happydance: ) but ive taken about 10 at home tests and all BFPs!!!!! according to the due date calculator I'm due June 7th....it's my first and I'm so excited!!!
I'm already planning out the baby shower theme and it's way too soon to tell if its a boy or a girl (but I have plans for both hehe)
congrats to the other mommies <3 very excited to go through this with you all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->